Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH DECEMBER Wrestling Discussion (TLC/Final Resolution)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 12-01-09, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last wrestling thread of the year! Let's hope we get to go out with a bang. Here's the PPV's for the month.

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs - December 13, 2009
TNA Final Resolution - December 20, 2009

Feel free to post your favorites from the year 2009 as well. Wrestlers, matches, etc...
Old 12-01-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Re: WWE/TNA/ROH DECEMBER Wrestling Discussion (TLC/Final Resolution)

Hoping TLC is a decent PPV... it has a chance to be awesome if Cena drops the belt to Sheamus and if the ECW title match lives up to expectations.
Old 12-01-09, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the ROH people
December 1st: For those of you who can’t be with us in New York, but have already purchased the “Final Battle 2009” iPPV at GoFightLive.tv, we want to wish you a huge thank you! We are very excited about partnering up with GoFightLive, and making this first step into iPPV a successful one! If you can’t be at the event live, you too can now see it as it unfolds. At $14.95 ($12.95 for pre-orders), it is reasonably priced and will bring the action directly to you! Between the live attendance and iPPV, this could potentially be the most watched live event in company history!

Its essentially an internet stream of the event with 3 cameras goin, and live commentary.
Old 12-01-09, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
for the ROH people
December 1st: For those of you who can’t be with us in New York, but have already purchased the “Final Battle 2009” iPPV at GoFightLive.tv, we want to wish you a huge thank you! We are very excited about partnering up with GoFightLive, and making this first step into iPPV a successful one! If you can’t be at the event live, you too can now see it as it unfolds. At $14.95 ($12.95 for pre-orders), it is reasonably priced and will bring the action directly to you! Between the live attendance and iPPV, this could potentially be the most watched live event in company history!

Its essentially an internet stream of the event with 3 cameras goin, and live commentary.
I don't even watch ROH, but I might order this just to vote with my wallet and show support for the idea. For years I've been wondering why WWE doesn't offer a reasonably-priced, high-quality internet stream of their PPVs. $40 is way too much for 3 hours of entertainment.
Old 12-01-09, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is no way that Cena drops to Sheamus and if he did then it would be lost on the next Raw. You can already see the direction they are going they are trying to make Cena more hated then he is and him winning only helps that along they are tired of the 50/50 reaction he gets a lot. I've been watching Raw lately not gonna say it's good but watchable and somewhat entertaining plus HBK/HHH make me laugh sometimes you need a little dumb humor. That face Shaun was making when trips was looking at him after Shaun kicked him at survivor series was hilarious.
Old 12-01-09, 09:44 PM
Banned

TNA Genesis PPV spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 12-01-09, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps View Post
I don't even watch ROH, but I might order this just to vote with my wallet and show support for the idea. For years I've been wondering why WWE doesn't offer a reasonably-priced, high-quality internet stream of their PPVs. $40 is way too much for 3 hours of entertainment.
If ROH doesn't fuck it up (ie have a bad stream, missed cues, bad matches ect), this will really help them in the long run, and they are planning on doing more of these if this one is a sucess.
Here's the card as it looks right now
ROH World Title Match
Austin Aries/Colt Cabana Winner defends vs. Tyler Black

World Tag Team Title Match
The American Wolves defend vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

Grudge Tag Team Match
Jack Evans & Rocky Romero vs. Teddy Hart & Alex Koslov

Tag Team Rematch
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks

Pick 6 Series - Special Challenge Match
(3) Roderick Strong vs. Kenny King

Scheduled to appear:
-The Necro Butcher
-Steve Corino
-Kenny Omega
-Erick Stevens
-Rhett Titus

Additional talent lineup and matches will be announced in upcoming weeks!!!
There is also a rumored Chris Hero/Eddie Kingston match as well, hoping for a fight without honor, since they've built up the feud for a while now
I also really like the poster they made too

Last edited by Rypro 525; 12-01-09 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-02-09, 10:05 AM
Banned

WWE Comics. For real.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=43363

They look as shitty as they sound.
Old 12-02-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wow... those comics look dumb. I won't lie though... if WWE had something crazy where knights, zombies and cheetahs attacked the locker room I'd watch.
Old 12-02-09, 10:38 AM
Banned

Old 12-02-09, 01:30 PM

I am the one what??? don't tell me he's gonna be the "one" to beat undertaker at mania.. nooooooooooooo
Old 12-02-09, 06:43 PM
Banned

According to Pwinsider.com, WWE may drop the ECW brand and just rename the show. They still don't know what exactly to do. They also mention that Smackdown may go through some change too.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=43378

Vince and co really don't know their business anymore. ECW dip in ratings fall squarely on Vince's decision to water down the brand and take it as far away to what it was originally. Smackdown is doing just fine, with the exception that they are in a channel no one watches. I just hope that TNA keeps building their momentum and really hurt WWE next year. Dixie Carter seems to be listening to fans and that's how you improve your product. It's what we want, not what Vince wants to jam down our throats.
Old 12-02-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
WWE Comics. For real.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=43363

They look as shitty as they sound.
The Kane/UT origin story looks passable, but WTF with the rest?
Old 12-02-09, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Dixie Carter seems to be listening to fans and that's how you improve your product. It's what we want, not what Vince wants to jam down our throats.
Bringing in crappy old wrestlers isn't what most people want. TNA has never been a threat and never will be, they are a mess of an organization. WWE has been pretty bad also but TNA can't consistently beat ECW in the ratings much less compete against Smackdown or RAW. WWE has shown that they can create new stars like MIZ, Morrison, Kofi Kingston and Sheamus. TNA hasn't shown they can do that.
Old 12-03-09, 12:23 AM

I would like to see ECW stick around, as it's the most consistenly entertaining wrestling show for me personally. Certainly more so than Raw, which is consistently terrible.
Old 12-03-09, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's what we want, not what Vince wants to jam down our throats.
I don't 100% agree with this. I don't think success can come just by catering to the die-hard fan, otherwise everyone would be watching RoH.

They need to find the ingredients that appeal to a wide audience while at the same time don't insult the sensibilities of the core audience. I think the issue is that they have lost the knack for putting their fingers on the pulse of what will be popular, something they did well with in the late 80's and mastered in the late 90's.

I will say Verne Troyer is NOT what either audience wants to see.

I agree with your hope that TNA does pull itself up to challenge WWE and not be content with scraps. It was Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan that repositioned WCW in the mid 90's in a very similar way. Maybe they can do it again. Vince is best when his back is against the wall.

It is entirely possible that the wrestling business has become so exposed that the Attitude Era was the business' last gasp before becoming irrelevant. Maybe there is no hope beyond the core audience.
Old 12-03-09, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

According to Pwinsider.com, WWE may drop the ECW brand and just rename the show. They still don't know what exactly to do. They also mention that Smackdown may go through some change too.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=43378

Vince and co really don't know their business anymore. ECW dip in ratings fall squarely on Vince's decision to water down the brand and take it as far away to what it was originally. Smackdown is doing just fine, with the exception that they are in a channel no one watches. I just hope that TNA keeps building their momentum and really hurt WWE next year. Dixie Carter seems to be listening to fans and that's how you improve your product. It's what we want, not what Vince wants to jam down our throats.
The guest host crap is for the birds! If I wanted to watch unfunny, lame ass skits, I would watch SNL. Vince has no clue what the wrestling world wants to see. I've watched less wrestling this year since I was a kid in the late 70's.
Old 12-03-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For the most part, when wrestling legends have hosted, I have enjoyed it. Maybe that's just me though.
Old 12-03-09, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim View Post
For the most part, when wrestling legends have hosted, I have enjoyed it. Maybe that's just me though.
They've been much much better then whatever random celebrity they have plugging some new product or somebody that absolutely nobody on the planet cares about.
Old 12-04-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Uh, Umaga is apparently in the hospital and close to death, or has already died.

From PWTorch:

UPDATED 1:35 p.m. and 1:50 p.m.

According to several sources, PWTorch has been told that friends and fellow wrestlers have been told that former WWE star Umaga (Eddie Fatu) was found dead today by his wife. Another source says he is hospitalized in grave condition on life support awaiting his family arriving to be with him.

ProWrestling.net has reported that a family member has said reports of his death were premature. Multiple sources say his situation is "extremely serious" and "grave" and that family members are being told to rush to the hospital.

The suspicion is prescription pills is the cause, as Umaga was reportedly found bleeding from his nose and mouth.

We have also learned that WWE will be issuing a statement later today or this weekend once information is released by his family.

Umaga was released from his WWE contract in June after failing WWE's Wellness Policy for the second time. He was on the Hulkamania Tour in Australia that just concluded last weekend.

Mr. Kennedy (Ken Anderson) was on the Australian Tour and posted a brief note on Twitter: "Say a prayer for my boy Umaga."

[Umaga art credit Joe Borzotta (c) PWTorch]
From PWI:

Former WWE Intercontinental champion and one-time Wrestlemania headliner Eddie "Umaga" Fatu is hospitalized in a ICU unit in Houston, Texas. There have been reports making their way among wrestlers that Fatu has died and/or is brain dead but sources close to Anoia family will only confirm that he is hospitalized at this time. A WWE source, when contacted, noted that the company was aware and that it was a "grave situation."
From F4W/Observer:

Edward Fatu, 36, is hospitalized in Houston and in what was described as life threatening condition by a long-time friend.

His family was told to come into town as quickly as possible. Family members have been told they believe he suffered a heart attack.

Details are sketchy at this point but he apparently fell asleep last night while watching television, and several hours later, his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose and he was rushed to the hospital.
Old 12-04-09, 02:33 PM
Banned

Just read that after Tori Wilson posted something on Twitter. Really sad. He just came back from the tour with Hogan in Australia.
Old 12-04-09, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bryan Alvarez just said the following on the F4W board:

No one knows what it was yet.

He is off life support and not in a good way. Appears to be just a matter of time at this point.

Last edited by Brent L; 12-04-09 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-04-09, 05:59 PM
Banned

Umaga has passed away:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/12849630
Old 12-04-09, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Another wrestler is his 30's. Geez.

edit: IDK why but WWE saying when he was 'terminated' rubs me wrong.
Old 12-04-09, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So was it an overdose? Any more details coming out yet?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.