Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA April Wrestling Thread: Lockdown & Extreme Rules

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 04-03-10, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would start a new thread for this month, if no one minds I will gladly take over monthly duties for starting each new thread
Old 04-03-10, 07:14 PM

Re: WWE/TNA April Wrestling Thread: Lockdown & Extreme Rules

Hopefully Christopher Daniels is back with ROH for good. He was totally wasted in TNA since Hogan/Bischoff took over
Old 04-03-10, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats what he said in his promo, that i have returned to Ring of Honor. He also came out to his original roh music of 'disposible teens'
Old 04-03-10, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JJE-187 View Post
Hopefully Christopher Daniels is back with ROH for good. He was totally wasted in TNA since Hogan/Bischoff took over
I think Daniels is awesome, and I don't watch RoH, but I sure as hell wouldn't blame him if he asked for his release. To say he's been wasted in the 'new' TNA would be a gross understatement.
Old 04-03-10, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the ROH iPPVs but I wish they could fix the audio...I can barely hear the announcers (just like the last iPPV).

It was awesome to see Daniels show up. I can't wait to see Daniels/Davey Richards.
Old 04-03-10, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cory02 View Post
I love the ROH iPPVs but I wish they could fix the audio...I can barely hear the announcers (just like the last iPPV).

It was awesome to see Daniels show up. I can't wait to see Daniels/Davey Richards.
unless you have speaker issues (or the gofight stream sucks), for how long i had it on,the audio was about as perfect as you could get
Old 04-03-10, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
unless you have speaker issues (or the gofight stream sucks), for how long i had it on,the audio was about as perfect as you could get
Sounds like its mixed wrong because the crowd noise and ring announcer are loud and clear but Kevin Kelly and Prazak are a bit muted.
Old 04-03-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sounds like its mixed wrong because the crowd noise and ring announcer are loud and clear but Kevin Kelly and Prazak are a bit muted.
using headphones at least, i could very easily hear Kelly and Prazak. The production values have greatly improved as well as there weren't any technical fuck ups
Old 04-03-10, 07:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BravesMG View Post
I think Daniels is awesome, and I don't watch RoH, but I sure as hell wouldn't blame him if he asked for his release. To say he's been wasted in the 'new' TNA would be a gross understatement.
^This.

I haven't watched TNA more than 1 or 2 times in the Hogan era, but from everything I've read, Daniels got shit on big time. And I've never watched any RoH, but good for Daniels if he got out of TNA before that whole ship sinks. At least he'll be used for his talent in RoH.
Old 04-03-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

using headphones at least, i could very easily hear Kelly and Prazak. The production values have greatly improved as well as there weren't any technical fuck ups
Its better now.

Nothing better than watching wrestling with actual wrestling matches and angles that make sense.
Old 04-03-10, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

What are some good ROH DVDs?
Old 04-03-10, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
What are some good ROH DVDs?
The DVD that got me hooked on ROH was Epic Encounter II. Its an older show (from 2006) but the main event is an amazing best of 3 falls match between Brian Danielson and Nigel McGuinness. Also a great match with Matt Sydal (now Evan Bourne) and Delirious.
Old 04-04-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

from pwinsider

"
- TNA star Christopher Daniels returned to Ring of Honor last night in Charlotte, NC and challenged Davey Richards to a match. Word at the show was that Daniels has signed on with ROH for a number of dates including the next New York City and Virginia events. The deal is something that was put together just a few days ago.

Daniels cut a promo, saying he has been held back for seven years and now returned to ROH to prove he's the best. No word yet on Daniels' status with TNA but some people in TNA were surprised to see him return at the ROH show."
Old 04-04-10, 11:40 AM

"I haven't watched TNA more than 1 or 2 times in the Hogan era, but from everything I've read, Daniels got shit on big time. And I've never watched any RoH, but good for Daniels if he got out of TNA before that whole ship sinks. At least he'll be used for his talent in RoH."

Before Bischoff and Hogan, Daniels had been terribly misused worse than he is now. As great as he is in the ring, the guy just doesn't have a good look to him and he can't talk that well.
Old 04-04-10, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyko View Post
"I haven't watched TNA more than 1 or 2 times in the Hogan era, but from everything I've read, Daniels got shit on big time. And I've never watched any RoH, but good for Daniels if he got out of TNA before that whole ship sinks. At least he'll be used for his talent in RoH."

Before Bischoff and Hogan, Daniels had been terribly misused worse than he is now. As great as he is in the ring, the guy just doesn't have a good look to him and he can't talk that well.
I remember that gimmick that had him in the mask. That was ridiculous. Before that too much, I don't know/remember. I vaguely remember (whether it was from reading or watching) that at one point, he was pretty big in the X division (when it was him, AJ, and Joe). Is that right?

Well, it sounds like TNA, in general, has been a bad situation for Daniels for some time and didn't get any better with the new regime. Some guys aren't cut out for the talking part. That's why, in the past, having a manager was a viable part of the business. These days, not so much. Not sure why. The role of a manager could "change" so as not to be the Heenan/JJ Dillon type of manager from the old days, but could still be the mouthpiece for a good wrestler. But, in this day and age, they want everyone to not only be good in the ring, but good behind a mic too. Losing some pretty good talent to this type of thinking, the way I see it.
Old 04-04-10, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pwinsider.com confirmed that Daniels was released from TNA last Wednesday and then contacted ROH to join them as soon as possible.
Old 04-04-10, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
Pwinsider.com confirmed that Daniels was released from TNA last Wednesday and then contacted ROH to join them as soon as possible.
my lord... TNA couldnt find something for this talent... geez...

WWE and TNA are so dumb...

if the ratings this week dont look good, what happens then?
Old 04-04-10, 03:48 PM

Daniels was always a fan favorite, even as Curry Man. I loved that gimmick, but it went on way too long. He's one of the best in the ring, and had awesome matches with AJ and Joe. But he's been totally lost in TNA in the past few years. He turned heel and face several times, and a big angle with Sting was just dropped briefly after it was started.

I feel the way I do about his star potential, but he is certainly better than some of the new X-division guys like Spanky and Moore. Maybe there are too many bald white dudes in the company?

I think they need to bring back the stable with a manager. It hasn't been done in a long time and it'll come across as fresh, and I could see the potential for an exciting long-term angle. James Mitchell is too great a talent to let go to waste...
Old 04-04-10, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ROH iPPV was awesome (except for the lucha tag match....that just sucked). The 2 title matches and Kenny King/Davey Richards were probably better than anything on any other PPV this year (except Michaels/Taker from 'Mania, of course).

I'm really excited to see where the storylines go too, not just the chase for the world and tag titles but what develops between Christopher Daniels and Davey Richards. Hopefully Daniels is going to be in ROH full-time since he got released by TNA. I'd love to see ROH keep picking up the people that are misused by TNA (like Daniels and Awesome Kong so far).
Old 04-04-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

ROH iPPV was awesome (except for the lucha tag match....that just sucked). The 2 title matches and Kenny King/Davey Richards were probably better than anything on any other PPV this year (except Michaels/Taker from 'Mania, of course).

I'm really excited to see where the storylines go too, not just the chase for the world and tag titles but what develops between Christopher Daniels and Davey Richards. Hopefully Daniels is going to be in ROH full-time since he got released by TNA. I'd love to see ROH keep picking up the people that are misused by TNA (like Daniels and Awesome Kong so far).
Yeah, i heard about Kong. They also have Petey Williams (as a serious wrestler, not as Steiner's lackey
Old 04-04-10, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, i heard about Kong. They also have Petey Williams (as a serious wrestler, not as Steiner's lackey
I forgot about Petey Williams but he really isn't with ROH full-time and isn't involved in any angles at the moment.
Old 04-04-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Johnathon Coachman is now hosting an NBA show on ESPN
Old 04-04-10, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
Johnathon Coachman is now hosting an NBA show on ESPN
He's done that for a while now. The coach has been with ESPN since he left WWE and usually does NBA on ESPN 2 or late news on ESPNNews. The funny thing is that he has done skits with both Cena and the Rock when they have visited ESPN in Bristol.
Old 04-04-10, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
He's done that for a while now. The coach has been with ESPN since he left WWE and usually does NBA on ESPN 2 or late news on ESPNNews. The funny thing is that he has done skits with both Cena and the Rock when they have visited ESPN in Bristol.
This was the first I'd seen it, but then again I really don't like NBA ball.
Old 04-05-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Team 3D vs MCMG for a no one contenders slot for the tag titles tonight, didn't the mcmg already have the slot by winning ultimate x?

Also my friend told me that Homicide might be done w/tna via a cryptic facebook post saying 'another angel has fallen'

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.