Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Old 06-10-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

Lethal is entertaining when he does that.
Old 06-11-10, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
I really enjoy watching Jay Lethal on TNA. I can't believe how dead-on his Flair impression is.
I can't believe how dead-on all of his impressions are for that matter. If his wrestling career tanks, I think he might be able to make it as a comedian.
Old 06-11-10, 04:21 PM

Here is the attack by the rookies on Miz and Christian. This angle is just amazing.

Dragon yelling "You're better than me? You're better than me?" before kicking Miz's head in is great. I hope he continues doing it.

Last edited by Keith6601; 06-11-10 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-11-10, 05:15 PM

I haven't finished watching IMPACT yet, but I was laughing my ass off the entire time Jay Lethal was doing his Naitch impression. Seeing how the heels were reacting to him was priceless too!

Glad to see Hogan and the new regime giving Jay a shot to become a big-time player in TNA! He has certainly made the most of the opportunity.
Old 06-11-10, 07:37 PM
Banned

According to Pwinsider, the TNA big surprise on the PPV may be that either Paul Heyman or Kevin Sullivan have signed with the company.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=48260

If Dixie Carter is promoting this to be a surprise, then I imagine is Heyman, since Sullivan isn't quite a big name to cause a stir and quite frankly, hiring him will be 100 steps backwards. Sullivan and his booking mentality stayed in 1989.
Old 06-11-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

nXt invasion is pretty cool. I am really looking froward to RAW monday just to see what happens. I think bizzaro cena looks better without the whole Kid hair do
Old 06-11-10, 09:13 PM

Heyman can't help. Sullivan would be worse.
Old 06-11-10, 09:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim View Post
Heyman can't help. Sullivan would be worse.
If Heyman is given total creative control, I think he can. He is someone who knows how to use wrestlers wisely. As long as he is not in charge of accounting, I see no problem with Heyman going to TNA.
Old 06-11-10, 09:39 PM

Heyman would be a coup for TNA! He knows how to give the fans what they want. And if management lets him do his thing without meddling (like Vince and creative did during ECW V.2), I could see TNA becoming a much more intriguing and exciting product. If you were Heyman, wouldn't you do everything in your power to kick butt and stick it to WWE?
Old 06-11-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

wwe.com is mentioning that Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) has been released.
Old 06-11-10, 10:19 PM

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/14734694

This better be a part of the angle! I really hope it is. You don't think they'd fire him for spitting in Cena's face????

If this is true, it really sucks.
Old 06-11-10, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
wwe.com is mentioning that Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) has been released.
What the fuck?!? He is one of the bright spots in all of this NXT invasion.
Old 06-11-10, 10:23 PM
Banned

His twitter account was even closed. What the hell happened?
Old 06-11-10, 10:29 PM

If this news is legit, I'd bet money TNA has already called Mr. Danielson and offered him a job! Unless he violated the Wellness Policy big time or pissed someone off backstage, this is a boneheaded move by WWE at a really crucial time. Time will tell what the truth is.
Old 06-11-10, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

on his twitter page
Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring.
Old 06-11-10, 10:32 PM
Banned

If he violated the Wellness policy, WWE would have stated so and there would be no future endeavors in the article.
Old 06-11-10, 10:40 PM

Maybe he wasn't supposed to choke out Justin Roberts with a pink tie????
Old 06-11-10, 10:46 PM
Banned

I hope is just part of the NXT angle and not real. He is the one guy I can see having great matches with everyone and his angle with the Miz and Michael Cole has been really entertaining. I would be really upset if this turns out to be real and caused by some backstage crap.
Old 06-11-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

apparently meltzer thinks its a work
Old 06-11-10, 10:51 PM
Banned

Well Bryan changed his Twitter name and wrote this 2 hours ago:

Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring.
http://twitter.com/bryandanielson

He still listed in the WWE Twitter page. Could this be that they are "releasing" Daniel Bryan, and hiring Bryan Danielson?
Old 06-11-10, 10:53 PM

Bryan could be a HUGE grab for TNA if he really was fired and Heyman takes over control
Old 06-11-10, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
I hope is just part of the NXT angle and not real. He is the one guy I can see having great matches with everyone and his angle with the Miz and Michael Cole has been really entertaining. I would be really upset if this turns out to be real and caused by some backstage crap.
Me too, dx23! Why would they go to the trouble of doing the NXT Invasion angle with Danielson ... who was the one guy who the fans were fully behind because of the crappy way he was treated by Cole and WWE ... and just dump his ass?

I still can't believe the NXT guys kicked the pros' butts at that FCW show! Come to think of it, maybe this Danielson release is part of the bigger picture with this NXT angle! Stranger things have happened.
Old 06-11-10, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post

He still listed in the WWE Twitter page. Could this be that they are "releasing" Daniel Bryan, and hiring Bryan Danielson?
As much as I would like to believe that theory, here's the actual statement from WWE. Notice how they kill this thought right off the bat:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors."

One thing is for sure ... this is adding more intrigue to the NXT angle!
Old 06-11-10, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just read this on NoDQ.com

According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, this is merely a storyline release and the first time WWE has done a fake firing on their website.
I noticed on his twitter bio that he no longer mentions being WWE NXT Rookie Daniel Bryan.. this better be storyline, otherwise they just killed this angle...and my interest that was slowly comin back.
Old 06-11-10, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I am so getting this

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.