Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Fantasy Football Talk 2010 ptII

Part 1: HERE

Continue discussion
Old 11-09-10, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2010 ptII

There's nothing more satisfying than destroying the #1 team in your league who's sailed by on ridiculously easy matchups and very low overall points.
Old 11-09-10, 12:06 PM
Admin

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by lordwow View Post
There's nothing more satisfying than destroying the #1 team in your league who's sailed by on ridiculously easy matchups and very low overall points.
I have a guy like that in my league. He picks up a player with projected stats of X and gets more than double that amount while his opponent that week picks up a stud player who does nothing that week despite having hugely favorable matchups against the opposing team. Luckily I was the only one to beat this guy this year.
Old 11-09-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 363 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by lordwow View Post
I'm actually rooting for the guy on top to go undefeated because
a) I already lost to him
b) It's unlikely I'll catch up to him anyway
c) He plays all the teams around me in the rankings

I wouldn't mind someone pulling a Patriots and then losing in the playoffs...
Old 11-09-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm thinking of picking up Clinton Portis this week on the waiver wire. I've got plenty of space for him (currently carrying 3 qbs and I definitely want to drop 1 this week) and there is an upside to Portis. He still has starter potential depending on his and Torain's health week to week and would be my 4th running back in the pecking order but a good emergency option. Especially since BGE did nothing this week I don't feel nearly as confident with him as I had been when he had the monster game 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-09-10, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn this sucks, I picked up Stafford so I could play him for this weeks match up with Buffalo while Rivers is on a bye and now it looks like he's going to be out for the rest of the season with that shoulder injury. So annoying! I only needed him for one week and the guy couldn't even stay healthy again.
Old 11-09-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jam Master Jay View Post
Damn this sucks, I picked up Stafford so I could play him for this weeks match up with Buffalo while Rivers is on a bye and now it looks like he's going to be out for the rest of the season with that shoulder injury. So annoying! I only needed him for one week and the guy couldn't even stay healthy again.
I think Hill will be able to play, he might work.
Old 11-09-10, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So my starting QB is still Carson Palmer, who has been putting up decent numbers if only because the Bengals are always playing from behind. However, I need a backup/someone that can fill in with a decent matchup.

The following are available:
Sam Bradford
Matt Hasselbeck
Shaun Hill
Chad Hill
David Garrard
Jon Kitna

and the usual suspects that are probably unowned in all leagues (both Oakland QBs, Troy Smith, etc.)

Any thoughts? I currently have Bradford (because I thought Moss might go there).
Old 11-09-10, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So my starting QB is still Carson Palmer, who has been putting up decent numbers if only because the Bengals are always playing from behind. However, I need a backup/someone that can fill in with a decent matchup.

The following are available:
Sam Bradford
Matt Hasselbeck
Shaun Hill
Chad Henne
David Garrard
Jon Kitna

and the usual suspects that are probably unowned in all leagues (both Oakland QBs, Troy Smith, etc.)

Any thoughts? I currently have Bradford (because I thought Moss might go there).
Old 11-09-10, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 138 Likes on 101 Posts

Of that list, I'd say Hill, Garrard and Bradford. Probably in that order, too.
Old 11-09-10, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Take Garrard, he's coming off a bye and facing the awful Texans defense.
Old 11-09-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree, Garrard is a must start against the worst pass def in the NFL. Just added him myself in the league I lost Stafford in and am pretty happy that he was available still.
Old 11-10-10, 08:50 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

need to fill 2 spots (WR & WR/RB)this week out of the following players:

(the 2 in bold are who I have in place at the moment)

Mike Sims-Walker v Houston
Mike Williams v Carolina

Randy Moss @ Miami
Jeremy Maclin @ Washington

I also have:

Justin Snelling v Baltimore
Clinton Portis v Phiadelphia

but those 2 are both nursing injuries and I don't think are worth the risk
Old 11-10-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm in a very shallow league (8 teams) and am only 4-4 with this team:

QBs: Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Vick
WR: Colston, Garcon, Mike Williams (TB), Wes Welker, Malcom Floyd
RB: Arian Foster, Maurice Jones-Drew, Peyton Hillis, Darren McFadden, LaDanian Tomlinson
TE: Kellen Winslow
K: Carpenter
D: NYG

The problem is we start QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,K,D, so I can only start two RBs and I always seem to pick the wrong ones. I'm thinking of trying to trade a RB or two for an upgrade at TE (targeting Gates) and/or WR. The problem is that people will want Foster... with my RB depth should I offer him out?
Old 11-10-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you can get Gates for him I'd do that.
Old 11-10-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone just dropped Nate Washington in my league. Would you drop James Jones for him?
The decision would be so much easier if I knew if Driver was coming back after the bye or not.
Old 11-10-10, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I'm in a very shallow league (8 teams) and am only 4-4 with this team:

QBs: Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Vick
WR: Colston, Garcon, Mike Williams (TB), Wes Welker, Malcom Floyd
RB: Arian Foster, Maurice Jones-Drew, Peyton Hillis, Darren McFadden, LaDanian Tomlinson
TE: Kellen Winslow
K: Carpenter
D: NYG

The problem is we start QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,K,D, so I can only start two RBs and I always seem to pick the wrong ones. I'm thinking of trying to trade a RB or two for an upgrade at TE (targeting Gates) and/or WR. The problem is that people will want Foster... with my RB depth should I offer him out?
You are definitely stacked at RB but if you trade Foster, the trade list should be short. Gates, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, and maybe Reggie Wayne. Of course if you upgrade the WR spot, make sure you get another player as well.
Old 11-10-10, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Someone just dropped Nate Washington in my league. Would you drop James Jones for him?
The decision would be so much easier if I knew if Driver was coming back after the bye or not.
Yes, if only for the fact that Nate Washington faces HOU twice, JAX, WSH during the second half of the season. GB has a much more difficult schedule. And you figure somebody in the WR core has to benefit when Randy Moss starts receiving double coverage.
Old 11-10-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tonymontana313 View Post
You are definitely stacked at RB but if you trade Foster, the trade list should be short. Gates, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, and maybe Reggie Wayne. Of course if you upgrade the WR spot, make sure you get another player as well.
This guy has Andre Johnson, Nicks, Maclin, and Gates, but his QBs are Romo/Mcnabb and his RBs are Jamaal Charles, Ryan mathews, and Pierre Thomas. I think a QB or RB trade would be good for both of us (I'd have to give him a WR if I took one away because his backups are poor, but his backup TE is Shiancoe, which is decent). Unfortunately, I think he's an absentee owner because he's starting Romo, Mathews, Pierre Thomas, and Gates this week.
Old 11-10-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post
Yes, if only for the fact that Nate Washington faces HOU twice, JAX, WSH during the second half of the season. GB has a much more difficult schedule. And you figure somebody in the WR core has to benefit when Randy Moss starts receiving double coverage.
My exact thoughts. I looked at that schedule and about shat myself. I just hate dropping someone after they've had the best game of their career, but I really have no other options (unless I drop DeAngelo Williams and that's getting closer and closer to reality).

The only reason the guy dropped him is because he's stacked at WR (Nicks, Austin, Lloyd, Braylon Edwards).
Old 11-10-10, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why are you keeping Deangelo, he's pretty much useless and he's hurt now too.
Old 11-10-10, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 138 Likes on 101 Posts

could be a keeper league where he may still have value by keeping him for next season.
Old 11-10-10, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I'm in a 12-team league and rb's are slim pickings. The best option available is Chester Taylor. If S.Jackson or Hillis were to get hurt, I'd be screwed. Plus, it's not that easy dropping your 2nd round pick.
Old 11-10-10, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
While his production has been very weak and he is injured, in a 12 team league it probably isn't yet time to drop him. I know I'd pick him up in a heartbeat if someone dropped him (though in my league, I'm the one stuck with his underperforming ass).
Old 11-10-10, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
While his production has been very weak and he is injured, in a 12 team league it probably isn't yet time to drop him. I know I'd pick him up in a heartbeat if someone dropped him (though in my league, I'm the one stuck with his underperforming ass).
Agreed. Someone dropped him in my 12 teamer and I missed out by 1 waiver position. Stewart's hurt too now, so if they ever get it going (which is unlikely) and Deangelo is healthy, there you go.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.