Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Champs

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Champs

Old 09-01-10, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

September sees Ring of Honor returning to the ippv with Glory By Honor IX on Saturday, September 11th. It looks to be a solid card with Tyler Black defending the ROH title versus Roderick Strong in a No DQ match. Here's the announced card for this one...

ROH World Title Match- No Disqualification
Tyler Black defends vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini

Dream Tag Team Match
The Kings of Wrestling w/ Shane Hagadorn vs. Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas

Double Chain Match
Kevin Steen and Steve Corino vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana

Battle of The Best
Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels
To order this show, go to http://www.gofightlive.tv/showEvent.do?eventId=733

WWE has its own Night of Champions on September 19th. As of right now, the card looks like this...
* Unification Match: WWE Divas Champion Melina vs. WWE Women's Champion Michelle McCool or Layla
* Six Pack Challenge For The WWE Title: Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett

First up however, TNA has its No Surrender event scheduled for Sunday, September 5th. The card, as of now, looks like this...
TNA WORLD TITLE SEMI-FINALS
Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy

Mr. Anderson vs. The Pope

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES
Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. Desmond Wolfe & Magnus

I QUIT MATCH
AJ Styles vs. Tommy Dreamer
Old 09-01-10, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Cha

Here are a couple of promo videos for Glory By Honor IX...

Old 09-01-10, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Cha

thanks for pimping what surely will be the ppv of the month at least
Old 09-01-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not a problem man. Of all the shows coming up, it's far and away the one I'm looking most forward to.
Old 09-01-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glory By Honor will be great. Will certainly pick up the dvd of it.

NoC has potential to be cool depending on how the rest of the card shapes up and if they actually let the matches happen without some bullshit.

The TNA ppv I could really care less about besides the tag title match. I'd love to see Wolfe capture some gold, but MCMG are so good. Hoping its a crazy match.
Old 09-01-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I love Cornette, i'd pay to see this

CORNETTE CHALLENGES RUSSO TO CHARITY FIGHT AT RING ROASTS

Jim Cornette's seemingly endless, diabolical ploy to plague Vince Russo's dreams seems to know no bounds. Earlier in the year, TNA involved local authorities in warning Cornette that he had crossed a line. After some silence, it seems the jabber-jawed Ring of Honor GM has thought of a resolution to this (rather one-sided) war, once and for all.

Cornette has challenged Vince Russo to a fight at the third annual Ring Roasts, which is being held this October 15 at the Crowne Plaza in Monroe, NJ. In a promo released today on the Ring Roasts website (www.ringroasts.com), Cornette offers to donate his end of any purse money to the WHAS Crusade for Children in Louisville, an organization that helps disadvantaged children.

Cornette and Russo worked side-by-side on WWE and TNA's creative team. Cornette had developed a distaste for Russo, his booking style, and generally anything north of Delaware.

Ring Roasts is an annual comedic tribute co-promoted by Kayfabe Commentaries and Legends of the Ring. Tickets and more information about the roast is available at www.ringroasts.com.
Old 09-01-10, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH View Post
The TNA ppv I could really care less about besides the tag title match. I'd love to see Wolfe capture some gold, but MCMG are so good. Hoping its a crazy match.
It's going to be tough to get close to the MCMG/Beer Money series, but I'm also hoping that it works out. TNA has to look at filling voids that the WWE currently has, and by continuing their tag-team focus, that will help them out.
Old 09-01-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
It's going to be tough to get close to the MCMG/Beer Money series, but I'm also hoping that it works out. TNA has to look at filling voids that the WWE currently has, and by continuing their tag-team focus, that will help them out.
I agree. TNA is focusing on building a solid tag division overall which is only aided by more teams that can build chemistry together and work good to great matches against the others. MCMG and Beer $ had a great series but its definitely time to introduce some more teams. I'm honestly not that familiar with Magnus but Wolfe could work a solid tag match with anyone as his partner against MCMG so I expect a good match even if they are a new team (I think they're new anyways). TNA is definitely doing something right amongst their continued terrible decisions in creative.
Old 09-01-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

cast pic of season 3 of NXT
Old 09-01-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a big bitch
Old 09-01-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
That's a big bitch
6'9" legit. No reason she needs 6" heels on, jesus.
Old 09-01-10, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The chick in the black dress standing next (left) to Gigantica is pretty smokin
Old 09-01-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the thighs on the chick in blue look bigger than her waist.
Old 09-01-10, 06:20 PM

That's a big bitch
LOL! This next season of NXT could be a trainwreck of epic proportions! I mean, what could the Bella Twins teach their rookie about the biz???
Old 09-01-10, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post

Holy shit...
Old 09-01-10, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea, but 3-4 months from now they will have nothing for that women to do and she will be wrestling the Great Khali on Raw .... and probably beating him as well!

Bet me!
Old 09-01-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, I have to admit that huge chick might get me to tune in for a week or two at least.
Old 09-01-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post

what are these chicks wrestling names? sometimes I wish WWE would sign Mosh Girl. She would kick everyones ass.
Old 09-01-10, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
what are these chicks wrestling names? sometimes I wish WWE would sign Mosh Girl. She would kick everyones ass.
They mentioned their names on NXT last night, but I can already see the marquee matchups involving that gigantic broad!

Huge Chick Vs. Big Show
Huge Chick Vs. Great Khali
Huge Chick Vs. Rey Misterio (another David vs. Goliath match ... haha!)
Huge Chick Vs. HHH (of course, Hunter won't put her over)
Huge Chick Vs. Beth Phoenix (this one would be pretty cool!)
Huge Chick Vs. Hornswoggle ('nuff said!)
Old 09-01-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

from lop
AJ Lee (April Jeanette) – This New Jersey native is the current “Queen Of FCW” and girlfriend of TNA’s Jay Lethal. She has a balanced ground an areal attack… Don’t let her size fool you. She was a co-holder of the WSU tag title under the name “Miss April”.
Alouisa – Miami based indy worker who had been working as “Isis The Amazon”. She is a legit 6′9″ and is the only season 3 rookie who has not yet worked a match in developmental.
Jamie Keyes (Brittany Beede) – The Sarasota, FL based model appeared on TNA’s Final Resolution 2009 accompanying Kevin Nash using the name “Brittany”. She’s spent most of her time in developmental as FCW’s ring announcer as well as being the ring announcer for NXT season 2. Jamie may be the least experienced in the ring, but could be in the running for most charismatic.
Aksana (Zivile Raudoniene) – Former Lithuanian fitness model and bodybuilder turned wrestler. Though a bit green in the ring, she has a strong personality that she can build upon.
Naomi Night (Trinity McCray) – This former Orlando Magic cheerleader has all the qualities to go far as a WWE Diva. She is the current FCW Divas champion, defeating former Smackdown star Serena to be the first to wear this belt.
Maxine (Karlee Perez) – In developmental, she has been working under the name “Liviana”. Maxine is a Tampa model turned wrestler who is so strong on the mic, she was recently appointed the on camera GM of FCW.
Old 09-01-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

when reading the background on each, i kind of laughed that most are former models and or cheerleaders
Old 09-02-10, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That giant woman...ok, I'm not excited to see her work, but she's so breathtakingly abnormal, I'm surprised she's being introduced this way. They could have freaked out the audience, if they had a Diva's program, where one of them was getting ganged up on all the time, or something, and then promised she would get help to equalize the situation...or something. I know, that's cheesy, but you get me.

Imagine, if you were watching Raw, and never saw that chick, only to have her get introduced by Diva #3. That would have been something.
Old 09-02-10, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That's a big bitch

No shit!

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas View Post
They mentioned their names on NXT last night, but I can already see the marquee matchups involving that gigantic broad!

Huge Chick Vs. Big Show
Huge Chick Vs. Great Khali
Huge Chick Vs. Rey Misterio (another David vs. Goliath match ... haha!)
Huge Chick Vs. HHH (of course, Hunter won't put her over)
Huge Chick Vs. Beth Phoenix (this one would be pretty cool!)
Huge Chick Vs. Hornswoggle ('nuff said!)
Old 09-02-10, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post
That giant woman...ok, I'm not excited to see her work, but she's so breathtakingly abnormal, I'm surprised she's being introduced this way. They could have freaked out the audience, if they had a Diva's program, where one of them was getting ganged up on all the time, or something, and then promised she would get help to equalize the situation...or something. I know, that's cheesy, but you get me.

Imagine, if you were watching Raw, and never saw that chick, only to have her get introduced by Diva #3. That would have been something.
This is probably the 2nd thing I thought of after seeing her. Only "holy shit, you have to be kidding me" was before it. Its rare where something in wrestling can truly surprise everyone anymore and a 6-9 woman would have been it. If she hasn't even worked in developmental they can't be too concerned with her ability... seems like they missed an incredible chance to have this be a big surprise and surge into the women's division.
Old 09-02-10, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Which broad is Tyler Black?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.