Reload this Page >

2010 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 8

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2010 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 8

Old 11-01-10, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 2010 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 8

The one out I give Garrett this year is the fact the O-line is a disaster. I opened a thread on the most important position on a football team. Prompted by the Cowboys / Redskins opening game. Most people of course said QB. But a football team is DEAD without an O-line. It functionally kills a team.

I think the final utter failure of the last two weeks is the team just losing motivation and focus. (like they had a lot of that before) We cannot run the ball well anywhere. We got our QB killed. (yes, FB not block. did you see the hole the LB ran through?) Our pass blocking is wanting. It's "Run Forrest Run" all the damn time. Garrett is terrible at his job, sometimes I wondered if it was intentional so Fatman would get fired. But now Garrett's stock is worthless. He might not get an NFL job again.

Again. If you believe you have SB aspirations wtf would you go into a season without an adequate line? From the opening game. How is all that talent supposed to get the ball properly? And this is what being a Cowboys fan means. Every year we go in missing some obvious pieces. And it kills us. We go without kickers, backups, CB's, Coaches, OC's.

Maybe this is so bad JJ backs off a little. But I doubt it.
Old 11-01-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
you think that will change... snowball's chance... you have better luck wrestling a devil dog from Rex Ryan than taking the GM position from JJ

right there folks is the problem... JJ. Dont get me wrong... i hate the cowboys and i know you might be surprised with that but that team scares the piss out of me whenever they play the Giants... they always play the Giants hard... and the defense was always a problem for Eli.. heck... the short passes to Witten always killed us... but this is different... the team was DOA...

Romo might not be the complete problem but he is part of it.. and it isnt his fault... He isnt the leader... plain and simple... put him with another team and he would flourish.. but in Cowboy uniform, he isnt the man... JJ is... Why did Parcells leave? no one can handle that mook... Al Davis is a problem as well but Cable is the man in charge of the team... no player leader but Cable is the force... and they are responding to his leadership...

Wade without a doubt shouldnt be the coach but Garrett isnt the answer either... Cowher and Fox wont stand for JJ's shit...

JJ is the problem... my .02
Did you just run around in a circle and argue with or against yourself? LOL

Will Jerry give up ownership of the team? No. That will not change. And that is not the problem anyway.

Will Jerry give up or change him being GM? Hummm, I'll say I have "hope". Why? Well he essentially won his 3 SB with Jimmy (I think we all agree the 3rd one was not a Barry win). He all brought in Bill Parcels to "right the ship". The problem of course was limited success in the wins or losses. Tho at least the game was being played right (to steal Ron Wash's favorite line).

You have to give Jerry credit. He is a smart guy. He has been successful in everything he does. And he does so with learning and watching and adapting.

Also since the light has gone down (out?) on Red Jesus, I would think Jerry would want a high profile coach. And to get any of them out there, he will have to give something other than money. The problem right now is the looming lock out. But....he has made tough decisions before.

As for Romo, he very well may not be the Ra, Ra, grab your face mask leader type. Is Eli? There are other ways to be a leader. Tho to be honest, I really don't need to disagree with you. Why? It still starts with coaching. Get the coaches right and lets see what happens. I'm not married to Romo. I personally think he can win a SB for the Cows. But if after making a changer there are still issues, well fine take a look.

I actually thought Romo got off to a great start. He made some throws from the pocket I didn't think he could make. And yes some smart throw. But once it was obvious he was going to have to have a TD on every play and every drive. That the vaulted D wasn't going to stop anyone he started overplaying and that is when things went south. Again, no free ticket for Romo, but like the other players, I'll give one pass to a new coach system before kicking to the curb.

Last edited by Sdallnct; 11-01-10 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-01-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
The one out I give Garrett this year is the fact the O-line is a disaster. I opened a thread on the most important position on a football team. Prompted by the Cowboys / Redskins opening game. Most people of course said QB. But a football team is DEAD without an O-line. It functionally kills a team.

I think the final utter failure of the last two weeks is the team just losing motivation and focus. (like they had a lot of that before) We cannot run the ball well anywhere. We got our QB killed. (yes, FB not block. did you see the hole the LB ran through?) Our pass blocking is wanting. It's "Run Forrest Run" all the damn time. Garrett is terrible at his job, sometimes I wondered if it was intentional so Fatman would get fired. But now Garrett's stock is worthless. He might not get an NFL job again.

Again. If you believe you have SB aspirations wtf would you go into a season without an adequate line? From the opening game. How is all that talent supposed to get the ball properly? And this is what being a Cowboys fan means. Every year we go in missing some obvious pieces. And it kills us. We go without kickers, backups, CB's, Coaches, OC's.

Maybe this is so bad JJ backs off a little. But I doubt it.
Well it is easy to see now. But again, don't want to live on last year, but it is essentially the same line as last year that die "well". Now I see problems as ZERO depth in the line. So when they started getting hurt, they went from an average line (that was good to very good with that QB, RB, WR and TE talent) to terrible. And terrible can't be helped all those position players.
Old 11-01-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont worry Sdallnct... next year, your boys will be tough... high draft pick...

and i didnt run in circles... plain and simple, JJ is the problem... there is no leader and if you look around at other people's comments (other boards and comments made on sports websites).. they all point the finger at leadership and how its tough to be a leader when JJ is the leader
Old 11-01-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

dont worry Sdallnct... next year, your boys will be tough... high draft pick...

and i didnt run in circles... plain and simple, JJ is the problem... there is no leader and if you look around at other people's comments (other boards and comments made on sports websites).. they all point the finger at leadership and how its tough to be a leader when JJ is the leader
I'm not disagreeing...I do think it is leadership (seen my rant above and in previous weeks where I gave up on this team the game BEFORE the Giants for how they were playing). I'm saying ditch your favorite photo target to get that leadership. And who is responsible for that? Jerry. And who had admitted responsibility? Jerry.

I agree Jerry is the issue. The difference I think is I still hold "hope" (maybe false) that Jerry will realize he can no longer be Owner/GM. I hope he realizes it is time to hire a GM or a top level coach to do it all. Yes, I do think that could happen. But we will see.

I'm fine with Jerry the owner. He is a fantastic owner. But it is time for him to step away from day to day operations. Will he? I "hope" so.
Old 11-01-10, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts

I love how these weekly threads have become the weekly postmortem what-ails-the-Cowboys threads (and that everyone says the same thing - it's Jerry's fault...terrible GM, but we've got great talent somehow despite that ).

Last edited by Red Dog; 11-01-10 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-01-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah.. definitely... Jerry the owner is perfectly fine... but Jerry thinks he is too smart and should be success ... he is so full of himself... his now pathetic opening for the Monday night football is a prime example of his ego..

he needs to step off abit... let someone do this for him... all the money in the world (in football because baseball is different) wont get you championships...

as a hater, i just love his clapping like cheerleader when his team is down... its hilarious
Old 11-01-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
I love how these weekly threads have become the weekly postmortem what-ails-the-Cowboys threads.
How dare you blaspheme America's Team

Old 11-01-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

but to go off topic...

what is in the oakland water? i didnt expect them to be this good...
Old 11-01-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk God

but to go off topic...

what is in the oakland water? i didnt expect them to be this good...
They're 4-4 with wins over SD, STL, SEA, and DEN. Not exactly a murderer's row. And 3 wins came at home, so I'm not exactly sure if they are that good. We'll see what they can do vs. KC.

The difference is that they have a consistent running game and McFadden is finally the guy most expected him to be when he was drafted. And Jason Campbell is perfect for that kind of offense - to manage the game and not turn it over.
Old 11-01-10, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Red Dog. Missed some of the thread. Why was McNabb pulled? It looks insane. And they went off air once and Deion was still yelling "6 Pro Bowls!"

Old 11-01-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mcnabb is in a tough situation... i think shanny is losing faith...even though Mcnabb isnt terrible ... so not sure what gives..
Old 11-01-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Red Dog. Missed some of the thread. Why was McNabb pulled? It looks insane. And they went off air once and Deion was still yelling "6 Pro Bowls!"

Because he played like shit yesterday. Plus it probably didn't help that he was getting knocked around like a pinata the whole game.

On the previous series, when the Skins were down 28-25 with 5 minutes left, he threw a terrible INT on the 2nd play of the series. And the official party-line was that Grossman knew the Shanny 2-minute offense better.

It was a game that the Lions probably should have won by 3 TDs but between their own mistakes and Brandon Banks keeping the Skins alive with long returns, the Skins were in it until the near end.

Like I said yesterday - this and their game vs. the Rams were their 2 worst efforts of the season.
Old 11-01-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 97 Posts

Is there an NFL rule that forbids a head coach from pulling the star QB from the game? Ever since I've been watching MLB,the manager pulls the far superior pitcher for a mediocre relief pitcher and I guess he thinks he still can win the game. Same goes for an NHL goalie getting pulled. Childress needs to man up and bench Favre and start T-Jack because the last time I looked-the Vikings are tied at 2-5 with a team that has won one playoff game in 52 yrs.
Old 11-01-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it too late for the NFL to change some prime time games? One is SF vs SD, another PITTS/CIN and still another is the XMAS game-DAL/AZ. Also,I feel sorry for the Canadian NFL fans that have to endure the crapass Buffalo Bills 0-7 next Sunday.
Old 11-01-10, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Who would have thought that next weeks KC/OAK game maybe the game of the week. Shades of Lenny Dawson and Ben Davidson.
Old 11-01-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 612 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
I love how these weekly threads have become the weekly postmortem what-ails-the-Cowboys threads (and that everyone says the same thing - it's Jerry's fault...terrible GM, but we've got great talent somehow despite that ).
A lot of that "great talent" is overrated and/or getting old, especially on defense. So it's not just a JJ/coaching issue.
Old 11-01-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town

Multiple reports in the past few minutes that the Vikings have waived Randy Moss.
Old 11-01-10, 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jobronie View Post
Multiple reports in the past few minutes that the Vikings have waived Randy Moss.
It's true!!
The Chicago Bears should sign him now.
Old 11-01-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yep... front page of nfl.com
Old 11-01-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The patriots can now get him back on the cheap... LMAO... Belichik is one smart asshole
Old 11-01-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 674 Likes on 483 Posts

so there's nothing that prevents the Pats from signing him, right? If so, that would be the trade of the centruy.
Old 11-01-10, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesn't the fact that he's waived mean he's on waivers? I would think he would have to clear that before someone would have the ability to sign him to a new contract for the rest of the season.
Old 11-01-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

San Diego Chargers!!! for the win
Old 11-01-10, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The patriots can now get him back on the cheap... LMAO... Belichik is one smart asshole
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. His entire press conference after the game was a love letter to the Patriots, apparently Chili didn't take to kindly to that. Yet another team that got hustled by Bellicheck.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.