Reload this Page >

WWECW, TNA & ROH 7/21-27: Same as it ever was

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 07-21-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Great American Bash is in the books, and it looks like we're building up to a repeat of the Raw matches at Summerslam. Jericho & Michaels, JBL & Cena, Punk & Batista (with the addition of Kane to the mix).

ROH has their next PPV taping this Saturday night in Detroit, MI. Announced so far are:

The ROH champion, be it Nigel McGuinness or Kevin Steen, will defend the title against Claudio Castiagnoli

Bryan Danielson vs. ROH World Tag Team Champion Tyler Black

Chris Hero & Go Shiozaki with Larry Sweeney vs. Roderick Strong & Naomichi Marufuji

Also, Lance Storm will make a special appearance.

ROH has declined to announce any more matches for the card, preferring to keep it as a surprising "anything can happen" atmosphere. This card may very well end up being the next in the "Unscripted" series.

Over in TNA.... hell, I don't know. Anyone want to cover that for me?
Old 07-21-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was happy with the Shelton/Hardy match last night....Also from last Monday, I loved Santino when he was talking to Kane...."Maybe you should check the Pepsi machine..."
Old 07-21-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shelton finally made his way back up to second tier status!
Old 07-21-08, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, how bad will Punk get his ass kicked tonight by Batista and Kane?
Old 07-21-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty awesome promo from Jericho here...
Old 07-21-08, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

D'LO!! I hope they start a new Nation of Domination.
Old 07-21-08, 09:47 PM

I marked out like a motherfucker when I heard D'Lo Brown's music hit! It's great to see him back. He wasn't bobbling his head though. Maybe he got out of practice competing in Japan. They'll most likely start jobbing him out next week, but it's nice seeing him again.
Old 07-21-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It would have been awesome if he was wearing the chest protector.
Old 07-21-08, 10:00 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well these fans are sitting on there hands. Punk needs to turn heel the fans are just not buying his title run.
Old 07-21-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

what a load of shit the main event ending was. They want us to buy Punk as wanting to legitimize his title reign and have it not be a fluke, but yet, have JBL run in in order to set up what i assume will be JBL vs Punk and Batista vs Cena for summerslam. Would it have been that bad to have Batista being beaten clean by Punk?
Old 07-21-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
I marked out like a motherfucker when I heard D'Lo Brown's music hit! It's great to see him back. He wasn't bobbling his head though. Maybe he got out of practice competing in Japan. They'll most likely start jobbing him out next week, but it's nice seeing him again.
I fell asleep watching Raw, but I can't believe I missed this!! Why in the heck would he not do the head bobbing?
Old 07-21-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by BravesMG
Pretty awesome promo from Jericho here...
Absolutely. That was heel gold.
Old 07-21-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
When's the last time Batista has been pinned clean by anyone? I honestly don't remember. He is apparently quite the diva backstage now.
He seems like he's been the bitch for both Undertaker and Edge, I can't remember winning a match against either of those guys. I can see why he wouldn't want to come out losing a feud again, but they really should have put Punk in there with a guy they were going to let him get some clean wins on.
Old 07-22-08, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was just sheer idiotic to put Punk against Batista in his first title fued.

Yeah, let's put the new kid against one of our most popular faces! You already can hear the crowd turning on him.
Old 07-22-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It only made sense for Batista to challenge first, since he was the one who really won Punk the title.

By the way, with all the chaos between Punk, Batista, Kane, Cena, and JBL, anyone else think there's a chance Orton could return and we'd get an Elimination Chamber match at SummerSlam?

I know we just had two in February, but there seems to be no other clear BIG main event for SummerSlam. And I doubt it will be Cena/Batista, since I think they're going to wisely save that for WM.
Old 07-22-08, 10:00 PM

I can't see Punk VS JBL drawing any fans. JBL should be shining Punk's boots, not challenging him for the title.
Old 07-22-08, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
I fell asleep watching Raw, but I can't believe I missed this!! Why in the heck would he not do the head bobbing?
At one point after he was celebrating his win, it looked like he might have been trying to bob the head back and forth, but couldn't do it...lol
He did his trademark leg drop and his 'Lo Down frog splash. He didn't do the Sky High though.
Old 07-22-08, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was a pretty entertaining four-way match on ECW.
Old 07-22-08, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
By the way, with all the chaos between Punk, Batista, Kane, Cena, and JBL, anyone else think there's a chance Orton could return and we'd get an Elimination Chamber match at SummerSlam?
I've been thinking about that myself. If not Orton, maybe Jericho will HBK "recovers".
Old 07-23-08, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Smackdown title match for SummerSlam will be
Spoiler:
HHH v. the Great Khali. facepalm to the max
Old 07-23-08, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
The Smackdown title match for SummerSlam will be
Spoiler:
HHH v. the Great Khali. facepalm to the max
Let me guess...this is where Hunter might go in and have at least a mediocre match with him. Then we'll all be expected to accept HHH as being the modern day Ric Flair. Sort of akin to when Flair wrestled El Gigante.
Me thinks that the Summerslam upper card is stinking to high heaven.You've got this one, JBL vs Punk if they go on with that but...if that one is a go then Cena vs Batista will actually be pushed as Raw's main event since CM Punk doesn't = money in WWE's eyes. How you can expect any fan to get excited about a main event that features JBL is a mystery to pretty much anyone with half a brain. Then on ECW...anything that features Mark Henry is a guaranteed shitfest.
This is quickly shaping up to be one of the weakest Summerslam cards I've ever seen save for 1995 when Diesel and Mabel put 18,000 fans in Pittsburgh to sleep.
Old 07-24-08, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

to movieexchange
Lance Storm, a champion in WWE, WCW and ECW, will be in attendance both nights and he will be available for autographs. Storm will be playing an important role behind the scenes helping out the roster. He will also be involved in both the Toronto and Detroit live events including the PPV itself in Detroit. What role will he play on the shows? We'll find out tomorrow in Toronto and in two days in Detroit. What will happen when Lance Storm returns to ROH?

July 24th: THIS SATURDAY IS ROH'S LAST SHOW IN DETROIT IN 2008. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts ROH will not be able to return to Detroit until 2009. Don't miss your last chance to see ROH this year in Motown. We plan to go out with a bang with the PPV taping.

July 24th: The unpredictable nature of ROH's PPVs and the uncertain status of the World Title since it will be defended in Toronto does not make it possible to announce more matches for ROH's pay-per-view taping on Saturday in Detroit. So far ROH is 7-for-7 in delivering on PPV so you know you are guaranteed to see great and intriguing match ups in Motown. There will also be a non-PPV bout involving Kenny Omega. The main event will also be another non-PPV match and it will be something unique. The first ever Honor Rumble will take place!!! It will have a very similar format to WWE's Royal Rumble. The fans of Virginia will have to watch this Detroit main event closely. Why?
Old 07-24-08, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No return until 09? BOOOOOO!!!!!!! Hopefully they already have a date booked so I can grab tix when I go on Saturday.

They've said that Storm won't be wrestling, which is a shame.
Old 07-24-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't think this was posted this week so here it is. How's this for funny and ironic? I believe he was hit in the head with a beer bottle.

YONKERS - A gathering for professional wrestlers turned raucous at a quiet north Yonkers restaurant off the Saw Mill Parkway Sunday night when the wrestler known as "The Sandman" began throwing glasses at employees.

Employees at La Lanterna, 23 Grey Oak Ave., called Yonkers police at 9:45 p.m. and when they arrived James Fullington, 45, aka "The Sandman" was still flinging glasses from a tray at employees, Yonkers police Capt. Daniel Daly said today.

As police moved in to stop him, the 6 foot 4 inch and 280 pound Fullington threw several glasses at the officers.

Two police officers, Jessica O'Dell and Frank McDonald of the First Precinct, suffered cuts to the hands and arms.

Fullington, a resident of Wayne, Pa., was finally subdued by police and charged with second-degree assault, a felony, third-degree criminal mischief, a felony, second-degree reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor, and resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.

Yonkers police Lt. Diane Hessler, a spokesperson for the department, said Fullington was taken to the county jail in Valhalla for psychiatric evaluation.

http://lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...210392/-1/news...

Wrestler arrested in restaurant in NYC suburb

3 hours ago

YONKERS, N.Y. (AP) A gathering for professional wrestlers at a suburban New York City restaurant ended with the arrest of a wrestler known as "The Sandman."

Yonkers police say that when officers arrived at the restaurant Sunday night, 45-year-old James "The Sandman" Fullington was flinging glasses from a tray at employees.

A police spokeswoman says the 6-foot-4-inch, 280-pound Fullington also threw several glasses at police, injuring two officers.

Charges against Fullington include felony second-degree assault. The Wayne, Pa., resident has been ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation. There was no phone listing available for either Fullington or his wife.

Fullington wrestled in Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment.

The AP
Old 07-25-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Triple H vs Khali at Summerslam? Are they retarded?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.