Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Champs

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Champs

Old 09-29-10, 05:28 PM

Re: WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Cha

It was great seeing Bobby Heenan get mentioned on last night's Letterman. Skip to 8:11.

Part 2. Skip to 0:45.

Old 09-29-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: WWE/ TNA/ROH September Wrestling Thread:No Surrender, Glory By Honor,Night of Cha

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
What's interesting is that this was the kind of rating WCW was pulling in during its dying days. Raw used to trump with a 4.5 to 5.2 rating in the day. When you look at it this way, it means that almost 70% of the audience for pro-wrestling has disappeared in the past decade.

But now worries, I'm sure WWE will come up with something. Maybe the Raw GM actually is the computer and it will be revealed that Vince installed a form of AI based on himself into the WWE's network system to run the show in his place while he worked on his wife's campaign. However, the machine will revolt and we'll have all sorts of Raws full of black-outs and "unexpected accidents" as the program becomes a virus invading all of WWE's shows. This can lead to a whole Matrix style angle for WWE, complete with wrestlers who act as "programs."

I hope that doesn't happen, but would it surprise you?
It would shock me, because as stupid as it sounds, it still requires more out of the box thinking than Vince would ever allow to happen.
Old 09-29-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Roper View Post
It was great seeing Bobby Heenan get mentioned on last night's Letterman. Skip to 8:11.
Letterman loves Heenan. He used him in on his 6th anniversary show from Radio City Music Hall in 1988. Jump to 1:10

Old 09-30-10, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That Foley/Flair segment was horrible.
Old 09-30-10, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
That Foley/Flair segment was horrible.

Yep, made moreso by the fact that it was something wrestling fans have wanted to see for a while.
Old 09-30-10, 09:57 PM

In terms of the Flair/Foley confrontation, I can't believe anyone thought this would air as a great segment. This promo truly highlighted the problem with TNA. Something that have should helped draw viewers next week had the adverse reaction. After this aired, I had no desire to see the match next week.
Old 09-30-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is really sad, but other than the Guns/Gen Me feud, I think the thing most holding my interest in TNA is the Nash/Sting/DD angle. Probably cause it's so based on reality, it comes across as authentic. Although I think the only guys from that group that should still be in a ring is Jarrett, Joe, & Pope.
Old 10-01-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by raj905 View Post
In terms of the Flair/Foley confrontation, I can't believe anyone thought this would air as a great segment. This promo truly highlighted the problem with TNA. Something that have should helped draw viewers next week had the adverse reaction. After this aired, I had no desire to see the match next week.
Really? I thought it was very good. Probably not as good as it should be, but I do want to see the match next week. It's weird how a great majority of whole wrestling thread is what's wrong with TNA, what's wrong with WWE and we hardly get anything positive. Why do you guys watch wrestling anyway? I admit I get frustrated with some segments, but some of this bitching just begs the question, why waste your time? Is there really jack else on television (probably a loaded question, but valid)?

Anywho, Flair/Foley wasn't bad. GenMe/Guns is still money and EV2.0 finally got a victory of some sort. However on the bad side, as pretty as Madison and Velvet are...good lord was that segment hard to listen to. But good show, Angle bleeding like a stuck pig was a little bothersome, but the match wasn't bad outside of the no finish (including the sensless Anderson Run-In).
Old 10-01-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I for one am really enjoying TNA lately. Even though I record Impact, I still end up watching 80% of it, compared to Raw, which I was just fast forwarding through in about 10 minutes, before completely giving up.
Old 10-01-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

-- Former Ring of Honor World Champion Tyler Black made his WWE developmental debut at Thursday's Florida Championship Wrestling live event, losing to NXT season two finalist Michael McGillicutty. He was introduced as Zack Rollins.
Old 10-01-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
-- Former Ring of Honor World Champion Tyler Black made his WWE developmental debut at Thursday's Florida Championship Wrestling live event, losing to NXT season two finalist Michael McGillicutty. He was introduced as Zack Rollins.
Ughhhhhhh so stupid.
Old 10-01-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it could have been worse. He could have been Farty McBoogerpants.
Old 10-01-10, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla View Post
I for one am really enjoying TNA lately. Even though I record Impact, I still end up watching 80% of it, compared to Raw, which I was just fast forwarding through in about 10 minutes, before completely giving up.
Pretty much the same here. Oddly enough, NXT has been my WWE highlight lately, mostly due to CM Punk's commentary.