Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

Old 03-13-11, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

According to PWInsider.com, numerous TNA sources indicate that the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight Title at tonight’s Victory Road PPV lasted only 1 minute and 28 seconds because of backstage concern over Jeff Hardy. Other speculation is that Sting wouldn’t agree to wrestling a long match with Hardy if he was in bad condition. More details on what happened tonight should be coming out soon.

After the show event, fans in the Impact Zone chanted "Bulls***" while security walked Jeff Hardy to the back.

Jeff Hardy’s court date on drug charges is next Monday, March 21st.
Old 03-13-11, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, viewers got to see several segments featuring JJ & Karen's honeymoon
Old 03-13-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I wonder if Sting just wishes he did sign with the WWE to save himself from what happened tonight. Not only that train wreck that was Hardy, but the announcers pretty much called Sting an old man during his entrance.
Old 03-14-11, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BravesMG View Post
So there was a minute long main event, a non-finish in the contenders match, and a first blood match that ended in ketchup.
I won't watch TNA until Russo is gone, but JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST, if I am furious just reading that bullshit, imagine how angry the fans who paid money for it are feeling.
Old 03-14-11, 12:02 AM

Quick question about the Stinger ... all the reports about Sting returning to TNA mention how he did so because he's comfortable there and working with talent that can carry him through matches. I had never heard anything about someone needing to carry Sting through a match until very recently. One report even mentioned how Sting forgets spots during matches. Does anyone know anything about this?

IMHO, Sting was never an in-ring technician like Bret Hart or Chris Benoit, but he could certainly carry his own with just about anyone.
Old 03-14-11, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas View Post
Quick question about the Stinger ... all the reports about Sting returning to TNA mention how he did so because he's comfortable there and working with talent that can carry him through matches. I had never heard anything about someone needing to carry Sting through a match until very recently. One report even mentioned how Sting forgets spots during matches. Does anyone know anything about this?

IMHO, Sting was never an in-ring technician like Bret Hart or Chris Benoit, but he could certainly carry his own with just about anyone.
I don't have any inside info, but the guy is 52 years old. His body has to be in pretty bad shape by now and I'd imagine he's pretty limited as to what he can do.
Old 03-14-11, 01:42 AM

Received 372 Likes on 269 Posts

Watching the replay, am I the only one thinking that Hardy was doing a usual 2-count kickout and Sting held him down? It's at 9:40 in the clip:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lckr9OLR2Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-14-11, 02:13 AM

Unless TNA is going out of its way to bury Jeff Hardy before his court date, that ending to the ppv main event made no sense at all. Also, was Sting saying "I agree, I agree" to the fans' chants of "Bulls***!" at the end of the match??? Sting didn't look too happy at the end of the match.
Old 03-14-11, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Can someone explain to me why Hardy took so long to throw out the t shirt? I think the video does support the claim that Hardy wasn't in proper shape to wrestle.
Old 03-14-11, 02:33 AM

Received 372 Likes on 269 Posts

The more I watch it, the more it looks like Hardy had no idea the match would end that way. He looks confused and then really pissed.
Old 03-14-11, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts

I don't know which option is worse:

1) This is the start of another completely tasteless Vince Russo "shoot" angle, exploiting a wrestler's real-life personal problems, or

2) Jeff Hardy really came to the ring (for the main event of a PPV no less) drugged out, and Sting had no choice but to wrap up things quickly
Old 03-14-11, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Watching the replay, am I the only one thinking that Hardy was doing a usual 2-count kickout and Sting held him down? It's at 9:40 in the clip:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lckr9OLR2Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Wow. Yea it looked like Hardy was waiting to be attacked from behind when he was going to throw the shirt and it looked like Sting was holding him down. TNA is really doing everything they can to run themselves out of business.

Originally Posted by wsox2009 View Post
This
Old 03-14-11, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wow... didnt have to read the results because i knew it would be bad... just didnt think it would be a train wreck...

i have to laugh at TNA and Dixie.. she is completely clueless and now a hack...
Old 03-14-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dixie might have single handedly destroyed her own creation... oh and i bet she gives a PPV match for free this week...

I hope WWE just buys them out and fires Bischoff and Russo and hopefully they can stay away from wrestling forever because they are so bad for the business
Old 03-14-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
TNA champion Sting vs. Jeff Hardy

They had Jeremy Borash with the big time ring introductions.

Eric Bischoff came to the ring and said there was a slight change of plans. He said they had a situation on March 3rd when the network got involved in their business. He said that since Hardy was taken advantage of in a blatant way, he wants Sting to know that he’s going to be fair. He offered his hand to Sting and asked him to shake it. Sting refused. Bischoff told him to have it his way and said that to make it a level playing field, he and Hulk Hogan got together and made it a No DQ match. He said that since Hardy couldn’t prepare for Sting, they allowed Hardy to know so Sting couldn’t prepare. Sting shoved Bischoff down.

Hardy is wasting time trying to tease throwing a shirt out to mess with the crowd. Sting gets tired and goes after him. Sting unloads early with several punches, then hits Hardy with a Scorpion Death Drop, scoring the pin. Yep.

Your winner and still TNA champion, Sting!

Hardy immediately jumps up and is pissed, kicking at the ropes.

That was it. Seriously. I know Jeff Hardy has a court date coming up this week, so everyone can start to wonder about whether that has any bearing here but no way in hell could you consider this a worthy PPV main event.

Mike Tenay and Taz went through footage of every match on the show to close the PPV. You could hear the Impact Zone chanting “bullsh**” live in the building and booing.

i mean holy crap... i didnt think it was that bad...
Old 03-14-11, 09:32 AM
Banned

Man, Jeff Hardy looks horrible and is drugged out and his face paint is horrible, it is a shame to see him go out this way since I am a big fan of Jeff, on the other hand, Sting does not age one bit at 51 years old (Will be 52 years old on Sunday), he still looks great!
Old 03-14-11, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

MORE ON WHAT HAPPENED WITH JEFF HARDY AT VICTORY ROAD AND THE REACTION FROM PEOPLE BACKSTAGE IN TNA TO IT
by Dave Scherer @ 9:56 AM on 3/14/2011

To follow up what Mike Johnson posted in the Elite section last night, numerous TNA sources have told me that Jeff Hardy was in no condition to wrestle in his match against Sting on last night's show, and that is why the main event went less than 90 seconds.
Sting, as usual, was a complete professional and had nothing to do with why the match was so short.

In talking to people within TNA, they are angry and upset that Hardy was even sent out to the ring at all when it was clear to anyone who saw him that he should not have been. Given that the card was only announced a few days before the show, everyone I spoke with about this felt that the prudent move would have been to reshuffle the card and not embarrass the company but putting on the main event that they did. The feeling is that it makes the company look bad and it's situation that is representative of greater problems that plague the company.

To say that people in TNA are very frustrated right now would be more than fair.
and so it begins!!!
Old 03-14-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jeff seriously needs to get some help, and fast.
Old 03-14-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ouch

JOEY STYLES HITS TNA WITH A HARD SHOT
by Mike Johnson @ 12:00 PM on 3/14/2011

On his Twitter account, Joey Styles wrote this morning:
"Last night, I was watching a 15 year old match of Jeff Hardy as enhancement talent on wweclassics.com. That was wweclassics.com, wasn't it?"

"No hateful replies to my Jeff Hardy tweet this morning. I guess I reconciled with all of you TNA fans and we agree on last night's debacle."

Ouch.
Old 03-14-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

MORE ON JEFF HARDY'S TNA FUTURE, WHERE MATT HARDY STANDS, FORMER WWE STAR RIPS ON JEFF (BUT NOT FOR THE REASON YOU THINK)
by Mike Johnson @ 1:07 PM on 3/14/2011

Obviously, the big story coming out of the TNA PPV was Jeff Hardy and his condition last night. Unlike the last time there was a question about Hardy's condition, no one within the company has even attempted to defend Hardy. A number of people within different aspects of the company were really frustrated and angry about the situation, from the decision to allow Jeff to go out in front of the crowd when there were obvious issues, right down to his stumbling on the ramp and nearly tripping over the ring steps. Others were shaking their head in amazement that the company didn't just book something else on the fly to "make it up" to the audience.
I am told that while Hardy's been sent home from this week's TV shows, which will build to the Lockdown PPV, no further decision has been made in regard to his future. I believe Hardy would have been booked for the Lethal Lockdown match on that show.

Hardy tweeted last night that "things are op." Whatever that means, although I'm guessing it's a typo and I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to typos!

Jeff's next court date with in Moore County in North Carolina is scheduled to be 3/21.

Matt Hardy is still scheduled for the Impact tapings this week. Hardy hasn't made any comment on the situation with his brother (and who can blame him?), instead bragging about his match against AJ Styles stealing the show last night. It was a good match, as I wrote last night.

Sean "Val Venis" Morley decided to weight in on the Hardy situation. He opted not to comment on Hardy's condition, saying he didn't know the truth behind the stories as he recorded his video blog but had pointed words for Hardy popping up so fast and not selling Sting's finisher, which was something a lot of TNA wrestlers complained to me about this morning as well
and thats why WWE is WWE and TNA is wweclassics.

its disgusting and incredible how this company with sooooo much potential has fallen so far below. Yes their ratings are ok still but this hurts their growth... the growth that they have been longing for for years... Dixie has made some stupid decisions but i believe the WWE knew something was up with Hardy when they let him go...
Old 03-14-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 90 Posts

It's one thing for TNA to put on a PPV that is labeled "worst of the year", but when that label is generated EVERY TIME one occurs, something is obviously amiss!!

I don't want TNA to get bought by WWE, as they do have talents I enjoy seeing (Morgan, Styles, RVD) and don't want them buried. However, reading what I have this thing is getting beyond pathetic. It's like a horse that needs to be shot but no one has the guts to do it yet. They put Karen and Jeff's honeymoon on a PPV? Are you effing kidding me? That's on par with the time they had Dawn Marie molest Torrie Wilson in a hotel room on a WWE PPV in 2002.

Why Dixie doesn't wake up is beyond me, unless she does plan to pull the plug soon and that is why she suddenly had herself written out of the stories.
Old 03-14-11, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
It's one thing for TNA to put on a PPV that is labeled "worst of the year", but when that label is generated EVERY TIME one occurs, something is obviously amiss!!

I don't want TNA to get bought by WWE, as they do have talents I enjoy seeing (Morgan, Styles, RVD) and don't want them buried. However, reading what I have this thing is getting beyond pathetic. It's like a horse that needs to be shot but no one has the guts to do it yet. They put Karen and Jeff's honeymoon on a PPV? Are you effing kidding me? That's on par with the time they had Dawn Marie molest Torrie Wilson in a hotel room on a WWE PPV in 2002.

Why Dixie doesn't wake up is beyond me, unless she does plan to pull the plug soon and that is why she suddenly had herself written out of the stories.
they need a vince mcmahon and they dont have that... Dixie doesnt know shit about wrestling.. they have tons of writers and thinkers..but no 1 central figure..
Old 03-14-11, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Everything's op!
Old 03-14-11, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,166 Likes on 906 Posts

You'd think, given how they seem to do it all the time, that they would just hotshot an angle so at least there's a decent main event. They had to have known Hardy's condition earlier in the show, and depending on his state, he was not only a danger to Sting but also a danger to himself. What if he chose, in the ring, not to lose clean?

Heck, I have no idea what Joe did on the show, but have him come out there and put on a match with Sting.

The other option is that they're trying to recreate the Montreal Screwjob, which may be even worse.
Old 03-14-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts

Take a look at this crap. I'm about through with wrestling.

Spoiler:

Drew Carey is the latest member of the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame.

WWE is proud to announce the newest member of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame — comedian and game show host Drew Carey. The WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony presented by THQ’s "WWE All Stars" will take place at the Phillips Arena on Saturday, April 2 and the one-hour TV special will air Monday, April 4 at 8/7c on USA Network.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.