Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

CONCACAF Gold Cup Final: USA v Mexico

Old 06-25-11, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

CONCACAF Gold Cup Final: USA v Mexico

I needed to create this thread just so I could say: JONATHAN BORNSTEIN YOU ARE THE WORST

He was out of position on all four goals, all scored from his spot on the field while he was out of position, ball watching, and standing virtually still. How the F does this guy keep getting capped? He is the single biggest offensive threat for any US opponent. When he came in the game I cringed. As long as he wears a USMNT jersey I have to question whether Bob Bradley is in possession of all of his coaching faculties.

A truly embarrassing 60 minutes of soccer.
Old 06-25-11, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup Final: USA v Mexico

I fucking hate losing to Mexico. Their defense is garbage, which makes them very beatable. But their attack is incredible right now.

Bornstein being horrible is nothing new, but if Nuremberg had allowed Timothy Chandler to play in the Gold Cup, Bornstein doesn't make the roster and we never see him on the pitch. And Chandler is a difference-maker, and his addition changes the complexion of the whole tournament for the U.S.

Anyway, Bocanegra was even worse than Bornstein.
Old 06-25-11, 10:17 PM
Banned

I fucking hate Mexico!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-11, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well done on rehiring Bradley after The World Cup
Old 06-26-11, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I usually catch it but I missed this last night. Sounds like it was a decent final.
Old 06-26-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Howie2000 View Post
Well done on rehiring Bradley after The World Cup
It was a poor decision for sure. You can tell when some of the people who are passionate about the program (Lalas for example) speak candidly they are not Bradley fans. His lackadaisical attitude toward 'less meaningful' games for example has always driven me crazy. Why is there even such a thing as a 'less meaningful' game? I get that you need to get new players experience, but he comes off that winning - or even performing well for that matter - is virtually secondary at times. Of course he usually states that after they have already lost (see v. Spain). Then there is some belief that simply saying 'OK, this one actually matters' will somehow turn the fire back on. I completely disagree that you can take the 3+ years after a WC and treat it like some sort of grand exhibition season. There is no expectation of excellence on the team until the final WC qualification round and the WC. Why can he not demand excellence in every game and competition from whomever he chooses to play? There is something really missing from the US program. Bradley may be a decent tactician (and I not entirely sure about that) but he is a piss poor leader. We have an assistant coach leading the team, and US Soccer seems fine with that for some irritating reason.

Bradley needs to go, and he needs to go sooner than later. I cannot stand to watch another Confederations Cup or Gold Cup total collapse under his tenure.
Old 06-26-11, 03:40 PM

Best Mexico side I think I've ever scene. No shame in losing to them although I hate that we did anyway.