WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

Old 03-15-11, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: WWE/TNA/ROH March Wrestling Thread: Road to Wrestlemania/ Victory Road

Spoiler:
Impact opened with TNA champion Sting in the ring holding the old TNA title and Jeff Hardy version. Sting said that before Hulk Hogan tries to overtake the show, he wants them to get out here and face him. Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out. Sting tosses them the Hardy belt and says this is theirs and they can take the garbage. Sting says that Hogan took one of the brightest stars in wrestling, Jeff Hardy, and ruined him with his influence. They acted like Hardy was done as Sting said he can't do anything to help Jeff anymore but he can help TNA. Hogan said that Sting tries to blame everyone else but he's the guy who disappears and shows up when he wants. Hogan said that the only person at fault is Hardy, who couldn't run with Immortal and stand in the shadow of the Hulkster. Hogan said that Hardy couldn't hang but everyone else can so Sting needs to worry about himself. Hogan said stars from all over the world want to join his Tsunami taking over wrestling.

Note from Mike: whoever scripted this should be fired. If Hogan improvised that line, HE SHOULD BE FIRED. Absolutely disgusting. There's no heel heat to be gained from this, just a line that's in bad taste that takes anyone watching completely out of their entertainment zone to remind them of how terrible things are in Japan. Absolutely asinine.

Loss for words... hogan or tna ... really?
Old 03-15-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MigusMaximus View Post
Beginning of RAW and Rock's Intro-overproduced piece of GARBAGE.....make it a triple threat or go away, Rock. Im sorry....The Gameplan was not Oscar worthy, and I dare you to put Mark Henry on your back and slam him.....how many times do I have to tell you.....You.....are....WRONG!
So angry.

I did think the music swelling as Rocky addressed Miz was weird though.
Old 03-15-11, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

If nothing else, they did a good job of cementing Miz as a major threat last night. Of course what I found amusing was the fact that a lot of the audience was cheering while he beat the hell out of Cena. The guy has charisma and actually reminds me a bit of Rock when he was a heel that was so over he inadvertently became a face. If Rock comes to Mania to pass a torch, it should be to Miz, not Cena.
Old 03-15-11, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't disagree. I don't think Cena needs anyone to pass him the torch, because he's carrying it. Miz, if anyone, is getting a nice rub from this pairing. I'm surprised Rock hasn't called Miz on idolizing him, cause his whole The Miz schitck started as a copy of The Rock. He has of course grown into his own unique act now. Maybe they think Cena can take the shots, where Miz is a bit more volatile?

Also, Cole was AMAZING last night. I hope he's revealed to be the GM, and goes full fledge working heel. He's so good. Damn the haters.
Old 03-15-11, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
Spoiler:
Impact opened with TNA champion Sting in the ring holding the old TNA title and Jeff Hardy version. Sting said that before Hulk Hogan tries to overtake the show, he wants them to get out here and face him. Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out. Sting tosses them the Hardy belt and says this is theirs and they can take the garbage. Sting says that Hogan took one of the brightest stars in wrestling, Jeff Hardy, and ruined him with his influence. They acted like Hardy was done as Sting said he can't do anything to help Jeff anymore but he can help TNA. Hogan said that Sting tries to blame everyone else but he's the guy who disappears and shows up when he wants. Hogan said that the only person at fault is Hardy, who couldn't run with Immortal and stand in the shadow of the Hulkster. Hogan said that Hardy couldn't hang but everyone else can so Sting needs to worry about himself. Hogan said stars from all over the world want to join his Tsunami taking over wrestling.

Note from Mike: whoever scripted this should be fired. If Hogan improvised that line, HE SHOULD BE FIRED. Absolutely disgusting. There's no heel heat to be gained from this, just a line that's in bad taste that takes anyone watching completely out of their entertainment zone to remind them of how terrible things are in Japan. Absolutely asinine.

Loss for words... hogan or tna ... really?
Hogan tweeted an apology:

Spoiler:
The tsunami of wrestling wasn't cool,it will never air,it's already cut out,but when your cuttin promos old school and not following a Script like the other robots will no skills, sometimes you make mistakes.I'm sorry,I was on a roll and made a mistake.nothing but love and Total respect for Japan,but you guys already know that.I totally apologize.keepin it real HH4Life.Much respect,love for Japan HH

If he realized the mistake right away, and makes sure it never airs, it's not a big deal to me.
Old 03-15-11, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yes i saw that.... but good god... what is going on over there...
Old 03-15-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good that Hogan is retracting the statement and getting it eliminated. However, I think "getting carried away with a promo" is a bad excuse.
Old 03-15-11, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Following up from a story that ran yesterday, a number of people sent word that RandyOrton wrote the following on his twitter account @randyorton: "@ShaneHelmsCom arrested, cited, tomato, tomata".
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Good that Hogan is retracting the statement and getting it eliminated. However, I think "getting carried away with a promo" is a bad excuse.
To be fair, that kind of line (comparing his wrestling force to a natural disaster) has been part of his schtick for decades. He's probably even used the tsunami comparison before. The disaster in Japan is probably on everyone's mind now (even if subconsious). When ad-libbing a promo, it's an understandable mistake.
Old 03-15-11, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Daffney has filed a workers comp claim against TNA after being released by them. She was injured when Abyss threw her over the top rope and into the barbed wire table last year.
Old 03-15-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- The following WWE releases were added to Netflix's streaming service today:

* WWE's Top 50 Superstars
* Bobby Heenan
* The John Cena Experience
* The Rise and Fall of WCW
* Breaking the Code: Chris Jericho
* Ricky Steamboat
* Hart and Soul - The Hart Family Anthology

Time to fire up Netflix. I was just about to finally buy the WCW DVD too.
Old 03-15-11, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Definitely going to check out the Bobby Heenan one.

EDIT: I hope Daffney wins. Despite not having much ring time, she got an enormous crowd reaction when she recently appeared, and she was supposed to be a heel. This seems more of a case where they didn't want someone they didn't groom for a superstar position getting all the attention.
Old 03-15-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
To be fair, that kind of line (comparing his wrestling force to a natural disaster) has been part of his schtick for decades. He's probably even used the tsunami comparison before. The disaster in Japan is probably on everyone's mind now (even if subconsious). When ad-libbing a promo, it's an understandable mistake.
I just hope he doesn't get carried away again and start talking about the whole world of wrestling will "start shaking to its very foundations" and that his power "irradiates all in its presence with the glow of Hulkamania."
Old 03-15-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 149 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
Daffney has filed a workers comp claim against TNA after being released by them. She was injured when Abyss threw her over the top rope and into the barbed wire table last year.
Actually I think she was hurt when she wrestled that fat rookie woman Rosie Lottalove or something.
Old 03-15-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Word is JR will be calling some of the matches @ Mania. I suppose they'll need someone with Mathews to call the RAW portion of the card. More incentive to order IMO
Old 03-15-11, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan View Post

* Bobby Heenan
* Ricky Steamboat

They also have The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1

EDIT: and I try to watch on my tv via PS3 and its broken (Netflix Streaming ... not my PS3)
Old 03-15-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
They also have The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1

EDIT: and I try to watch on my tv via PS3 and its broken (Netflix Streaming ... not my PS3)
I was wondering if it was just my Netflix on PS3 that wasn't working, although I think Sony was having problems as I couldn't even connect to the PS Store.

Had to download Chrome to watch WCW on my laptop.
Old 03-15-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

* Bobby Heenan
* Ricky Steamboat

I had some time, so I watched a bunch of these today. Rise and Fall of WCW is a bit of revisionist history, but I could watch that once a year and be entertained. The Cena Experience was pretty much a waste of time, save for the segment about Mania. It does show Cena to be a good guy though, but it's just very fluffy. Breaking the Code was pretty awesome. The only bad thing was they didn't have more wrestlers talking about Chris.

The True Story or Wrestlemania was a real dissapointment. It starts off great with the first few Manias, but then it just starts to jump around and gloss over the later shows.
Old 03-16-11, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TNA Wrestling issued the following statement regarding Sunday's Victory Road pay-per-view event:

AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO TNA WRESTLING FANS REGARDING SUNDAY'S VICTORY ROAD PAY-PER-VIEW

TNA Wrestling strives to give fans who purchase our pay-per-views as close to a full three-hour event as possible. This past Sunday’s "TNA Victory Road" fell short of that standard. Your support of TNA is never taken for granted. To show you how we value that support, we would like to offer six months of free access to the TNAondemand.com library.

To receive your free offer, please send us a copy of your Victory Road pay-per-view purchase receipt to :

TNA OnDemand Offer
209 10th Avenue South, #302
Nashville, TN 37203.

Please be sure and submit your name, address, and email address, as we will be emailing a special code that will unlock over 300 hours of great TNA Wrestling action.
Old 03-16-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Used my Netflix to watch the Bobby Heenan doc. last night. I have to say, when it comes to color commentary I doubt anyone will be able to match him. Jesse Ventura did a great job as well, but Heenan had so much comedic timing that he gets the edge. One really has to listen close to the matches he called to catch everything, but there were truly hilarious lines.
Old 03-16-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post
Rise and Fall of WCW is a bit of revisionist history, but I could watch that once a year and be entertained.
I just watched that one. Nothing new, but it was a nice trip through memory lane for me. The big disappointment was the lack of involvement from Sting (not that I was expecting it - I know he couldn't do it). He's a well-spoken guy, and was with WCW (at the top of the card, no less) through its entire history. The story feels incomplete without hearing his view on things.
Old 03-16-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

* Bobby Heenan
* Ricky Steamboat

Awesome. I'd love to see stuff like older PPV events show up at some point.
Old 03-16-11, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just noticed today, for those of you with Charter cable, they have some old AWA matches available OnDemand via ESPN.
Old 03-17-11, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Winter looks sexy as hell tonight
Old 03-18-11, 03:58 AM

Received 372 Likes on 269 Posts

HBK is sponsoring a charity raffle for a Wrestlemania/HOF trip. Tickets are $2 each (5 ticket min).

http://www.celebritiesforcharity.org...emania-raffle/

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.