Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Old 06-30-10, 05:09 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

I'm surprised to hear Cole defending the NXT guys during commentary on last nights show. This may play in to him being revealed as the mystery GM.

Last edited by Mok; 06-30-10 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-30-10, 05:34 PM

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

Percy Watson and Lucky Cannon are horrible. Too bad it wasn't one of them eliminated last night, and even worse that Percy was #2.
Old 06-30-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From the blog of Bryan Danielson...

"WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors."

Posted by WWE.com

Since this statement was released I've been bombarded with messages asking me if it's real, and by now I'm sure that most people know that it is.

WWE is very serious about adhering to their PG guidelines, and apparently my actions during the NXT attack on John Cena, namely choking announcer Justin Roberts with his tie and spitting in Cena's face, crossed the boundaries of what is considered "PG." Perhaps the choking was too violent or perhaps the spit was too demeaning. I apologized for both immediately following the incident; but I would be a hypocrite if I apologized for putting everything I have into the attack. I would much rather have gone too far than to come up too short.

As with anyone who gets fired from their job, especially when they feel its unjust, I am angry. Very angry. But I can't fault WWE for how they handled my release. My contract contained a 90 day no-compete clause in the event I was let go, yet the WWE has graciously allowed me start wrestling again on any show that's not taped for television or pay per view.

So with the negatives there also come positives. Before I got signed by WWE last October, I worked hard to bring new fans to independent wrestling. But with most of us having little national exposure the only thing we could do was wrestle our hearts out and hope for word of mouth. Now that I've appeared on WWE television in front of millions of new fans, things are different. My goal is to garner as much interest in independent wrestling over the next 90 days as I possibly can. I hope that some of the people who enjoyed watching me wrestle on TV will give independent companies such as Evolve, Dragon Gate USA and Ring of Honor a chance. I think most of you would enjoy the intimacy between the fans and the wrestlers and the intensity of the action; if you ask the fans who went to the Chikara or AIW shows I was on this weekend, I'm sure 99% of them had a great time. So if you've never been to an independent show, go ahead and dip your toes in... you might find that the water is pretty nice.

As far as what happens after 90 days, nobody knows. I've "heard" that TNA is interested. There are petitions going around to get me back into WWE and the last several weeks there have been fans chanting my names at their shows. People have even brought signs showing their support. And though most of the signs get taken away and though WWE may not be listening to your chants or petitions, I truly appreciate all the support over the last several weeks. It is both overwhelming and heartwarming. But regardless of what offers come in, I am in no rush to make any rash decisions. I enjoy my freedom as much as I enjoyed the benefits offered by being in WWE. My future, as usual, is uncertain. But I am enjoying my return to the independents. I'm hoping to see some of you there.
Old 07-01-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Apparently, Vince McMahon has outlawed Ric Flair style chops since Flair works for TNA now. How ridiculous and petty can you be.
Old 07-01-10, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Apparently, Vince McMahon has outlawed Ric Flair style chops since Flair works for TNA now. How ridiculous and petty can you be.
I'm calling bullshit on this one. A Flair Style chop is one of the simplest (and most effective) strikes in wrestling. Flair has been in TNA for what, 6 months now? Don't believe everything you read.

Originally Posted by J. Farley View Post
Percy Watson and Lucky Cannon are horrible. Too bad it wasn't one of them eliminated last night, and even worse that Percy was #2.
Lucky is pretty bad, I would expect him to make it for a 2 to 3 more weeks at the most (unless he keeps winning challenges of course).

Percy on the other hand, I was probably in the same boat you were until the last couple of weeks. But I've come around. The guy is actually quite entertaining. I admit, it's a little bit of a silly gimmick but so what? Wrestling is often too serious anyway and he's actually not too bad in the ring either. As long as he continues to entertain the crowd, expect him to stay. Heck, he might even win the thing.
Old 07-01-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
I'm calling bullshit on this one. A Flair Style chop is one of the simplest (and most effective) strikes in wrestling. Flair has been in TNA for what, 6 months now? Don't believe everything you read.

Lucky is pretty bad, I would expect him to make it for a 2 to 3 more weeks at the most (unless he keeps winning challenges of course).

Percy on the other hand, I was probably in the same boat you were until the last couple of weeks. But I've come around. The guy is actually quite entertaining. I admit, it's a little bit of a silly gimmick but so what? Wrestling is often too serious anyway and he's actually not too bad in the ring either. As long as he continues to entertain the crowd, expect him to stay. Heck, he might even win the thing.

I am not sure if I believe about Vince banning chops(just posting what I read), but it sounds like something he would do.
Old 07-01-10, 01:03 PM
Banned

Ricky Steamboat has been hospitalized for real according pwinsider.com

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=48797
Old 07-01-10, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post

Can't say I'm all that surprised, it was only a matter of time until a legend got hurt with all the stuff they do with them assuming it was related to an in-ring injury.

I hope he ends up okay and my thoughts are definitely with him.
Old 07-01-10, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post

Oh boy! First off, I hope Ricky is doing ok and recovers quickly.

It seems like everything is blowing up in WWE's face these days ... the Visa issues with Barrett/McIntyre, Bryan Danielson, Steamboat, CM Punk injury, etc.

Of course, knowing WWE Creative, they will bring back HHH and everything will be ok with the world again.
Old 07-01-10, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Richard Blood aka Ricky Steamboat, 57, suffered a brain aneryuism last night in Tampa and is currently being hospitalized. We don't know any more details other than it has been confirmed by those in WWE and it is not working an angle from Monday. Steamboat was banged up from Monday's angle

An update from WO:
His prognosis from what can be a fatal encounter is considered good to excellent.
Old 07-01-10, 05:54 PM

So does this mean the entire NEXUS group will be fired for nearly legit killing Steamboat? That would be the same logic that applied to Danielson's release.

Seriously, glad to hear Steamboat will be ok!
Old 07-01-10, 06:41 PM
Banned

I call bullshit in that the aneurysm wasn't caused by the bumps he took last Monday. Head traumas are one of the main reasons for brain aneurysms and he took several big bumps and hits last Monday againts the NXT group. I hope he comes out of this OK and doesn't try to come back and wrestle.
Old 07-01-10, 07:06 PM

Meltzer is apparently reporting that both Wade Barrett and Drew McEntyre's visa issues have been sorted out and that Barrett will be on Raw Monday night. Hope Steamboat is on the road to recovery.
Old 07-01-10, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas View Post
So does this mean the entire NEXUS group will be fired for nearly legit killing Steamboat? That would be the same logic that applied to Danielson's release.

Seriously, glad to hear Steamboat will be ok!
Fire them, then have Barrett cut a promo that involved the nxt rookies getting fired and him being the only one remaining, as per his request/demands... then have Danielson return and kick Barrett's head in!
Old 07-01-10, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Impact has actually been really good thus far
Old 07-02-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
Impact has actually been really good thus far
Actually, it was quite the enjoyable episode. There was some actual angle progression, decent matches and a little bit of Wilde/Rayne rolling around (damn!). I especially like Stevie Richards looking like Stevie and not Stevie the psychiatrist. The ECW angle might be interesting and anything with Raven and Dreamer is okay in my book.
Old 07-02-10, 08:51 AM

How long has it been since TNA used Rhino?