Reload this Page >

The January '12 Pro Wrestling Thread: Genesis/Royal Rumble

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The January '12 Pro Wrestling Thread: Genesis/Royal Rumble

Old 01-13-12, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 179 Likes on 141 Posts
Re: The January '12 Pro Wrestling Thread: Genesis/Royal Rumble

He can't get some kind of appearance on WWE with Road Dogg back?
Old 01-13-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
We've seen the dancers before (at least if you watched Tough Enough and NXT). The one was the girl from TE who thought Alicia Fox vs Melina was the greatest WWE match of all time. Stone Cold didn't agree

The other was on NXT as Naomi Knight. And from what I've seen, she seems to be an excellent in-ring performer. So of course WWE uses her in a non-wrestling capacity
Ahhhhh, that's who those were. Naomi is awfully pretty all dolled up. She was kinda plain jane in NXT.

Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post
It is cool that WWE is trying something different. Even if Brodus never grows on me as a TV character (I've never been one to gravitate towards the Godfathers, Mabels, or Rikishis of the world) I bet I would be into his whole act at a live event. And I'm the guy that LOVES Santino around here, so I know where you're coming from. That dude never fails to crack me up. I would buy a t-shirt of his if any of them looked decent.

I have to say, I'm pretty pleased to see so many of you grooving on Clay though. I was just sure everyone here was going to be shitting all over it.
Nah, I liked Godfather and Rikishi. I never was a big Mabel/Viscera fan though. That was a bit much in my opinion. I don't mind fun live acts...I am even okay with them competing for a midcard title. As long as they aren't pushed into the main event except maybe in a 6-man elimination match or something.
Originally Posted by wsox2009 View Post
You put it on your arm right?
Yep, that's what you do. Fun to chase around the wife with. One minor note, you have to stretch it out a bit if you don't have teeny arms. Which if you look at Santino, you have to wonder if he spends a while stretching those suckers out.
Old 01-13-12, 11:49 AM

Random thoughts about Impact last night.

1. The James Storm/Kurt Angle match was really awesome. Not amazing, but very very good.
2. So...Brooke Tessmacher works as a Hooters Girl in Houston? WHERE?! But seriously...I would think she would make enough in TNA but I guess not.
3. ODB/Eric continues to scream my marriage relationship to my wife. Even my wife is admitting this now. It's freaky.
4. Any ideas on what Daniels is holding over Kaz to make him turn on AJ?
5. Bully Ray continues to be a shining bright spot on the heel side. I love what he is doing right now.
6. I am curious who is training Garrett Bischoff (my guess is Anderson), but I am not sure I care all that much.
7. Good lord, Christy Hemme was smoking hot last night. I am not sure I ever starred so hard at cleavage on a television.
Old 01-13-12, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Perez Hilton will be a guest on RAW this week.
Old 01-13-12, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 179 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Random thoughts about Impact last night.

2. So...Brooke Tessmacher works as a Hooters Girl in Houston? WHERE?! But seriously...I would think she would make enough in TNA but I guess not.

Read this article:
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/...ment-of-talent

Taylor Wilde, while TNA woman's champ, was working at a Sunglass Hut for extra cash until people started recognizing her. Was that Tessmacher thing a storyline, though?
Old 01-14-12, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
Whats he going to do? Come out with a sharpie and draw jizz on the wrestlers faces?
Old 01-14-12, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Whats he going to do?
Get booed.
Old 01-14-12, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Read this article:
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/...ment-of-talent

Taylor Wilde, while TNA woman's champ, was working at a Sunglass Hut for extra cash until people started recognizing her. Was that Tessmacher thing a storyline, though?
Partly. She participates in The Hooters bikini pageant, and to qualify, you must be an employee of Hooters.
Old 01-14-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I absolutely love what they're doing with Daniel Bryan's character right now. Him and show had another really good match last night, even with the non-finish.
Old 01-14-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a tear came to my eye watching that 4 Horseman HOF video. Represented everything I loved about wrestling and the NWA in my childhood years.
Old 01-14-12, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I absolutely love what they're doing with Daniel Bryan's character right now. Him and show had another really good match last night, even with the non-finish.
AJ sold that hit from Show really well. Note to TNA: THAT is how you do a non-finish.
Old 01-14-12, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 01-15-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In terms of TNA and their female talent, what they make is pretty dang sad, especially when you consider that their storylines tend to draw more interest than the male wreslters. Apparently when Madison Rayne was champion she had to opt out of a house show or two because she couldn't afford plane tickets or lodging. That's how they treated their Knockout champion, so you can imagine the others. I'm sure Karen Jarrett gets a good amount, despite not really competing. But we know how that comes about.
Old 01-16-12, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Apparently when Madison Rayne was champion she had to opt out of a house show or two because she couldn't afford plane tickets or lodging. That's how they treated their Knockout champion, so you can imagine the others.
The last house show I was at for TNA, Madison was champ (wow, it's been a while). She wrestled a really good match (far longer than they let them go on tv), and that was the night I really started to appreciate her athletic gifts. It is a damn shame that TNA can't pay their women wrestlers enough, especially when as mentioned their storylines far outdo most of the roster. I hope people like Madison, and Velvet get their cup of coffee with WWE (and more)...they have put in a ton of time with TNA and don't look like they have all that much to show for it.

I'd entertain ODB as well, but she's probably over the hill as far as WWE is concerned (which is sad) and not WWE's type at all (maybe Karma/Kong will change that).
Old 01-16-12, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No way ODB would make it on to PG WWE TV.
Old 01-16-12, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ziggler and Foley were great in the opening segment.

If you told people 5-10 years ago that Bryan Danielson and CM Punk would both be WWE champions and tagging together on RAW you'd have been committed.
Old 01-16-12, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Six-man for RAW:

Punk, Bryan, and Jericho vs. Henry, Ziggler, and Otunga.

Five of those names are exciting to me.
Old 01-16-12, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

So the only good thing about Perez Hilton was that it prevented Alicia from hurting someone. I was secretly hoping for a boring chant to start. It's just painful to watch these divas matches.
Old 01-16-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"Well there ya go." - M. Cole
Old 01-16-12, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm surprised they've let this interim GM bit go on for so long. While it's been better than anything when Bischoff was there, where do they go from here?
Old 01-16-12, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
So the only good thing about Perez Hilton was that it prevented Alicia from hurting someone. I was secretly hoping for a boring chant to start. It's just painful to watch these divas matches.
At this point, I'm fine with either getting rid of the non-workers or turning them into valets.

Can't wait for Kong to come back and start killing Divas again.

BTW, great, great RAW. Minus the Divas and Ryder losing the title.
Old 01-16-12, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
I'm surprised they've let this interim GM bit go on for so long. While it's been better than anything when Bischoff was there, where do they go from here?
Presumably someone comes back (Vince?) to challenge Johnny for power, perhaps with a stable for each.

Pretty solid RAW. The Diva's were awful as usual. I can't imagine why anyone in WWE would think a flamer like Hilton would be any kind of benefit to the show. The rest was good. Brodus Clay continues to be amusing.
Old 01-16-12, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DGibFen View Post
BTW, great, great RAW. Minus the Divas and Ryder losing the title.
I wasn't looking forward to this week (the last few raws have been rough), but I really enjoyed this episode too. The best thing was Punk's promo to Johnny at the end. I've grew a little cold on Punk in the last few weeks, but the promo reminded me of why he's so good.

Also, didn't really mind the Cena beatdown. Yes, you can point out how wise it is to have Cena demolish your new US Champ, but as a Cena segment? At least it wasn't him trying to be funny or cute. I did laugh when he acted like the steps weighed 500 pounds, but what can you do?

Dolph just gets better and better as the weeks go on. That dude really is something special.
Old 01-16-12, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

After Laurenitis hit Foley, I wanted Kane to come out saying "You have embraced your hate"
Old 01-16-12, 11:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't watched in a couple of weeks, but I happened to be turning the channel at 11 and stopped on Raw just in time for Punk's promo on DDJA. CM Punk is everything that is right with wrestling. His promo was so coherent, so well-spoken, so intense, and just reminiscent of what it was back in the day.

Will it be enough to get me to tune in next week....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.