Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

Old 06-14-10, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

I have a feeling this "huge" surprise by TNA that Dixie is hinting is possibly Impact going live every Thursday or maybe they're finally going to be getting out of Universal Studios and running Impact in different cities every week.

As for Slammiversary, it was pretty good...one of the better ppvs this year. Kaz vs. Angle was MOTN IMO, great stuff by both guys.

Sting vs. RVD was a letdown. I wish they had King of the Mountain which is the Slammiversary tradition.

Last edited by sg2386; 06-14-10 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-14-10, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

Old 06-14-10, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think TNA big announcement is they are gonna merge with Half Pint Brawlers and call themselves TNAHBP and they are moving Impact to Tuesday afternoons live from 3-9

Last edited by Deadman31; 06-14-10 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-14-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Assuming Danielson's release is real (and since in storyline-mode he wasn't hired by the WWE anyway, an in-storyline firing makes no sense), will his contract state that he cannot work for rival wrestling promotions, or does a release make that all go away? I've been critical of TNA bringing in outside talent at a whim before, but signing him the week after he spit in the face of the WWE world champ would be pretty big, which doesn't even take into account his wrestling ability. And the anti-WWE promos...
Old 06-14-10, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

yes that is a real ad
Old 06-14-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Assuming Danielson's release is real (and since in storyline-mode he wasn't hired by the WWE anyway, an in-storyline firing makes no sense), will his contract state that he cannot work for rival wrestling promotions, or does a release make that all go away? I've been critical of TNA bringing in outside talent at a whim before, but signing him the week after he spit in the face of the WWE world champ would be pretty big, which doesn't even take into account his wrestling ability. And the anti-WWE promos...
There will be a 90-day no-compete clause regarding anything televised or released on dvd. He could choose to nullify the clause but he'd lose any monies owed to him over the 90 days. Not to mention, the general consensus is that if this is real, he'll be re-hired by WWE once the heat dies down. Not a good idea to just jump ship to TNA and risk burning bridges just to become a jobber like his other former ROH cohorts have wound up becoming.
Old 06-14-10, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I'm way late to this. I really like Daniel Brian/Brian Danielson, so much so that I've sought out some of his ROH stuff. Like many others, I think his release is totally ridiculous. The only reason being is that wrestling, by definition, is a violent product. No, that doesn't mean people need to be set on fire, hit with chairs, or put through tables, but, and I hate to bring this up, this whole product is built around people fighting each other in blood feud after blood feud. You can point to nearly any episode of WWE television, and find an act that is comparable to what Brian did, which just makes this whole thing so hypocritical of WWE. It's one thing if wrestling was trying to be a close approximation of a sport, and focused on a pro-wrestling equivalent of MMA style matches (with stringent rules in place), but it's not. It's a soap opera/drama, with matches being the context of the drama, so it makes sense for an action to sometimes go a bit further to heighten the drama. That is what the whole NXT angle was. If you ask me, I think it was more troubling seeing a pack of men dismantle Cena,CM Punk, and everyone else that was ringside like a pack of wolves, rather than the sole act of the tie strangle.

Man, I dunno. Ususally, I look at how hot and bothered wrestling fans get about the latest incidents as just blowing things out of proportion, but this really has me frustrated. If nothing else, it does make following the events interesting, but I would much rather that stuff be boring, and instead have a great show to watch.

I am a, if not always a Cena fan (I like his character most of the time, he just can get too corny for words every now and then), certainly a Cena appreciator, and it's really cool to see him speak out on this.
Old 06-14-10, 07:35 PM
Banned

BRYAN DANIELSON WWE-UPDATE
By Dave Scherer on 2010-06-14 18:18:26
For what it's worth, people inside the WWE hierarchy are being told that the reason Danielson had to be let go was due to the fact that his choking of Justin Roberts was in violation of the "don't do anything related to Chris Benoit" rule, which Mike Johnson first reported here on the site as the story was breaking on Friday night.

I know everyone is wondering if it's a work or a shoot (trust me, just like we have done record traffic on the site since Friday I have gotten record "what is really happening" emails). That is the nature of the business. If it is a work, WWE is working their own people.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=48320
Old 06-14-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did they just improvise that tie-choking thing then and there or something? I mean, Roberts was definitely in on it, as was the cameraman, and it ended up being one of the most memorable moments in that angle, even before the controversy. And I didn't even think of associating it with Benoit, did anybody else?
Old 06-14-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Did they just improvise that tie-choking thing then and there or something? I mean, Roberts was definitely in on it, as was the cameraman, and it ended up being one of the most memorable moments in that angle, even before the controversy. And I didn't even think of associating it with Benoit, did anybody else?
One of the sites said that most were in on it, its just that someone high up complained
Old 06-14-10, 08:02 PM
Banned

Well, they show Danielson and his kick to Cena's head.
Old 06-14-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
Well, they show Danielson and his kick to Cena's head.
lets see if he shows up
Old 06-14-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

only 7
Old 06-14-10, 08:06 PM
Banned

Awesome promo for the moment.
Old 06-14-10, 08:10 PM
Banned

Great, they just shitted on Danielson with that one comment. Fuck you, WWE.
Old 06-14-10, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

they just mentioned that you will never see from him again
Old 06-14-10, 08:13 PM
Banned

WWF, Bret?
Old 06-14-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"You darn kids get off of my lawn!"
Old 06-14-10, 08:16 PM
Banned

I'm so pissed about the Danielson comment that this will probably be my last Raw in a long time. I've been a fan for 26 years and the way they are blowing this angle just because wrestling happened in a wrestling show just disgust me. WWE, Vince, go fuck yourself.
Old 06-14-10, 08:23 PM

They say that Daniel Bryan showed REMORSE????? And that's y he will NEVER be seen again? And they have mentioned the assault on the ring announcer at least 5 times. I so wanna puke its not even funny.

As far as the Benoit rule, that is absolute, total bullshit! I dont care that this company is public. I dont care that they have a major contract with a major toy company. This is all about getting Linda into office. And FOR WHAT?!? So the McMahon family can put another trophy on their mantel? Linda is gonna be like every other politician, she'll be forced to go with the pack and do what's told of her. And in the meantime, we have to stop every single match that we want to pay 40 bucks to see when some1 bleeds for 5 minutes so we can glue that puppy closed. And we can get rid of any wrestler (unless he sells a bunch of merchandise) if a big, bad, corprate executive from someplace other than wrestling who couldnt understand "wrestling psycology" if it hit him in the face, and probably thinks that every wrestler took steroids and has brain damage like Chris Benoit did, because the only thing he knows about professional wresling, he learned on FOX News and Larry King live when Chris Benoit killed his family and then himself.

And meanwhile, I still insist that Vince was more than happy to be rid of Bryan Danielson b/c he wouldnt have done anything with him b/c he isnt "a prototypical WWE star" and he doesnt understand that we make "movies" in the WWE (and in case you cant read between the lines of my sarcasm, Im pissed he threw Joey Styles off RAW and then off ECW b/c he didnt sound like an entertainer; Joey showed the type of emotion that gives me goosebumps!)

Vince is an asshole. Linda is a wannabe. And where the F is the king and queen in waiting, Steph and the H.

Once again, I want to puke. I dont think there is anything else on, but Im turning this garbage off. If anything happens, knock on the bathroom door and let me know....
Old 06-14-10, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Bret is brutal on the mic now, I still enjoyed his ring work 10 years ago but I dont remeber him being this bad on the mic.
Old 06-14-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Reruns of IASIP are way better.

As much as I blabbered on about not watching anymore, I just had to tune in to see if it was a big swerve. And, unless it's an even bigger one than I was hoping for, they've managed to tank this angle big time. I've already tuned out and unless I read something big, I'm not tuning back in.

I have no more time for Vince's BS and I don't know that I'll even attend the PPV Sunday. (Not that any of my money ever went to the E anyway because I wasn't paying for it, but it's the damn principle.)

Anyone that hasn't bolted yet, are (were) there any signs in the crowd about the situation?
Old 06-14-10, 08:42 PM
Banned

Is ridiculous that Virgil has a job and Danielson doesn't.
Old 06-14-10, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

We get it, you're pissed Danielson is gone. We all are. Enough already.
Old 06-14-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

for fuck sake!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.