Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling Thread: Capitol Punishment/ Slammiversary IX

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling Thread: Capitol Punishment/ Slammiversary IX

Old 06-07-11, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling Thread: Capitol Punishment/ Slammiversary IX

The injury to the Miz that I mentioned earlier has been debunked. As it turns out, there was no dark match at all after Raw so there was no injury. That's definitely some good news.
Old 06-07-11, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post
Name sounded familiar so I looked it up on imdb. Turns out he directed Sky High which I thought was great.
I liked Sky High too. The director and the story has me pretty curious for this one.
Old 06-07-11, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
Fine, with his lame wink wink "arn't I funny" jokes?
*shrug*, it is the same shtick he's been doing for years. But then again, he doesn't bother me as much as he does a lot of people. Anywho, not bad Raw, nice to see Zakk Ryder out there and Booker T actually looked pretty decent. I wouldn't mind a short feud for Booker like the one Lawler got with Miz.

BTW, on the Brodius Clay horror movie, if I was a betting man, I'd say it will be rated PG-13 (which is common for a lot of thriller scare movies). Remember however the Kane movie was rated R, so who knows.
Old 06-07-11, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lets see. Truth getting a main event slot in Washington DC, The Chocolate City. I suspect Cena will receive quite a few boos.

Something in me keeps thinking they're going to screw Truth and make this a Triple Threat match.
Old 06-07-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Booker looks like he could still be on the road today. I don't know how old he is but his body has held up extremely well and he still moves like his did in the WCW days.
Old 06-07-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Thought that Andy winning TE was pretty cool. He is going to need some serious help on the mike though he is way to nervous trying to talk. At least Luke was a natural on it.
Old 06-07-11, 09:43 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
The injury to the Miz that I mentioned earlier has been debunked. As it turns out, there was no dark match at all after Raw so there was no injury. That's definitely some good news.
This is correct I was there and Miz walked out on his own. Actually Cena did not even toss him from the ring.

Overall the show was great fun. Honestly live it wasn't as bad as it seemed on TV (believe it or not) maybe it was a placebo effect (i.e. I spent the money so I was jaded into thinking it was good LOL).

Truth is so over as the bad guy its not funny and Cena is over so big as face its even funnier. He does very little (in ring) anymore but the fans just eat it all up.

I have to tell you though if you have kids and they like wrestling you have to take them to a show. Watching the event with my son gave me a whole new perspective on things. Everything was big to him, everything was exciting, everything was amazing, everything was WOW! It actually made the show 200% better for me knowing how much fun he was having. It honestly could not have been better. Seats were perfect, crowd was hot (and actually I had no "language" issues around us), and everything was great. Definitely a moment I won't forget.

Highlight of the night was Evan Bourne's Air Bourne (aka Shooting Star Press). Honestly it is seriously more impressive in person than on TV. You just cannot appreciate how high he gets and graceful the move is on TV. Really, really, good.

It was also nice to get to See the TE stuff, Austin, McMahon, Hugh Morris, and Booker T. Andy really needs help on the mic though but you can tell they have things easily set up for Luke to feud with him etc. Its obvious Luke is already hired.

RAW Tickets - $150
Souvenirs - $100
Food - $10
Parking $6
Watching the live event with my son grinning from ear to ear in his Rey mask and Kofi shirt ... PRICELESS!

Greg
Old 06-07-11, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And because Punk is infinitely better than Mysterio.
Old 06-07-11, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Go to the 15:10 mark (NSFW)

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gKE67L97SA?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gKE67L97SA?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 06-07-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas View Post
Watch a DX match from the past couple of years. Every time HBK hits the superkick it's always to set up for a Pedigree. The wrestler simply acts dazed, and turns around to meet Triple H. If it were a singles match, he would have been knocked to the ground.
lol ... Remember when Michaels first became a singles wrestler and would hit the kick several times during a match and nobody made a big deal about it. That was back when his finisher was a Back Suplex.
Old 06-07-11, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas View Post
"Wecome to the WWE, you sonnnnnnnn of a bitch"

Austin still finds ways to crack me up.

It's amazing how much a heel turn can bring out the best out of somebody. As a face, R-Truth was as boring as watching paint dry. Since turning heel, he has been must see television every week.
I have the strange sense that they are just letting R-Truth be an exagerated version of himself a little more than the scripted crap he was doing before.
Old 06-07-11, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GCS View Post
This is correct I was there and Miz walked out on his own. Actually Cena did not even toss him from the ring.

Overall the show was great fun. Honestly live it wasn't as bad as it seemed on TV (believe it or not) maybe it was a placebo effect (i.e. I spent the money so I was jaded into thinking it was good LOL).

Truth is so over as the bad guy its not funny and Cena is over so big as face its even funnier. He does very little (in ring) anymore but the fans just eat it all up.

I have to tell you though if you have kids and they like wrestling you have to take them to a show. Watching the event with my son gave me a whole new perspective on things. Everything was big to him, everything was exciting, everything was amazing, everything was WOW! It actually made the show 200% better for me knowing how much fun he was having. It honestly could not have been better. Seats were perfect, crowd was hot (and actually I had no "language" issues around us), and everything was great. Definitely a moment I won't forget.

Highlight of the night was Evan Bourne's Air Bourne (aka Shooting Star Press). Honestly it is seriously more impressive in person than on TV. You just cannot appreciate how high he gets and graceful the move is on TV. Really, really, good.

It was also nice to get to See the TE stuff, Austin, McMahon, Hugh Morris, and Booker T. Andy really needs help on the mic though but you can tell they have things easily set up for Luke to feud with him etc. Its obvious Luke is already hired.

RAW Tickets - $150
Souvenirs - $100
Food - $10
Parking $6
Watching the live event with my son grinning from ear to ear in his Rey mask and Kofi shirt ... PRICELESS!

Greg
I'm glad to hear that you guys had a great time. I need to take my son to a show one of these days. I'm not sure how great his attention span would be, so I'm a bit hesitant.
Old 06-07-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Thought that Andy winning TE was pretty cool. He is going to need some serious help on the mike though he is way to nervous trying to talk. At least Luke was a natural on it.
I agree ... Andy on the mic is going to be a struggle. Though Miz was awful at first too, and look where he is now. I think what won it for Andy is that physically he fits in, as is (6'5"; 270 lbs). Though I'm sure Luke will get a developmental deal. Jeremiah too. Did you hear the crowd pop for him? I can see him being over big as a face, as a kind of Jamie Noble character (which seems like what he really is).
Old 06-07-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sigh (and i like Reby too) NSFW language
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTNN-lv9D_I?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTNN-lv9D_I?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 06-08-11, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, she's pretty hot. It's too bad to see her getting sucked into their idiocy.
Old 06-08-11, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by GCS View Post

RAW Tickets - $150
Souvenirs - $100
Food - $10
Parking $6

Greg
Your son sounds like a "Little Jimmy". R Truth has been gold.
Old 06-08-11, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Updated Slammiversary card...

World Title Match: Sting vs. Mr. Anderson
#1 Contender's Match (Kurt Angle's Olympic Medals On The Line): Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle
Tag Team Title Match: British Invasion vs. James Storm and Alex Shelley
Last Man Standing Match: Bully Ray vs. AJ Styles
Knockouts Title Match: Angelina Love vs. Mickie James
Crimson vs. Samoa Joe
Matt Morgan vs. Scott Steiner
Old 06-08-11, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wsox2009 View Post
Your son sounds like a "Little Jimmy". R Truth has been gold.
Your post is gold!!
Old 06-08-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Wrestling icon Hulk Hogan is launching a legal battle against a rival for spewing a series of blatant lies about the star.

James Hellwig, better known as The Ultimate Warrior, has been carrying on a bitter personal feud with Hogan for years, but he recently upset the Hulk by posting a short video, in which he verbally attacks the fighter, online.

In the rant he calls Hogan a "liar, a fraud and a phony" and a cocaine-abusing "dope head".

And Hellwig warns the footage, which was uploaded on Tuesday, is simply a snippet of an hour-long "full-blown uncensored shoot" against Hogan he plans to release on 17 June.

Hogan is furious and plans to take his rival to court over the allegations, insisting the comments are completely false.

He tells TMZ.com, "None of that ever happened. This guy is out of his mind."
Old 06-08-11, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Wrestling icon Hulk Hogan is launching a legal battle against a rival for spewing a series of blatant lies about the star.

James Hellwig, better known as The Ultimate Warrior, has been carrying on a bitter personal feud with Hogan for years, but he recently upset the Hulk by posting a short video, in which he verbally attacks the fighter, online.

In the rant he calls Hogan a "liar, a fraud and a phony" and a cocaine-abusing "dope head".

And Hellwig warns the footage, which was uploaded on Tuesday, is simply a snippet of an hour-long "full-blown uncensored shoot" against Hogan he plans to release on 17 June.

Hogan is furious and plans to take his rival to court over the allegations, insisting the comments are completely false.

He tells TMZ.com, "None of that ever happened. This guy is out of his mind."
LMAO at Hogan's quote to TMZ! Now who wants to take bets that Warrior is TNA bound?
Old 06-09-11, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's the video of Warrior bashing Hogan. The entire 55 minute video is supposed to be released later this month I think.

Old 06-09-11, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They should bring Warrior in as the new network guy.
Old 06-09-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 302 Likes on 233 Posts

Imagine if McMahon had just let Warrior be an R-Truth type crazy guy... he would've been even more over!
Old 06-09-11, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post

Sounds like well-thought out statements from a well respected veteran of the wrestling profession.
Old 06-09-11, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
Updated Slammiversary card...

World Title Match: Sting vs. Mr. Anderson
#1 Contender's Match (Kurt Angle's Olympic Medals On The Line): Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle
Tag Team Title Match: British Invasion vs. James Storm and Alex Shelley
Last Man Standing Match: Bully Ray vs. AJ Styles
Knockouts Title Match: Angelina Love vs. Mickie James
Crimson vs. Samoa Joe
Matt Morgan vs. Scott Steiner
I've been holding off for an IMPACT PPV, and I think I may pull the trigger on this one.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.