WWE/TNA/ROH January Wrestling Thread: Royal Rumble/ Genesis

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH January Wrestling Thread: Royal Rumble/ Genesis

Old 01-30-11, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: WWE/TNA/ROH January Wrestling Thread: Royal Rumble/ Genesis

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
So they're setting up Del Rio/Edge and Miz/Cena headlining Mania? With Orton/Punk on the under card?
I have a feeling we might see a four way match there. Both Miz and Punk have been feuding with Orton and Cena lately.
Old 01-30-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post
Perhaps. Although they have the elimination chamber next month and I would guess at least one of the titles changes hands.
Does the title ever change hands between the Rumble and Wrestle Mania?
Old 01-30-11, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm pretty sure it has changed hands in years prior. I'll have to check on that. Last year, Jericho won the title from the Undertaker. And John Cena beat HHH but ended up losing the title to Batista. So yeah, it's changed hands before.
Old 01-30-11, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year HBK cost Taker the title to Jericho.
Old 01-30-11, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

in 2009 Edge lost the EC match and the WHC to HHH to set up Orton vs HHH and Cena lost the WWE title to Edge later that night in a EC match.

In fact last year both titles changed hands at EC. HBK cost UT the title to Jericho setting up Edge v Jericho and Cena won the WWE title from Sheamus and promptly lost it to Batista, so yeah the titles change hands before Mania ALOT of times
Old 01-30-11, 10:00 PM

LOL at the folks that got cheated by this Royal Rumble PPV, I had two friends tell me that they hated it (and one of them saw it for free) cuz they can't stand Del Rio and felt that Triple H should've showed up.

Yup, Vince can't book for crap to save his company to become serious again, he's just using the company's history to gain buyers who have "the sickness" for wrestling that want to watch Wrestlemania despite the hefty pricetag that doesn't justify ordering it.
Old 01-30-11, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JJE-187 View Post
in 2009 Edge lost the EC match and the WHC to HHH to set up Orton vs HHH and Cena lost the WWE title to Edge later that night in a EC match.

In fact last year both titles changed hands at EC. HBK cost UT the title to Jericho setting up Edge v Jericho and Cena won the WWE title from Sheamus and promptly lost it to Batista, so yeah the titles change hands before Mania ALOT of times
Damn, guess I'm wrong then.
Old 01-30-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Curse_7781 View Post
LOL at the folks that got cheated by this Royal Rumble PPV, I had two friends tell me that they hated it (and one of them saw it for free) cuz they can't stand Del Rio and felt that Triple H should've showed up.

Yup, Vince can't book for crap to save his company to become serious again, he's just using the company's history to gain buyers who have "the sickness" for wrestling that want to watch Wrestlemania despite the hefty pricetag that doesn't justify ordering it.
It was ok until the Cena/Hornswaggle stuff. I didn't want Cena to win, again, but I'm not sold on a rookie winning and headlining WM either.
Old 01-30-11, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Barrett, Punk, and Del Rio were the only people that I would have been happy to see winning. 2 of the 3 are rookies so I'm not sure what that says about the roster or the product they're putting on.
Old 01-30-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I really hated the Hornswaggle and Cena shit. It sapped the energy out of the rumble for me. It turned it into a SE crappy comedy fest for those 5 minutes or so the midget was in. That plus it almost destroyed the Nexus. I mean, in the moments before Cena they were eliminating people left and right. Now after Cena comes in they get dispatched in a minute or so. Talk about storyline inconsistency.
Old 01-30-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Del Rio is far from a rookie. He's wrestled in Mexico & Japan for years as Dos Caras Jr. and is one of the best overall talents in the company at the moment.

I'm not even going to justify a response to Curse, seeing as how he works for TNA
Old 01-30-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WWE has also signed Mistico from Mexico now that you bring that up.
Old 01-30-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fuck all the usual WWE sucks balls reviews, I bought the Royal Rumble and I thought it was great. Edge/Ziggler stole the show outside of the Rumble.
Old 01-30-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Barrett, Punk, and Del Rio were the only people that I would have been happy to see winning.
Agreed...those were the 3 that I was ultimately pulling for.

Starting with Punk and Bryan was great. Like someone said earlier, it was as if Vince was trying to get the IWC amped up before all the shenanigans began. I loved the Punk/Nexus run. Very reminiscent of last year except Punk didn't get the mic. Match definitely started to fall apart in the second half. The Cena/Hornswoggle stuff got grating pretty fast. When Santino went under the ropes, I fucking KNEW it would come up at the end. My heart was in my throat when I saw him in the ring behind Del Rio. Had he won, I'm pretty sure my days of watching WWE would done for a while.

Overall, the show was alright. Not sure it's worth the $45 I'm paying for it. I'm a bit disappointed that with the exception of Booker and Nash, there were no surprises at all.
Old 01-30-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

bwahahaha... THEY!!!!!
Old 01-30-11, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was one of my favorite Rumbles in recent memory. It was nice to see a fresh face win it all. I didn't read the spoilers so it was a nice mark out moment to see Diesel and Booker T come in and not steal anybody's thunder.
Old 01-30-11, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
Agreed...those were the 3 that I was ultimately pulling for.

Starting with Punk and Bryan was great. Like someone said earlier, it was as if Vince was trying to get the IWC amped up before all the shenanigans began. I loved the Punk/Nexus run. Very reminiscent of last year except Punk didn't get the mic. Match definitely started to fall apart in the second half. The Cena/Hornswoggle stuff got grating pretty fast. When Santino went under the ropes, I fucking KNEW it would come up at the end. My heart was in my throat when I saw him in the ring behind Del Rio. Had he won, I'm pretty sure my days of watching WWE would done for a while.

Overall, the show was alright. Not sure it's worth the $45 I'm paying for it. I'm a bit disappointed that with the exception of Booker and Nash, there were no surprises at all.
Yeah, out of the first 15 guys or so. Most of them were workers and not the big stiffs that Vince usually favors. I'm kinda suprised with the amount of the reactions behind both Nash and Booker T. I think they both stick around through Wrestlemania. I think Nash does it for the big WM payday and Booker too unless WWE is insistent on him working a full schedule.
Old 01-30-11, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
I'm not even going to justify a response to Curse, seeing as how he works for TNA
Yes, you folks and your theories that I work for TNA, how pathetic...keep telling yourself that. At least I don't have to see old Nash & Booker T to show in TNA...I'm glad that they showed up in WWE so it can tell TNA not to use those guys and rely on talent they do have.
Old 01-30-11, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
bwahahaha... THEY!!!!!
Just as I said awhile back, I'll say it again...fuck you raven, go take a dump XD
Old 01-30-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
Del Rio is far from a rookie. He's wrestled in Mexico & Japan for years as Dos Caras Jr. and is one of the best overall talents in the company at the moment.
That means jack to the casual wrestling fans paying $50+ for a PPV. To them, he's a rookie.
Old 01-30-11, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

The Booker reaction seemed to be a bit of a nostalgia thing. Nash's reaction was probably the biggest of the night and even went on a bit after he was eliminated.

I'd imagine both guys will stick around for a little bit. If anything, WWE will keep them around just to further stick it to TNA.
Old 01-30-11, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
The Booker reaction seemed to be a bit of a nostalgia thing. Nash's reaction was probably the biggest of the night and even went on a bit after he was eliminated.

I'd imagine both guys will stick around for a little bit. If anything, WWE will keep them around just to further stick it to TNA.
Good if they do, I don't want to see them personally as it will make the creative team in TNA to try something else other than old guys to main event in the company.
Old 01-30-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, you folks and your theories that I work for TNA, how pathetic...keep telling yourself that. At least I don't have to see old Nash & Booker T to show in TNA...I'm glad that they showed up in WWE so it can tell TNA not to use those guys.
Your reputation beyond precedes you at this point.

Are you seriously using a couple of fun rumble entries as some kind of knock on WWE? Nash was a freaking full-time 'wrestler' as of 2 or 3 months ago in TNA.

Your opinions don't mean much to anybody because every post is either 100% pro TNA or 100% bashing WWE.
Old 01-30-11, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by BravesMG View Post
Your reputation beyond precedes you at this point.

Are you seriously using a couple of fun rumble entries as some kind of knock on WWE? Nash was a freaking full-time 'wrestler' as of 2 or 3 months ago in TNA.

Your opinions don't mean much to anybody because every post is either 100% pro TNA or 100% bashing WWE.
Your opinion about me is just that, an opinion :P

Plus, wasn't this board just ripping the rumble when Cena was dominating Nexus and that lame midget was making a mockery of the event. Same goes to Santino as well.

As for Nash, you guys were ripping Nash in TNA during his time but when it comes to the WWE Rumble, folks were marking for him because he was reminding them like a trip down memory lane. Can't believe people nowadays.

Last edited by Curse_7781; 01-30-11 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-30-11, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
That means jack to the casual wrestling fans paying $50+ for a PPV. To them, he's a rookie.
Maybe, but it doesn't mean they overlook his in-ring and on the mic talent.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.