WWE/TNA April Wrestling Thread: Lockdown & Extreme Rules

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE/TNA April Wrestling Thread: Lockdown & Extreme Rules

Old 04-25-10, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
Re: WWE/TNA April Wrestling Thread: Lockdown & Extreme Rules

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally View Post
At this point, with TNA struggling with virtual obscurity, I don't know that they're even worried about getting their own guys over. They're worried about notoriety; getting people to tune in. Bringing Batista aboard would do that. Still not necessarily competition with Vince & Co. numbers, but at least SOME increase in viewership. However, if they can keep doing better product like they did this past week, along with that big name (Batista) type of thing, (not to mention the reformation of TWGTT and/or Team Angle), they may continue to see their ratings creep up.

But if they get Batista and revert to shitting the bed with their writing, it'll just be flinging more poo at the wall and seeing what, if anything, sticks.

Very true. As WCW proved time and again, it doesn't matter how big a name you have if they aren't booked properly.
Old 04-25-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thing might be, if Batista does feel slighted enough to bail on Vince, as much as he wants Dixie's daddy's money, how much would it assuage his ego to think that HE could be the one that started the turnaround (nail in Vince's coffin)? Especially since Angle, Foley, Hardy, Sting, Hogan, et al, didn't do it on their own. Regardless of if TNA starts putting out better product, if Batista jumped aboard the TNA express as their number rose, he'd definitely, at least in his own mind, if not in public, take some of the credit, deserved or not.

I've never been a huge Batista fan, in all of his years, but I think this could be a decent event in the "war", provided TNA keeps putting on good TV (PPV).
Old 04-25-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

An (unintentionally) hilarious match with Jake the Snake Roberts. This is PPV failure of epic proportions, complete with a drunk wrestler and inept commentators. Keep clicking the next parts if you want to see the total trainwreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRHEJ8bMBk&NR=1
Old 04-25-10, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what was the point of the opening segement? Its a street fight, falls count anywhere, Shemus attacks HHH from behind, let them fight,
Old 04-25-10, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
so what was the point of the opening segement? Its a street fight, falls count anywhere, Shemus attacks HHH from behind, let them fight,
I'm also wondering what the point of this segment is. Bad enough to have an unannounced match on the PPV (since you don't get the benefit of hyping it and actually hoping someone buys the PPV to see it) but then the match isn't a title match but sets up a title match on Raw tomorrow.
Old 04-25-10, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well hart dynasty are now no 1 contenders for the title, and Bret Hart came out
Old 04-25-10, 07:34 PM

I wish Teddy Long would have mad The Miz defend the US title instead, have him fight The Big Show for the US title or something. I know the moment the said a Gauntlet for #1 contender ship that The Hart Dynasty was coming out last and was gonna win
Old 04-25-10, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

who's the masked man who attacked Mysterio
Old 04-25-10, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who's the masked man who attacked Mysterio
Joey Mercury (I think)
Old 04-25-10, 08:06 PM
Banned

Let me get this straight: The Shaemus/ Triple H street fight was stopped before it started because Triple H was knocked down in the back? And then we got to see R-Truth, Morisson, MVP and Mark Henry job in a few minutes to Big Show and Miz?
Old 04-25-10, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if anyone is interested, i'm gonna try to do a live radio show broadcast at midnight recapping extreme rules and all the other big mma/boxing stuff from this weekend. its a call in show too. wish me luck
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chewbac...ht-combat-zone
Old 04-25-10, 08:36 PM

I was reading somewhere that Joey mercury was sporting a new bald look so ya i assume it was him
Old 04-25-10, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

The Hart angle got f'd with the lask of the Raw roster last week.

Last week, Bret was supposed to publically announce ShowMiz as the greatest team ever. Of couse, something would've happened there to set up a further angle.

Instead, today's gauntlet had to be thrown together to catch up the storyline?
Old 04-25-10, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Edge/Jericho match seemed to go on too long. I've never been a fan of the heel passing up a chance to win then ultimately losing.
Old 04-25-10, 10:04 PM

That ending to Batista v Cena was childish and heelish. I know WWE wanted to make Batista look stupid in his last night but god that was pathetic
Old 04-25-10, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JJE-187 View Post
That ending to Batista v Cena was childish and heelish. I know WWE wanted to make Batista look stupid in his last night but god that was pathetic
Batista jobbed to duct tape while Striker put Cena over as the smartest wrestler ever. As a bonus, Cena looked like he was having trouble working the duct tape so he just said "screw it, thats enough."
Old 04-25-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

that has to be the funniest finish I can ever recall seeing.
Old 04-25-10, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You have to hand it to the WWE...they know how to bury someone when they are (potentially) leaving the company.
Old 04-25-10, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, did the finish to the Edge/Jericho match seem a little anti climatic? ALso idk, but it looked like the spear was botched a bit too
Old 04-25-10, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also, did the finish to the Edge/Jericho match seem a little anti climatic? ALso idk, but it looked like the spear was botched a bit too
That's what happens after all the false finishes. Its one thing to have a series of near-falls to build the suspense, but having false finishes to just extend the match (like Jericho walking onto the steps then going back in the ring, trying to climb out reaaallllyyy slowly, etc) makes the match drag.
Old 04-25-10, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I've never been a huge fan of cage matches, but tonight was still kind of a let down. For example, many times Jericho could have easily won the match by simply walking out the door. Not to mention the spot when he was almost out the door but instead continued the match.

I know these cages are a former shell of what they used to be, but when the height of the cage is so low, it really looks silly when it takes Jericho forever to climb out of it. It was very clear he was stalling multiple times for Edge to grab him. Many times he was just hanging by the top, waiting for Edge to come over.

The tag team gauntlet match was no surprise. Seriously, why have ShowMiz beat 2 other teams? Why not just have The Hart Dynasty come out to begin with? It doesn't even make any sense. Teddy Long punished ShowMiz by adding teams, so this was an improv match. If so, why were so many tag teams just waiting backstage in their wrestling gear? What if Miz didn't run his mouth? Would they just pack up and go home? Also, way to screw over your PAYING audience by having the title match be on Raw rather then the PPV.
Old 04-26-10, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Me and my buddy doin a show during extreme rules. I think it went very well
<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.adobe.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="210" height="105" name="1026147" id="1026147"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/btrplayer.swf?file=http://www.blogtalkradio.com%2Fh3llhathnofury%2Fplay_list.xml%3Fshow_id%3D1026147&autostart=false&bufferlength=5&volume=80&corner=rounded&callback=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/flashplayercallback.aspx" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <param name="menu" value="false" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/btrplayer.swf" flashvars="file=http://www.blogtalkradio.com%2fh3llhathnofury%2fplay_list.xml%3Fshow_id%3D1026147&autostart=false&volume=80&corner=rounded&callback=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/flashplayercallback.aspx&width=215&height=108" width="215" height="108" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" quality="high" name="1026147" id="1026147" wmode="transparent" menu="false" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Old 04-26-10, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim View Post
Again, a tip of my cap to TNA for having the guts to rapidly change direction, but boo to all of you acting like they have been improving for weeks. Right now to me, last week was a fluke. I hope TNA can prove me wrong.
Exactly. The product was shit several weeks in a row before last week. I have hopes they can fix it, but they are good at dashing hopes. Mickie might find a place with TNA. Daffney and Angelina both got injured and they don't seem interested in using Taylor Wilde so they might need her.
Old 04-26-10, 01:56 AM

so the "street fight" took place in the ring, and you had to get the pin in the ring? the extreme rules match seemed like a regular match.. only weapons used were the belt and a chair.. and why couldn't jericho walk down the steps touch the floor win the match, walk back into the cage and continue to kick edges ass? that made no sence.. i'll let all the stalling on the top of the cage waiting for edge pass.. thats fine.. but him walking back in was just dumb!

If Batistas on his way out, why would he agree with doing something like that? made him look like a chump.
Old 04-26-10, 02:10 AM

I liked the finish to the Batista/Cena match. Reminded me of the Savage/Kona Crush match several years back.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.