Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Old 06-11-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

I'm pretty sure this Daniel Bryan release is a work...they just kicked off this great angle with Daniel being of the main guys focused, i doubt WWE is stupid for letting him go.
Old 06-12-10, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

I miss Maria.
Old 06-12-10, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Source: F4Wonline.com

- Word has been sent out within WWE that the release of Daniel Bryan is legit.

Higher-ups, including execs Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson, in the company were informed of his departure before the news item was posted on WWE's website tonight.

It's still possible that this is all a part of WWE "going out of the norm" and it's a big storyline but it's hard to believe that they would work the storyline on higher-ups in the company.
Old 06-12-10, 01:35 AM

Unbelievable!!! What the heck is going on here???? Needless to say, there's going to be a lot of pissed off fans. Talk about a momentum killer.
Old 06-12-10, 02:42 AM

From F4Wonline.com:

The people who needed to know were told that Bryan Danielson was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his tie during the angle on Monday night. That shot was edited from replays of the show. It's not known why this would lead to someone getting fired and from all accounts, Danielson was described as the type of person you want a dressing room filled with.

The choking with a tie was described as being too violent for what is allowed on WWE television.
Old 06-12-10, 03:14 AM

And more from PWInsider:

Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.
I am told that the final decision was made earlier today and Danielson was informed shortly before the company publicly announced it. For those who are thinking this is an angle, I am told by everyone I have spoken to that it is not, although I want to point out a number of wrestlers in the company do believe it is a work.

For those who are wondering why the company is giving Danielson such a harsh punishment, well a former company executive is running for office, although how much of a cause and effect is there is anyone's guess. It's certainly a viable theory, since the company has been very gun shy about going outside of their PG rating.

There's no word as to whether Danielson was aware of the protocol at the time of the angle, although the Roberts choking was one of the elements that made the end of Raw so memorable. It's interesting to note that at least on the company's Youtube.com channel, the incident, including the choke, are still available for viewing.

The loss of Danielson will immediately change the future of the WWE NXT angle since he was considered the most versatile and well rounded performer of the group and would have been extremely important in carry the brunt of the in-ring work load.

The release of Danielson does put him in an amazing position on the independent scene. How many top flight stars get signed, leave, and get released right after laying out the WWE champion?

We'll have more on this as it develops.

pwinsider
Old 06-12-10, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I feared that the WWE would screw up the angle with NXT (since they always seem to screw up the big angles, or at least take a turn that I don't like) but if they Danielson's release isn't a work they have gone above and beyond my worst expectations. Seeing him in the WWE was the best thing I've seen in the WWE in years.
Old 06-12-10, 04:41 AM

If the Danielson firing is legit, then I just lost all interest in this NXT invasion angle (which was the only interesting thing going on in WWE).
Old 06-12-10, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wow.... talk about losing steam... oh well... im not surprised
Old 06-12-10, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If that was too violent, then why not fire the cameraman who filmed it, or the director who stayed with the shot for so long?

Oh well, we all were worried they would screw up the angle but who would've thought it would be so soon?
Old 06-12-10, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose View Post
Oh well, we all were worried they would screw up the angle but who would've thought it would be so soon?
Honestly, I was about 50/50 they would screw it up on this Monday's RAW. So I'm not that surprised it would happen so quickly.
Old 06-12-10, 07:16 AM
Banned

Didn't we not long ago someone (Orton, Batista or Shaemus) choking Cena with a cable after a match? Since WWE has been PG, haven't we seen HBK put the Cripple Crossface in his arsenal of moves? Haven't we seen more violent stuff than choking Justin Roberts with a tie?

If this releases was cause by Bryan going over the PG rating, I want to the see the apologists here that continue to say that the rating doesn't affect the product.
Old 06-12-10, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
Didn't we not long ago someone (Orton, Batista or Shaemus) choking Cena with a cable after a match?
And didn't Heath Slater choke Cena with the detached bottom rope just a couple minutes after the neck tie incident?
Old 06-12-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Now that I think of it, when they showed the replay of the attack on Superstars and Smackdown, the part of Danielson choking the announcer was edited out. If legit, that's gotta be the stupidest firing ever. Because no wrestler has ever "choked out" another wrestler since the Benoit tragedy, right? give me a break.

Congrats to the E to, once again, fuckin up somethin that got the fans really interested in their shitty product.

and just read this on NoDQ.com

Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Dave Meltzer, the "people that needed to know" were told that Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW this past Monday.

The shot was edited from some replays of the angle and was described as being too violent for what WWE allows on it’s programming.

Word is that someone very important complained to WWE officials about the angle with the idea that kids who were watching may think it’s fun to choke people with their ties. It’s unknown who actually complained but it had to be someone with a lot of power.

Bryan is being described as a scapegoat. WWE does want to bring him back to the roster once the whole thing blows over.

Danielson was described as the type of person you would want your locker room filled with.

Last edited by Drav3n; 06-12-10 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-12-10, 07:56 AM
Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dick Ebersol or Bonnie Hammer that complained.
Old 06-12-10, 09:24 AM

Soon WWE programming will consist of wrestlers sitting on a porch swing and offering each other lemonade. What complete BS.
Old 06-12-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
doing this can get ya fired
Old 06-12-10, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess the suits at Mattel toy company complained they couldn't market the WWE dolls for such a violent show. What horsehit! Like I said before, give me pro wrestling over this sports entertainment crap. Enough is enough!
Old 06-12-10, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I guess the suits at Mattel toy company complained they couldn't market the WWE dolls for such a violent show. What horsehit! Like I said before, give me pro wrestling over this sports entertainment crap. Enough is enough!
Old 06-12-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't care how much they "want to bring him back after this blows over", that's just total horseshit. While not really watching wrestling much anymore, other than the PPVs, I do read this board all the time. I cannot remotely remember any event in recent history causing so much excitement (sadly, tempered with hesitancy because everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop) as the NXT invasion angle.

If this PG stuff is a big deal, how did they get away with it back in the 80's, in the era of cartoons, LJN action figures, mainstream media exposure, and tie-ins with MTV/NBC? Whether on their flagship program or not, the crushing of Steamboat's larynx, blood, Jake putting Damian all over people, constantly using wrist tape/camera cables to choke out guys was very common. (I get the fact that Linda wasn't running for office and it wasn't after a murder(s) like Benoit's, but come on.)

I think the best thing they could have done was "fire" him privately, but either have the WWE guys corner him and attack him, shelving him for a month or two (or longer if need be), while he was "fired" and then coming back at the apex of the NXT angle to help when it appears the WWE guys were finally coming back OR have the NXT guys attack him for being the "weak link" on the show/of the group, giving him the opportunity to be "fired", and then he could come back being the HERO and align with the WWE guys so he could jump right in.

Part of me can't wait until he gets back. The other part of me wants him to sign with TNA or go back to ROH just to put the screws to WWE. (Sadly, others in the business can't side with him because Vince's paycheck is so much better than anywhere else except for probably a few main stars in TNA and no one's going to risk that for Bryan, regardless of how stupid the decision to fire him really is.)

I kind of came back after Bret returned. That momentum quickly fell by the wayside. This was the perfect thing to get my interest up again. I'm not saying the angle will change that much, but for me, it takes all the steam out of a good decision with an even stupider (than normal/most) decision.
Old 06-12-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to stupid dirtsheet websites, HHH was involved...

UPDATE: Further info on Triple H involvement with Danielson release
Saturday, June 12th, 2010

We can now confirm that our earlier info on Triple H being responsible for the firing of Bryan Danielson is indeed correct. Our source tells us that while watching Justin Roberts being choked by his own tie Triple H’s children became frightened and burst into tears.

Despite the incident being planned as part of the NXT rookie invasion, the sight of his children’s tears drove Triple H to action. The next day, Triple H confronted Danielson during the Smackdown! tapings and the two had to be torn away from each other. Triple H put a stop to another invasion that was planned for SD for fear of further scaring his kids and them having sleepless nights which would “ruin his weekend” in the words of our source. Triple H then told our source that he wanted Danielson out of the company as soon as possible and convinced Vince to finally terminate his contract.

Upon being told of his release Danielson stormed out of the building in a rage and spat on Eve Torres who had the misfortune of being near Danielson when he began to rage. The general locker room feeling is that Bryan’s firing was brought about solely from Triple H. Vince was reportedly disappointed that he had to release Bryan due to his involvement with such a large angle and this release has scuppered a lot of Creative’s plans.
http://www.wrestlinginsider.org/?p=112

Is it just me or do all these dirtsheet sites just speculate or lie out their ass?!? Only WWE Managment and Daniel Bryan know the truth.

I just found this excuse ridiculous...whatever happens, blame HHH...typical answer from any website.
Old 06-12-10, 02:39 PM
Banned

That is just horseshit.
Old 06-12-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

95% of fans won't even notice or care. To them, he was just another guy of the 8.
Old 06-12-10, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GuessWho View Post
95% of fans won't even notice or care. To them, he was just another guy of the 8.
Not really. He was the most prominent guy in NXT. That's why fans were popping when they saw him hit Cole and then the Miz. People are going to notice that he is gone.
Old 06-12-10, 03:06 PM
Banned

WHY DANIEL BRYAN WAS RELEASED BY WWE LAST NIGHT
By Mike Johnson on 2010-06-12 08:57:52

The following story was broken on our Elite section overnight. If you want to get all of the news first, you can join our Elite section by clicking here.

Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

I am told that the final decision was made earlier today and Danielson was informed shortly before the company publicly announced it. For those who are thinking this is an angle, I am told by everyone I have spoken to that it is not, although I want to point out a number of wrestlers in the company do believe it is a work.

For those who are wondering why the company is giving Danielson such a harsh punishment, well a former company executive is running for office, although how much of a cause and effect is there is anyone's guess. It's certainly a viable theory, since the company has been very gun shy about going outside of their PG rating.

There's no word as to whether Danielson was aware of the protocol at the time of the angle, although the Roberts choking was one of the elements that made the end of Raw so memorable. It's interesting to note that at least on the company's Youtube.com channel, the incident, including the choke, are still available for viewing.

The loss of Danielson will immediately change the future of the WWE NXT angle since he was considered the most versatile and well rounded performer of the group and would have been extremely important in carry the brunt of the in-ring work load.

The release of Danielson does put him in an amazing position on the independent scene. How many top flight stars get signed, leave, and get released right after laying out the WWE champion?

We'll have more on this as it develops.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/482...ight-.html?p=1

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.