Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Old 08-08-10, 07:04 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Louisville
Posts: 7,595
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFL 2010 Pre-Season

First game is the Hall of Fame game from Canton, OH, between the Cowboys and the Bengals.

Schedule for upcoming games can be found at NFL.com. Most of these games are locally televised, with some exceptions:

August 12 - CAR @ BAL - M&T Bank Stadium 8:00 PM ESPN
August 16 - NYG @ NYJ - New Meadowlands Stadium 8:00 PM ESPN
August 19 - NE @ ATL - Georgia Dome 8:00 PM FOX
August 20 - PHI @ CIN - Paul Brown Stadium 8:00 PM FOX
August 22 - MIN @ SF - Candlestick Park 8:00 PM NBC
August 23 - ARI @ TEN - LP Field 8:00 PM ESPN
August 26 - IND @ GB - Lambeau Field 8:00 PM ESPN
August 27 - SD @ NO - Superdome 8:00 PM CBS
August 28 - DAL @ HOU - Reliant Stadium 8:00 PM CBS
August 29 - PIT @ DEN - Invesco Field at Mile High 8:00 PM FOX

Can't wait! (to watch one quarter and then watch something else.)

Last edited by DGibFen; 08-08-10 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-08-10, 07:09 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: DVDTalk's Surgeon General
Posts: 5,532
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Did Ocho just call himself Robin to TO's batman?
Old 08-08-10, 07:11 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Quake1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder
Posts: 26,587
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Yeah that surprised me a bit.
Old 08-08-10, 07:21 PM
  #4  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 21,414
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

They started that Batman and Robin crap as soon as Owens was signed. They've even talked about getting a Batmobile to cruize 'Nati (that's what Owens calls it) and fight crime.
Old 08-08-10, 07:50 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Michael T Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as "BigDaddy"/Austin, TX
Posts: 11,402
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
They started that Batman and Robin crap as soon as Owens was signed. They've even talked about getting a Batmobile to cruize 'Nati (that's what Owens calls it) and fight crime.


Old 08-08-10, 07:57 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,545
Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

had no idea preseason started tonight and honesty, i don't care. outside of seeing the new talent on your own team, preseason is boring.
Old 08-08-10, 08:04 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JumpCutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: south of heaven
Posts: 13,540
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

There's a playoff atmosphere in Canton tonight.
Old 08-08-10, 08:06 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
raven56706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 21,767
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

GIANTS BABY!!!!! FOOTBALL is BACK!!!!
Old 08-08-10, 09:09 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacramento, Calif.
Posts: 13,525
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

I didn't know the preseason started until last night. I'm watching it since its better than anything else on TV right now.
Old 08-09-10, 10:50 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 10,349
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Enjoyed my two quarters of prime pre-season football before losing interest and changing channels. Thank God it's back!
Old 08-09-10, 08:57 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 21,456
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Thank God indeed. Of course, my Stripes were the first to lose in the playoffs, and are the first to lose in preseason. But at least it's football season.... well, almost.

And yes, Hank, I *am* ready for some football.
Old 08-10-10, 04:25 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goat3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,101
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Jets are planning on putting rookie Kyle Wilson in Revis' spot if he doesn't return. I know he's a rookie but if you've seen Wilson play in college then you know that he's got sick talent.... but talent enough to be lining up against Boldin and Moss in week 1 & 2? That isn't going to be a fun day for a rookie I don't care how much potential he has.

This Revis hold out is making me sick. Just take the one year deal ala Chris Johnson and get on the fucking field.
Old 08-10-10, 06:32 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,503
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

I love the NFL just as much as everyone here, but I don't know how anyone can watch a Pre-Season game if doesn't involve your team. I like to watch my Eagles just to see how the rookies do and players who might have an impact on the team this year, but I couldn't watch 5 minutes of that Cowboys/Bengals game the other night.
Old 08-10-10, 06:38 PM
  #14  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 15,963
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by coli View Post
I love the NFL just as much as everyone here, but I don't know how anyone can watch a Pre-Season game if doesn't involve your team. I like to watch my Eagles just to see how the rookies do and players who might have an impact on the team this year, but I couldn't watch 5 minutes of that Cowboys/Bengals game the other night.
I watched some, basically to see T.O. going up against his old team. If it didn't have that minor draw, I probably would have skipped it altogether.
Old 08-10-10, 07:11 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,625
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
Jets are planning on putting rookie Kyle Wilson in Revis' spot if he doesn't return. I know he's a rookie but if you've seen Wilson play in college then you know that he's got sick talent.... but talent enough to be lining up against Boldin and Moss in week 1 & 2? That isn't going to be a fun day for a rookie I don't care how much potential he has.

This Revis hold out is making me sick. Just take the one year deal ala Chris Johnson and get on the fucking field.
Revis can go fuck himself at this point as far as I'm concerned. If he get's paid this year he'll probably just pull the same shit next year. He has 3 years left on his contract because he held out for a longer rookie contract when he was drafted. He wants to be the highest paid corner in the league, and he uses the Asomugha contract as a starting point, but I guess his agent failed to mention that:

A) Asomugha played out his original contract.
and
B) Asomugha was given an absolutely ridiculous contract by someone who should be spending time in a retirement home pooping his pants instead of running an NFL franchise into the ground.

Last edited by Obey The D; 08-10-10 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-10-10, 07:17 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 13,304
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Good grief they need to shorten the pre-season to two games. Astonishing to believe that until the late '70s it was SIX games.
Old 08-10-10, 07:22 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,597
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Good grief they need to shorten the pre-season to two games. Astonishing to believe that until the late '70s it was SIX games.
At least then season ticket holders weren't on the hook for them.
Old 08-10-10, 08:17 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,625
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
At least then season ticket holders weren't on the hook for them.
It wouldn't be so bad if they at least set a reasonable price for them.
Old 08-10-10, 09:16 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 13,304
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
At least then season ticket holders weren't on the hook for them.
I wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the College All-Star game though, especially after all those rookies sign their big fat contracts making them better paid than all of the veterans on the reigning Super Bowl championship team.
Old 08-11-10, 08:27 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The slums of Escondido
Posts: 2,802
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Sounds like Merriman is going to report to camp

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5456676

makes me happy
Old 08-13-10, 06:37 PM
  #21  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 35,450
Received 134 Likes on 100 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

About to watch my first game of the year, Redskins hosting Bills.

Any Redskin fans here? Seems like all the sports show callers are expecting 8-8 or even playoffs. Everyone is saying we weren't really a 4-12 team last year. I agree. We were more like a 2-14 team. McNabb could add 2 wins, Shanahan another 2 or 3, so I see 7-9 as an amazingly fantastic improvement.
Old 08-14-10, 09:23 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,597
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

That performance is all this town needs. No doubt it will create false hope. That being said, McNabb looked good - having 2 very good TEs should work well for him and it looked like he and Cooley had been playing together for years. Grossman looked very good too.

I think 7-9 is the high end point for the Redskins. If they can show improvement and be somewhat entertaining on offense, I'll be happy.
Old 08-14-10, 10:18 AM
  #23  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 35,450
Received 134 Likes on 100 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

I didn't listen to the radio today, but yeah, I imagine many are saying they'll contend for the division and conference now. Of course, I drink the cool-aid many years myself, and sure I'll join the bandwagon if they do that in the rest of the preseason or the first real game.
Old 08-14-10, 10:28 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 43,460
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
Revis can go fuck himself at this point as far as I'm concerned. If he get's paid this year he'll probably just pull the same shit next year. He has 3 years left on his contract because he held out for a longer rookie contract when he was drafted. He wants to be the highest paid corner in the league, and he uses the Asomugha contract as a starting point, but I guess his agent failed to mention that:

A) Asomugha played out his original contract.
and
B) Asomugha was given an absolutely ridiculous contract by someone who should be spending time in a retirement home pooping his pants instead of running an NFL franchise into the ground.
I hate it when people base their demands on someone else's absurd contract, like when someone gets something through arbitration or the threat of arbitration, but the holdout himself isn't close to arbitration, etc.
Old 08-14-10, 10:31 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,597
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: NFL 2010 Pre-Season

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I didn't listen to the radio today, but yeah, I imagine many are saying they'll contend for the division and conference now. Of course, I drink the cool-aid many years myself, and sure I'll join the bandwagon if they do that in the rest of the preseason or the first real game.
If McNabb can perform well vs. the Ravens first-string D, then people would have some reason to be optimistic. I'm actually going to that game - first preseason game I've attended since I've had my season tickets. Got nothing better to do and I want to check out the new video boards (since I'm not going to a regular season game until the GB game in October).

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.