Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH July Wrestling Thread: Money in the Bank/ Destination X

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH July Wrestling Thread: Money in the Bank/ Destination X

Old 07-11-11, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: WWE/TNA/ROH July Wrestling Thread: Money in the Bank/ Destination X

Holy shit this is awesome! Punk is selling this so well. Incredible on the stick!
Old 07-11-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and CENA DESTROYS IT!! wow...
Old 07-11-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what did you eat big foots diaper???? holy crap... that was soooooo bad
Old 07-11-11, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

and then CM Punk saves the segment.... vince... please dear god... save this man
Old 07-11-11, 10:18 PM

Received 360 Likes on 262 Posts

That was a classic RAW moment with Punk & McMahon. Cena came out and turned it into shit. And Punk found a way to turn it back around.

"WWE Ice Cream Bars" is trending on twitter.
Old 07-11-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Boy, did that Cena appearance backfire and nearly kill the heat of the entire CM Punk-Vince promo. I think Punk had a bigger reaction from the crowd than Cena, other than the Red Sox-Yankees stuff.

Loved the dig at the Rock too. I wonder who Punk will challenge at Wrestlemania 28. It looks like HHH is a strong possibility.
Old 07-11-11, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post
Boy, did that Cena appearance backfire and nearly kill the heat of the entire CM Punk-Vince promo. I think Punk had a bigger reaction from the crowd than Cena, other than the Red Sox-Yankees stuff.

Loved the dig at the Rock too. I wonder who Punk will challenge at Wrestlemania 28. It looks like HHH is a strong possibility.
Assuming that he does re-sign, all the legit wrestling website say he really is going....and from what I remember, Triple H wants Undertaker next year...
Old 07-11-11, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
and then CM Punk saves the segment.... vince... please dear god... save this man
Now Raven is turning into his avatar! LOL
Old 07-11-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, pretty much Cena nearly killed it (not the good kind of killing it)

Also anyone notice that Vince called Punk "Phil"? Also loved that he did mention Cabana and Luke Gallows being let go because the creative team didn't know what to do with them
Old 07-11-11, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep talent. I mean i can honestly criticize the Wwe and you cant even say one bad thing about TNA.

Oh and reading the spoilers again for TNA...typical crap.

But you are right..CM PUnk is definitely leaving!
Old 07-11-11, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
Nothing wrong with wanting to keep talent. I mean i can honestly criticize the Wwe and you cant even say one bad thing about TNA.

Oh and reading the spoilers again for TNA...typical crap.

But you are right..CM PUnk is definitely leaving!
Then what happens if the impossible for many WWE fans fear: C.M. Punk signs with TNA (like he would want to go to ROH considering the talent kill themselves there and have a crappy tv deal that isn't national like Spike TV). Would you watch TNA and continue to support a wrestler like Punk? Or are you blindly supporting WWE despite the crap they treat talent like Punk, give you crap storylines (the ones you always complain about), etc.
Old 07-11-11, 11:15 PM

Received 360 Likes on 262 Posts

Here's the video of CM Punk at WM22:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bxu-c24KxiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-11-11, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really didn't think Punk could get near what he did two weeks ago, but he did it. Goosebumps through the entire thing. I swear that Cena had a look in his eyes that said he knew he can't compete with Punk on the mic, even in Boston.
Old 07-11-11, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heh, the post-show match had one great moment:

After Raw went off the air, John Cena made a few references to the Red Sox/Bruins-Yankees promo and challenged C.M. Punk to the advertised Punk vs. Cena Street Fight. Punk came back out from the entrance and Cena met him on the outside.

Bonus Dark Match: WWE champion John Cena beat C.M. Punk in a Street Fight. They fought on the outside for a while before Punk took a mic and congratulated Derek Jeter for 3,000 hits, then himself, while hitting Cena with the mic.

Punk had the advantage and began ripping monitors out of the announce table before Cena hit Punk back with a mic. Back in the ring, Punk hit Cena in the back with a chair. Punk did a lot of taunting to Cena's dad and wife, who were sitting ringside for the night. Eventually, Cena's dad hit Cena in the face, sending him into the ring. Cena then covered him for the three count and the win.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...le_51361.shtml
Old 07-12-11, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I liked the fact that Punk mentioned how ugly the WWE belt is.
Old 07-12-11, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for those that missed it
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKCVmdPfbQo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKCVmdPfbQo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AJ4H6gdi2VE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AJ4H6gdi2VE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 07-12-11, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Cena was actually pretty good tonight. The "diaper" line was classic corny Cena, but otherwise, I think he did admirably. Punk is in his own stratosphere right now, though. Homie is just too good. I hope he does leave for a while, and come back at Rumble or whatever as a face. I don't think he's going to be able to keep the crowd against him for much longer.
Old 07-12-11, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Curse_7781 View Post
Then what happens if the impossible for many WWE fans fear: C.M. Punk signs with TNA (like he would want to go to ROH considering the talent kill themselves there and have a crappy tv deal that isn't national like Spike TV). Would you watch TNA and continue to support a wrestler like Punk? Or are you blindly supporting WWE despite the crap they treat talent like Punk, give you crap storylines (the ones you always complain about), etc.
Except Punk has been pretty much quoted as saying there is no way in hell he'd go to TNA.

I'm about 99% positive Punk's not going anywhere. If anything, he'll take some time off before making a big return in a few months.
Old 07-12-11, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Here's the video of CM Punk at WM22:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bxu-c24KxiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sometimes those special WM entrances work (Shawn Michaels) but the vast majority of the time they turn out like this.

Vince really is one of the best characters on the roster. He flows from heel to face to somewhere in between so efortlessly. His facial expressions while Punk was talking were killing me.

Again I'm of the opinion that they wouldn't bring this much contract talk on TV if it wasn't already done. I'm almost sure he'll win and go away for a couple of weeks (should be a few months but they don't have the confidence to take it out for that long)
Old 07-12-11, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Curse_7781 View Post
you cant be serious... see this is why i think you really are Dixie Carter and now maybe Eric Bischoff...

you cant possibly be proud of TNA product and how they have been running things in the past 12 months...

since apparently you have something invested in TNA, Please get rid of Hogan... he doesnt know what he is doing and please copy what ROH is doing make it about wrestling. oh and please stop with the run in endings because im sick and tired of no one winning with a clean pin.

If punk goes to TNA, good for him but 90% chance he is misused again and wants to leave...He already publicly stated that he hates it down there and wouldnt go back... but anything is possible..
Old 07-12-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Sometimes those special WM entrances work (Shawn Michaels) but the vast majority of the time they turn out like this.
I look forward to them every year, and every year they end up being lackluster. Triple H as Conan. Cena's...well, all of them. The Miz with his balloons. I wonder if they'll do anything for Rock?
Old 07-12-11, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post
I think Cena was actually pretty good tonight. The "diaper" line was classic corny Cena, but otherwise, I think he did admirably.
I thought Cena almost ruined the whole thing.

A big difference between Cena and Punk is that Cena seems perfectly happy having the exact same match, week in and week out. His style has remained unchanged for such a long time, and no...changing the color of your shirt doesn't count. He's like the kid in school who was cool in junior high, but couldn't make the switch to being cool in senior high.

I know it's safe and WWE probably prefers he sticks to it, but it makes for boring TV for adults.
Old 07-12-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 179 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
Generation Me and Orlando Jordan have been released.
Generation Me should never had a contract to begin with...
Old 07-12-11, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
I know it's safe and WWE probably prefers he sticks to it, but it makes for boring TV for adults.
Therein lies WWE's dilemma (sp.?). The audience for wrestling has pretty much shifted from being adults in the late 90s early 21st century to kids. While they do not have money per se, they do have parents willing to spend to keep them quiet. Most adults who watched in the Attitude era have tuned it out, and getting them back will be difficult as they are no longer in college or young with a mostly carefree life. Do you run a big risk to get that audience back, or stick with pleasing the paying ones you have? I don't really have an answer, but I think it's time for a gamble.
Old 07-12-11, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
I thought Cena almost ruined the whole thing.

A big difference between Cena and Punk is that Cena seems perfectly happy having the exact same match, week in and week out. His style has remained unchanged for such a long time, and no...changing the color of your shirt doesn't count. He's like the kid in school who was cool in junior high, but couldn't make the switch to being cool in senior high.

I'm talking about Cena's interaction with Punk at the top of the show. You don't think he was good there? Honestly, I don't really care about TV matches, so I skipped Cena's. I'm just talking about the mic work. And I think Cena was excellent at the beginning of the show, and pretty good at the end (jokes aside).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.