WWE/TNA/ROH May Wrestling Thread: Extreme Rules/ Sacrifice

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH May Wrestling Thread: Extreme Rules/ Sacrifice

Old 05-12-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH May Wrestling Thread: Extreme Rules/ Sacrifice

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
Chyna looked like she could barely move around. Plus those tits are gross
She has the body type of a cartoon charicature now.
Old 05-12-11, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
Yesterday I read a comment right from Hogan stating that he wanted the TNA name dropped because every meeting he had, with other companies, resulted in them thinking TNA wrestling was tits and ass wrestling. Hogan was sick of wasting 15-20 minutes explaining it wasn't so he pushed for the name change.
I'd have to agree with him on that. I've always thought it was a stupid name.
Old 05-13-11, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

MVP gives a great interview in the latest 2 eps of I Want Wrestling. I was never that big of a fan of his (mainly because he was a Smackdown guy when I didn't watch the show), but I have a whole new appreciation of the guy.
Old 05-13-11, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Chyna looked like she could barely move around. Plus those tits are gross
Yeah, her boobs were large...even for me But that aside, I hope the best for her while in TNA, I mean Impact wrestling. She was a wrestling tragedy waiting to happen, and honestly I hope she's turned a corner. I don't expect anything special, but a good 6 month stay (or longer)would do her a world of good.
Old 05-13-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kedrix, I concur. I hope this is the thing she needs to keep her going down the straight and narrow.
Old 05-13-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Yeah, her boobs were large...even for me But that aside, I hope the best for her while in TNA, I mean Impact wrestling. She was a wrestling tragedy waiting to happen, and honestly I hope she's turned a corner. I don't expect anything special, but a good 6 month stay (or longer)would do her a world of good.

I think what happened was that she lost most of her freakish muscle mass, which was natural, but not her breast weight because they were, uhmm...not natural! It's kind of sad because in all honesty, with her body not all muscled out and her face looking somewhat normal for a woman, she would be quite attractive were it not for their freakish size.
Old 05-13-11, 04:58 PM

While I wasn't blown away by the returning (again) Mick Foley and Chyna, it wasn't a bad episode of IMPACT Wrestling. I don't know where they are going with the Tommy Dreamer stuff, but it always good to see him involved in a major angle. Also, I dug the Beer Money/Hardy stuff. And who knew we'd see the return of Braden Walker ... I mean, Chris Harris! That came out of nowhere, but it actually made sense.

The 25-man battle royal was pretty cool too ... Eric Young cracked me up a lot, and I loved how Matt Morgan pulled a "Hulk Hogan" and eliminated Scott Steiner by "shaking his hand" ... lol.

It's about time Mr. Anderson got his long-awaited title shot! He sure has come a long way from his WWE days, both in the ring and on the stick.
Old 05-13-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas View Post

It's about time Mr. Anderson got his long-awaited title shot! He sure has come a long way from his WWE days, both in the ring and on the stick.
Yeah, he hasn't been injured in quite a while now...
Old 05-13-11, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The opening of SD made no sense. Shouldn't those guys want a match with Orton now instead of Christian?

They finally got a good tv match out of Sin Cara. Who would've figured that a good worker would get a good match from him?
Old 05-13-11, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post
MVP gives a great interview in the latest 2 eps of I Want Wrestling. I was never that big of a fan of his (mainly because he was a Smackdown guy when I didn't watch the show), but I have a whole new appreciation of the guy.
I agree 100%. Definitely a great interview. I also loved the last couple Art of Wrestling podcasts with Colt Cabana (Willie Mack was the guest last week and Steve Corino was this week's guest).
Old 05-13-11, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They finally got a good tv match out of Sin Cara.
It probably helps to be on a show that can be edited prior to airing.
Old 05-15-11, 08:53 PM

Yikes ... I guess no one is watching the TNA ppv tonight!
Old 05-15-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wonder if Chyna is gonna give Kurt a little love tonight. :-*
Old 05-15-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm back on the Del Rio train! He's shining on Raw and as long as they don't set up another Mysterio/ADR feud he's gonna keep things fresh on Raw. R-Truth is just running with his heel turn. I'd love to see a R-Truth/Mysterio feud and when Morrison comes back he can continue the feud with him.

The Miz needs the title back but I don't think they'll give it back to him. They're gonna let Cena hold onto the WWE Championship all the way until WrestleMania.

I'm loving the Christian/Orton feud. It's something different. I wish it was Christian holding onto the title, though.

I think Cody Rhodes would have a good feud with his former Legacy partner but they've completely buried DiBiase.
Old 05-15-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nateman View Post
I'm back on the Del Rio train! He's shining on Raw and as long as they don't set up another Mysterio/ADR feud he's gonna keep things fresh on Raw. R-Truth is just running with his heel turn. I'd love to see a R-Truth/Mysterio feud and when Morrison comes back he can continue the feud with him.

I'm loving the Christian/Orton feud. It's something different. I wish it was Christian holding onto the title, though.

I think Cody Rhodes would have a good feud with his former Legacy partner but they've completely buried DiBiase.
I'm curious as to how Christian will turn heel to be honest. It's funny with the last month or so WWE has done a really good job developing their heels with R-Truth, Cody Rhodes, Del Rio, and probably Christian.

If only they'd get rid of Lawler/Cole feud and let someone else other than John Cena hold the title.

I kinda dug the Sin Cara/Bryan Danielson match and am interested in the Sin Cara/Chavo feud. Chavo plays a really good heel. Is there any way to get Vicki Guerrero involved in the fued as well?
Old 05-15-11, 11:05 PM

Maybe she could eat Chavo and become him??? Reference Jason Goes to Hell
Old 05-16-11, 08:05 AM

Old 05-16-11, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas View Post
Yikes ... I guess no one is watching the TNA ppv tonight!
I wouldn't even have known there was one if not for your post. Then I looked at the lineup. Then I looked at the results. Chris Harris, Tommy Dreamer, and Chyna in three of your last four matches on the card, with two of those going over.

And is Christian turning heel? I thought Orton was back to being a heel...
Old 05-16-11, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

and here i thought Rhodes would suck.... he is turning out better than the million dollar mans son...
Old 05-16-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
and here i thought Rhodes would suck.... he is turning out better than the million dollar mans son...
True, but at least they gave Cody something to do and a top star (Rey) to work a program with.

Dibiase has been buried since getting slapped by Mayrse, and then showing up with her at ringside after that. Talk about puzzling.
Old 05-16-11, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone know what happened at the TNA/Impact/whatever PPV last night? Anyone care?
Old 05-16-11, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Hall Of Famer, Bret Hart, posted on his twitter account @BretHart

"I honestly can't believe that the best way 2 utilize a talent like Drew McIntyre is 2 waste him on Superstars. Who's genius is that? Idiot!"
Old 05-16-11, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hogan is blaming SpikeTV for TNA...errrr Impact Wresting's Problems

A lot of it [TNA's problems] has to do with awareness and the fact that we can get to the people. If I go into my hotel room in Chicago there are certain cable networks that are on like USA Network - there is no Spike TV. I mean a lot of it depends on who you can get to and who you can reach there is a lot more than 'the fans aren't buying it' there is more to the equation and that's a very shallow statement and that's not a fact. The people that see it are buying it, there just aren't enough people seeing it. That's what it is - it's creating awareness, a marketing plan we have to work with Spike TV and boost them up the ladder. I don't know how many cable networks there are in the States if it's 25 or 35 but in the paper it shows you who the top ten are so if we can get Spike up to that number one position the whole equation would change on how many people are buying it and change the equation and someone wouldn't say 'no one is buying it' well the people that are seeing it are buying it so it's creating that awareness to make people more aware that the product is there and that they can get it and when they walk into a hotel in Brantford that Spike is available.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...n-movie-129939
Old 05-16-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hahahaha... ok, the Impact Wrestling talk has come to a halt in this thread, how many stopped watching or caring because they no longer have Spike? Geez.
Old 05-16-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

More like none of the other cable companies want TnA, er IMPACT, wrestling on their station. Shooting Spike like that is kinda disrepectful when your own product is in the toilet. The whole thing, starting with the name change to that statement smells like some bad news is coming for the company soon.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.