DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   Don Mattingly's Ex Goes Bonkers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/524425-don-mattinglys-ex-goes-bonkers.html)

derekjet 02-05-08 04:47 PM

Don Mattingly's Ex Goes Bonkers

Sad stuff. Would never think this could be happening in Donnie Baseball's world.

--------------------

EVANSVILLE, Ind. - The estranged wife of Los Angeles Dodgers coach Don Mattingly was arrested and charged with public intoxication and disorderly conduct after police say she refused to leave his property in Indiana.

Police arrested 45-year-old Kim Mattingly after they were called to the home of the former Yankee first baseman to investigate reports of a person refusing to leave on Saturday, a probable cause affidavit said. The affidavit, signed by a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Deputy Chad Howard, said she smelled of alcohol and screamed at officers.

The couple filed for divorce in November on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. The divorce has not been finalized, and no further action has been taken.

Kim Mattingly was released from the Vanderburgh County Jail after posting $50 bond shortly after her arrest and made her first court appearance Monday on the charges. She is scheduled to appear next on March 3.

Her lawyer, Angela Freel, did not return a telephone call seeking comment.

Kim Mattingly told investigators that Don Mattingly had taken her phone and she wanted it back, the affidavit said. Police spoke to Mattingly, who said he did not have the phone.

Police had told her not to go to the house earlier in the day, Howard said in the affidavit.

On Monday, Don Mattingly filed for a protective order against his wife, which the court granted. In the petition, Mattingly cited three examples of his wife appearing at his home, including an incident on Jan. 22 during which she tried to kick down his door.

Mattingly, who grew up and lives in Evansville, cited family reasons when the Dodgers announced last month that he would serve as special assignment coach for the 2008 season instead of hitting coach.

A former AL MVP during 14 seasons with the Yankees from 1982-95, Mattingly spent the past four seasons as a coach under Joe Torre. After losing out to Joe Girardi for the Yankees' manager job, Mattingly followed Torre to the Dodgers.

VinVega 02-05-08 09:58 PM

Donnie Baseball was my childhood hero. My Dad knew I idolized Mattingly growing up and my Dad's friend, who had access to Mattingly briefly, had him sign a note to me and my wife which he framed and my Dad presented me at our wedding. He could have blown that off since the Yanks were in the middle of a playoff series at the time, but he took the time out to write the note. Very classy.

It's really sad to hear this kind of stuff. :(

NotThatGuy 02-05-08 10:16 PM

nice story.....as long as we all recognize: Keith H >>> Donnie M

tommy28 02-06-08 05:56 AM

45-years-old , WOW!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/ph...2/35258732.jpg

Thrush 02-06-08 07:34 AM

Shes done some hard livin.

coli 02-06-08 08:14 AM

Tom Brady gets Giselle, Tony Romo gets Jessica Simpson, and Donny Baseball got that?

Pharoh 02-06-08 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by coli
Tom Brady gets Giselle, Tony Romo gets Jessica Simpson, and Donny Baseball got that?

He's not Keith Hernandez.

Mopower 02-06-08 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by coli

I'm sure "Donny" was banging hotties what...20 years ago? Yeah that's your answer. He's old as fuck.

coli 02-06-08 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mopower
I'm sure "Donny" was banging hotties what...20 years ago? Yeah that's your answer. He's old as fuck.

rotfl

Hey, Gifford was getting Kathy Lee when he was like 60? Sure, she is annoying, but that was pretty good for a guy collecting Social Security!

mphtrilogy 02-06-08 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by VinVega
Donnie Baseball was my childhood hero. My Dad knew I idolized Mattingly growing up and my Dad's friend, who had access to Mattingly briefly, had him sign a note to me and my wife which he framed and my Dad presented me at our wedding. He could have blown that off since the Yanks were in the middle of a playoff series at the time, but he took the time out to write the note. Very classy.

It's really sad to hear this kind of stuff. :(

Ditto to that, I loved Donnie B-Ball.

I guess the Yanks really took the right route going with Girardi, this would be a real mess in the NY Media.

Good Luck Donnie, I hope it all works out for you.

cdollaz 02-06-08 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by tommy28

Damn!!! That will curl your toes.

lotsofdvds 02-07-08 02:15 PM

I would not hit it.

dieinafire 02-11-08 03:10 PM

I wouldn't fuck this chick with a stolen dick.

cleaver 02-12-08 09:47 AM

I think I found her soulmate.
http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2000/0825/photo/a_vc2.jpg