Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH August Wrestling Thread: Hardcore Justice/ Summer Fest

Old 08-12-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WWE/TNA/ROH August Wrestling Thread: Hardcore Justice/ Summer Fest

Regarding the whoe TNA twitter stuff
Spoiler:
isnt TNA starting an angle tonight and next week of Fortune blaming Dixie Carter for ruining TNA by bringing in all these old timers? I kinda assume the twitter stuff mae relatd to that storyline or something. Maybe they are planning a "nWo" type thing in october or something too
Old 08-12-10, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by JJE-187 View Post
Spoiler:
isnt TNA starting an angle tonight and next week of Fortune blaming Dixie Carter for ruining TNA by bringing in all these old timers? I kinda assume the twitter stuff mae relatd to that storyline or something. Maybe they are planning a "nWo" type thing in october or something too
Man, one thing I don't want to see is Dixie being worked into the stories, especially if they intend to turn into a damsel in distress who has to be rescued by Hogan, Jarrett, or some other top guy.
Old 08-12-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JJE-187 View Post
Spoiler:
Probably. Seriously, I wouldn't put this whole thing past Russo.

The thing is, I have no idea what's going on... The fake hogan twitter is back up...It's interesting.

Originally Posted by Fake Hogan
I am the Fallen Angel

Christopher Daniels

@EBischoff Hey Eric Bitchoff, it's Daniels, the one you fired! Now who was mind fucked... way to stay accurate in the "media"
It's gotta be someone just fucking with people. This is too bizarre to be real.
The fact that PW Insider was name dropped again makes me assume it's someone connected with them, if not some weird work or storyline or something.
Old 08-12-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson View Post
Probably. Seriously, I wouldn't put this whole thing past Russo.

The thing is, I have no idea what's going on... The fake hogan twitter is back up...It's interesting.

It's gotta be someone just fucking with people. This is too bizarre to be real.
The fact that PW Insider was name dropped again makes me assume it's someone connected with them, if not some weird work or storyline or something.
Yeah, on Daniels' twitter, he's said that he has nothing to do with it and doesn't appreciate trolls using his name.
Old 08-12-10, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, the first hour of Impact has been impressive and you know The Guns & Beer Money will be fantastic at the least. I'm was just thinking how positive the shows been and they put up the Bischoff as ref graphic followed by the Hulk graphic. This has the potential to be one of the best wrestling shows of the year but I have a bad, bad feeling about how the 20 minutes are going to go. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
Old 08-12-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing they're giving us this good of a show for free but we people had to pay $40 to see that ECW shite
Old 08-12-10, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fucking-A yeah. Serious MoTY candidate and the best "series" of matches I can ever recall seeing.

Next to Miz, MCMG and my favs in the business today
Old 08-12-10, 09:29 PM

Great show.

Seriously, not only the best series ever, but probably the best tag match ever. It makes it even more impressive that they had four previous matches which were all good to great, and they managed to do new stuff in this match and make it like twice as good as any of those.

The ending was awesome. It would've been nice to see more TNA guys out there, but at leaves us wondering what will happen next. Has there ever been this much blood on a wrestling TV show before? RVD should be dead.

AJ vs. Angle was disappointing. These guys just seemed like they were rushed.

Get Hogan off TV. He's been saying the same crap over and over, taking it to the next level, blah blah blah. Dude probably does more harm trying to praise other guys than good.

TNA has been really good the past few months now, as good of a period as I can remember since I started watching it. Really hope they don't decide to change directions like they always do when things start getting hot.
Old 08-12-10, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A Red Rooster sighting!
Old 08-12-10, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NORML54601 on 8/5 View Post
Anyone want to bet that after "The Whole F'n Show" edition of Impact we have, Fortune, The Wolfpack, EV2.0, and the TNA originals all existing in TNA?
All we're missing is the Wolfpac. A great show up until Hogan came out, then we have a total lack of logic. EV2 was saying goodbye, why the fuck would Fortune care since they'll be gone anyway. I think Abyss will reveal the Wolfpac as "they".
Old 08-12-10, 10:07 PM
Banned

The show was pretty good, but again, the big weak link is Mike Tenay. He doesn't know how to sell the product and Taz can't carry commentary by himself.
Old 08-12-10, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
All we're missing is the Wolfpac. A great show up until Hogan came out, then we have a total lack of logic. EV2 was saying goodbye, why the fuck would Fortune care since they'll be gone anyway. I think Abyss will reveal the Wolfpac as "they".
Well Mike Tenay is now under the assumption that Abyss is now referring to "they" as Fortune....which is weird considering his feud with Flair.

Other than that, great show.
Old 08-12-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Overall, a pretty good show. MMG vs Beer Money was definitely the match of the night.
Old 08-13-10, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great show. If you didn't like that tag match, you need to check for a pulse. That might be the best tag match I have ever seen. Very solid Impact. If only it was that good every week.
Old 08-13-10, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic Impact last night. Almost every match on the card was exciting and produced something great. The MCMG vs Beer Money was Tag Team MOTY if not MOTY period. Angle vs Styles as well as Abyss and RVD were also excellent matches in their own right. The mark in me didn't care for the EV2.0 crew to get absolutely beat the tar out of (felt particularly bad for FBI, Guido and Marmaluke took some pretty bad blade jobs), but I understood the story progression. This is the first time I've actually felt like AJ Styles (or Kazarian for that matter) was a heel, because I honestly wanted New Jack or somebody to come down and beat the crap out of him. Reaction wasn't half bad either and they gave people a reason to tune into their third hour. Great night of wrestling and storylines.

And Madison Rayne gave me sweet dreams in her little pink number. Diva question, if Angelina Love is only 28, why does she look like she's 40? Ugh!
Old 08-13-10, 09:46 AM

No idea why Love was part of Beautiful People when she's ugly and has the face of a man.
Old 08-13-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yet more awful news, but Lance Cade has passed away. Not surprising news in the least, but this is always sad to hear. he had a lot of potential, but pissed it all away for no reason.
Old 08-13-10, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
The show was pretty good, but again, the big weak link is Mike Tenay. He doesn't know how to sell the product and Taz can't carry commentary by himself.
I agree that Tenay isn't explosive and doesn't get anyone excited, but I think he's solid and isn't a negative for TNA.

Unrelated...Last night I watched some of the Hell in the Cell DVD, and it just amazes me how often and willing Foley was putting his body at risk in those matches.
Old 08-13-10, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd just like to add my opinion on the TNA commentators- I'd rather hear dying cats outside of my window than either Tazz or Tenay commentate a match.

And RIP Lance Cade- Not surprising after being reminded (sort of) of his troubles over the last couple years but still sad.
Old 08-13-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, just heard about Lance Cade through a trending topic on Twitter.. Always sad to hear about someone passing at such a young age. RIP
Old 08-13-10, 02:41 PM
Banned

WWE DIVA SUSPENDED FOLLOWING INCIDENT AT WWE TV HOTEL
By Mike Johnson on 2010-08-13 15:14:44
WWE Diva Tiffany (Taryn Terrell) was suspended by World Wrestling Entertainment earlier this week after an incident in San Jose, California at the hotel WWE had booked talents into, according to numerous sources within the company.

The incident, which WWE sources claim was a domestic issue between Terrell and husband Drew McIntryre, led to police being called to the scene. We have conflicting reports over whether Terrell was arrested by the San Jose PD. PWInsider.com is awaiting a return call from the San Jose Police Department's Public Affairs office.

Terrell, who was scheduled to wrestle this Sunday at the Summerslam PPV, was sent home by WWE management after the incident, according to two separate sources.

WWE has not publicly acknowledged the suspension or any potential change to the PPV as I write this.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=49946
Old 08-13-10, 04:31 PM

Add me to the list of folks here who thought last night's TNA show was simply amazing!!! I got goosebumps seeing the crowd's reaction to the MCMG-Beer Money tag match! And this was even before the bell rang! What followed was simply some of the best in-ring action and psychology I have ever seen ... and I have been a pro wrestling fan for more than 20 years! Kudos to TNA for giving these amazing talents a chance to shine and prove why they are the top tag teams in the biz right now ... period.

The rest of the show was entertaining from start to finish! My only gripe is that we had to wait until REACTION to hear what Ric Flair had to say on the mic about beating the crap out of EV2. But I'm definitely looking forward to what will happen next.

Btw, I thought REACTION was a pretty great show! All storyline-driven and it gave the TNA roster a chance to shine and show off more of their individual personalities. And for the record, I think Angelina Love is a very attractive gal. But damn .. those Beautiful People sure have mastered the art of the potty mouth ... haha.

And Dixie Carter ... yes, she's a beautiful woman, but her acting skills need some work. Tone it down, Dixie!
Old 08-13-10, 04:43 PM

I think TNA should have impact be the ALL wrestling show and then have the promos and talking on reaction
Old 08-13-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It doesn't help Angelina Love that Velvet Sky is in the same company. 'cause.. damn.
Old 08-13-10, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs View Post
It doesn't help Angelina Love that Velvet Sky is in the same company. 'cause.. damn.
Velvet Sky is heavenly ... no doubt about that!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.