Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The Official Boxing Thread

Old 03-25-18, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

The Nevada State Athletic Commission temporarily suspended Canelo Alvarez on Friday due to his two positive tests for the banned substance clenbuterol, commission executive director Bob Bennett told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...tic-commission
Old 04-01-18, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That Joshua vs Parker fight sucked. Glad it was not on pay per view. The intros which took 20 minutes were more exciting than the fight.

Wilder vs Ortiz was a lot more exciting.

Old 04-04-18, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Canelo withdraws from the rematch and fight is cancelled. Accuses GGG of being scared to fight him. I call bullshit as GGG beat his ass in the first fight.

Old 09-16-18, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So what did everyone think of GGG vs Canelo II?
Old 12-02-18, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fuuuuuuuuck.

That Fury/Wilder fight was one of the most amazing fights I've ever seen. I have no earthly idea how Fury got up in the 12th. He was out COLD. EVERYONE (including me) thought it was over. It was like someone gave him a shot of adrenaline directly into his heart Pulp Fiction style. He just rose up like a zombie. Even the rounds that didn't have a lot of action were interesting. The way Fury just slowly picked Wilder apart, and then started to really pick up steam in the last 4 rounds with his jab and combinations, only to have Wilder clean his clock twice. Amazing fight. I thought Fury was the clear winner. How ANYONE could score that fight 115-111 for Wilder blows my mind. I have to agree with Paulie's off the cuff assessment after the fight. But I'm not too bummed because it was an amazing fight. Looking forward to the rematch. I loved how both guys chirped AJ after the fight. It feels like it'll be awhile before Joshua sees either of these guys in a boxing ring. Anyhow, its fights like this that make me want to be more of a boxing fan than I've been in the past few years.
Old 12-04-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The heavyweight division has been fantastic since the Klitsch boys hung it up to be honest, it was boring for a years with their dominance. I can't wait for AJ vs whoever, I had wanted it vs Wilder, but if Fury can continue to bring it, bring it on!
Old 12-31-18, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Floyd Mayweather beats Tenshin Nasukawa In One Round