Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 03-01-11, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

March sees the WWE take a month off from the pay-per-view scene to fully build the upcoming Wrestlemania 27. This is the time of year to expect surprise returns and obscene amounts of hype, including promos and staring into space at the Wrestlemania logo hanging in arenas.
-----------------------------------------

TNA returns to PPV with Victory Road 2011 on Sunday March 13th. As of right now, no matches have been officially announced yet but with less than two weeks to go, expect the card to take shape soon.
Old 03-01-11, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
WWE announces its latest inductee into the Hall of Fame, Class of 2011: Armstrong Family patriarch Bullet Bob Armstrong.
I know he wasn't a big household name, but it's disappointing that his promo video wasn't aired on Raw.
Old 03-01-11, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Abdullah the Butcher confirmed on Monday's episode of Right After Wrestling that he will be inducted into this year's WWE Hall of Fame class.
Old 03-01-11, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
His promo felt pre-taped and canned like he was reading from a tele prompter. Certainly not electrifying and genuine like 2 weeks ago. I even grew bored with THe Rock. I think it's another slap in the face to come out and claim that you are never going away, yet already doing satelliate shit for the fans.
I can certainly see preferring The Rock's live promo, because it was really fresh and had the "electricity" of the crowd and all of that. However, I find it amazing that you could have found anything about last night's Rock promo even remotely boring. And to say he didn't come across as genuine? I couldn't disagree more. But to each their own. I'm totally not looking at Rock's "never going away" thing literally, especially since I (like I think most people in this thread) follow the industry and know better.

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose View Post
He'll be eliminated 2nd, right after Psycho Mike.

Who needs months of matches and special stipulations to get revenge on the guy who put you on the injured list? Just give him a kick and a pedigree and move on!
Yeah, that was weird. Even if they don't want that to be a Mania match, why not save Shaemus for the summer? Maybe Trips isn't going to stick around for long.

Why does the audience laugh when Cena goes on and on about Miz and Riley being a gay couple? Is being called a homosexual still supposed to be an insult?
I can't say I'm surprised wrestling fans laugh at gay jokes, but I think it's ridiculous that Cena always works that stuff into his promos. That shit is so lame and irresponsible. Sure you can say "stop being the PC police", but all he's doing is teaching kids that it's ok to pick on people for that stuff. It would be so easy to cut that stuff out of his promos, and would probably result in better promos, since when he goes there he comes off really juvenile.
Old 03-01-11, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really cant believe how the WWE is completely trying to bury Sheamus. They built him up he became a real bad ass and a legit heel and a top contender. Dunn decided he didnt like him so they turned him into the new Chavo? ridiculous
Old 03-01-11, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

His burial is puzzling.
Old 03-01-11, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you thought Triple H buried the entire locker room during his promo on Raw last night, you weren't alone. A number of Raw talents all looked at each other in disbelief when Triple H made the comment that there were no challenges left for himself and Undertaker. One Raw talent yelled out to one locker room that Triple H just "called us all jobbers" and was furious. A few wrestlers defended HHH to me, feeling that he had to hard sell the Wrestlemania match but we've heard a lot of wrestlers were upset about the comment. The promo was something Triple H came up with, not something fed to him by creative.
uh oh
Old 03-01-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great, now i have to watch Dancing with the Stars so i can see Y2J? hopefully he does better than he did on Celebrity Duets
Old 03-01-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
uh oh
Where did you get that quote/who posted it? I am not that excited about the match, but FWIW, I didn't get the impression that he was calling everyone in the back a jobber. I was more or less under the impression that he was announcing his retirement by wrestling Taker and losing at Mania, though not that blunt.
Those guys in WWE must be really paranoid or immature, or a mixture of both.
Old 03-01-11, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim View Post
His burial is puzzling.
To me his push was even more puzzling. Horrible look, bad on the mic, I just never got it.
Old 03-01-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
uh oh
Yeah, when he made the remark, I was kind of stunned and thought how egotistical it sounded. And I'd watch the Rock promo if he was in a gas station bathroom over Cena's ridiculous Dr. Report crap about the Miz anytime. Even in thuganomic mode, Cena raps like a 3rd grade stutterer.
Old 03-01-11, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Where did you get that quote/who posted it? I am not that excited about the match, but FWIW, I didn't get the impression that he was calling everyone in the back a jobber. I was more or less under the impression that he was announcing his retirement by wrestling Taker and losing at Mania, though not that blunt.
I didn't read into the speech that badly either. He was talking about his career goals, and how he won the title 13 times. The challenge of going for #14 doesn't excite him as much as doing something no one has ever done - beat Taker at Wrestlemania. Not that it was running down the locker room, as much as it was emphasizing the unique challenge of facing Taker.

I don't doubt that some people took it the wrong way, though. It must be hard not to be paranoid when many people probably are out to get you.
Old 03-01-11, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
cant say but reputable wrestling insider...

i dont think he made the remark intentionally... he was just trying to sell his match... plus f it... none of the other wrestlers try to stand out
Old 03-01-11, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If someone is honestly dumb enough to speak up behind the scenes about HHH they won't be around long.

BTW, the tone I got from the comment was that win or not, HHH doesnt plan on sticking around in-ring for much longer which was reported a few weeks ago. We could be looking at the WWE losing HHH, Rey Mysterio, UT and Edge within the next year or so! Good luck to them!
Old 03-01-11, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rey Mysterio said the other day that he wasnt retiring anytime soon.
Old 03-01-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
He's only 36, I could see him going another ten years.
Old 03-01-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Yeah, when he made the remark, I was kind of stunned and thought how egotistical it sounded. And I'd watch the Rock promo if he was in a gas station bathroom over Cena's ridiculous Dr. Report crap about the Miz anytime. Even in thuganomic mode, Cena raps like a 3rd grade stutterer.
Agreed 100%. I think the way he buried the locker room was much worse than the Sheamus shenannigans. I'm guessing he'll be out til after Mania selling an injury from the pedigree. When he does come back, each will have injured the other and the feud will be good to go. I'm not nuts about HHH/Taker, but at least they addressed the Sheamus/HHH feud. If Sheamus is back next week, I'd be really surprised.
Old 03-01-11, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Yea, but he didn't mention staying put did he? I said he might leave, not retire.
Old 03-01-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim View Post
His burial is puzzling.
I agree. However, WWE seems to do things like this a lot lately. Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, even Punk not that long ago have been elevated and then pushed right back down the card. If Sheamus hangs in there, I'm sure he'll rise back up given time.
Old 03-01-11, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Quack View Post
He's only 36, I could see him going another ten years.
Dear god, no!

If Sheamus is indeed re-pushed, is this the best way to build guys? Just put them on a rollercoaster? When we want you to be a monster/huge, we'll push you accordingly, but when you piss off the wrong person/don't kiss the right ass, we'll embarrass/de-push you ASAP? Just doesn't make much sense to me, not that much they does makes sense lately.
Old 03-01-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally View Post
Dear god, no!

If Sheamus is indeed re-pushed, is this the best way to build guys? Just put them on a rollercoaster? When we want you to be a monster/huge, we'll push you accordingly, but when you piss off the wrong person/don't kiss the right ass, we'll embarrass/de-push you ASAP? Just doesn't make much sense to me, not that much they does makes sense lately.
It's ridiculous, but it seems almost as if its their way of showing the superstars exactly who controls their fate.
Old 03-01-11, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jerry Lawler is currently dating 21-year old FCW Diva Su Yung. She goes by the name 'Sonia' in FCW. Lawler is 61 years old so there is a difference of 40 years in age between the two.
Lawler never surprises me! Always had a thing for the young ones ...
Old 03-01-11, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Enjoy your Fruity Pebbles, you Yabba-Dabba-Bitch!" is a phrase I have to use at least once in my lifetime.

Old 03-01-11, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
I agree. However, WWE seems to do things like this a lot lately. Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, even Punk not that long ago have been elevated and then pushed right back down the card. If Sheamus hangs in there, I'm sure he'll rise back up given time.
Yeah, this seems to be a common thing. It is so weird, and seemingly counter productive, but what do I know.

I'm 29, going on 30, and I would feel a little weird dating a 21 year old. But Jerry, do your thing PIMP!
Old 03-01-11, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
"Enjoy your Fruity Pebbles, you Yabba-Dabba-Bitch!" is a phrase I have to use at least once in my lifetime.

The Rock completely owned Cena in that promo. love the insult on Cena's rapping career. "The Rock ain't no rapper and clearly neither are you."

The Rock and Triple H showing what the WWE used to be. I really miss the Attitude Era. The Miz is the only guy that's keeping new WWE going. I can't wait until next week when Stone Cold comes back.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.