Washington at Seattle4:30 PMNBCQwest Field
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh8:00 PMNBCHeinz Field

Sunday, January 6th, 2008
TEAMSTIME (ET)TVLOCATION
NY Giants at Tampa Bay1:00 PMFOXRaymond James Stadium
Tennessee at San Diego4:30 PMCBSQualcomm Stadium
Old 12-31-07, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Ravens have fired Brian Billick, according to Jay Glazer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...0813162&ATT=5#
Old 12-31-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
The Ravens have fired Brian Billick, according to Jay Glazer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...0813162&ATT=5#
Also, Randy Mueller is out as GM of the Dolphins, per the Miami Herald, and they also say that Cam Cameron will likely be fired this week.

http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_...ry/362372.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/362149.html

Last edited by Mad Dawg; 12-31-07 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-31-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow. Maybe Billick will go to Miami now.
Old 12-31-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow. Cam out in Miami. Well that was a "do or die"
Old 12-31-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

WILD CARD WEEKEND
Saturday, January 5th, 2008
TEAMS TIME (ET) TV LOCATION
Washington at Seattle 4:30 PM NBC Qwest Field
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 8:00 PM NBC Heinz Field

Sunday, January 6th, 2008
TEAMS TIME (ET) TV LOCATION
NY Giants at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX Raymond James Stadium
Tennessee at San Diego 4:30 PM CBS Qualcomm Stadium

My calls......

Seattle will keep passing the ball, Washington will punish them for it. Collins will continue to make safe and sound throws and Washington will come away with the win.

(Winner: Washington)

Jacksonville will use Jones-Drew and Taylor to pound the ball. With Willie Parker out, the Steelers won't have an answer for this, making Big Ben air the ball out more than he'd like to. It will be a close game, but Jacksonville will get the Win.

(Winner: Jacksonville)

Giants vs Bucs. Much harder game to call. I think this one comes down to which Eli Manning shows up. If he doesn't make the smart choices, they stand no chance against the Bucs defense. I expect the Giants to manage to squeeze this win out, but just barely.

(Winner: Giants)

Chargers vs Titans. Honestly, why bother? Norv Turner may be an idiot, but the Titans simply don't have the weapons to go against the Chargers and with Vince Young hurt, it could be a very long day for the Titans offense.

(Winner: Chargers)
Old 12-31-07, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll take Washington in the (semi) upset. I'm trying to decide if I'm pulling for Green Bay or Washington in the NFC.

I'll take Jax. They are the better team and Pittsburgh has looked just awful many times this year. I predict Jax to run away with this one.

Giants over Tampa. Eli looked good agains the Pats. I think he'll be able to keep it up and win a playoff game. If the Giants lose is that it for Coughlin?

San Diego over Tennessee. The Titans got a lucky playoff bid. I just don't think they're that good of a team. I would like to see Vince Young play well though. I predict San Diego in a one sided game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I predicted correctly the divisional playoff games will be:

Jax at NE
SD at Indy

Wash at Dallas
Giants at GB

and those should be four very fun games to watch.

Last edited by Goat3001; 12-31-07 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-31-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Buccaneers over the Giants. Eli never has 2 good games in a row. Jacksonville over Pitt. Titans over San Diego will be my lone pick for the upset. Seattle easily over the Redskins, I think they'll probably go to the NFC championship game.
Old 01-02-08, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk God

It would be hilarious if they had to black out the Bucs game in Tampa due to the Bucs lame ticket-sales policy.....

PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM

CAN BEGGARS BE CHOOSERS?
Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2008, 7:43 a.m.
As Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star Ledger reveals, and as this link confirms, tickets to the not-yet-sold-out Giants-Bucs game in Tampa can only be purchased by Florida residents.

The entry page to the team’s official web site, which shouts to the world “BUCCANEERS PLAYOFF TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!” leads to the link that restricts the “ON SALE NOW!” proclamation to credit cards with Florida billing addresses.

We’ve seen this phenomenon in the past with teams like the Bears and the Chargers. (As Garafolo notes, however, there is no address restriction for this year’s San Diego home playoff game.) But when a team can’t sell out its home stadium, should the team be preventing folks from any of the other 49 states from coming to town?

Besides, the tickets aren’t cheap. As of this posting, the best available sets are $350 each.

So if the folks in Tampa ultimately can’t watch the game on television, they can blame it in part on the refusal of the franchise to allow people not in Florida to attend the game in person.

And the irony is that the game will be televised in all of those locations from which purchasers of tickets are not welcome, regardless of whether the game is aired in Tampa.

Finally, how does FOX feel about a ticket restriction that might contribute to a blackout? A week after FOX had its nose out of joint for not getting a crack at the Pats-Giants simulcast, the playoff game assigned to FOX for the wild-card weekend might not be permitted to air in the home team’s market.

Our suggestion? The league should require a home team that discriminates on the basis of address to guarantee a sellout, and to purchase any remaining tickets and give them to local underprivileged children for free.
Old 01-02-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
It would be hilarious if they had to black out the Bucs game in Tampa due to the Bucs lame ticket-sales policy.....

While it is true the game would have sold out if out of staters could get tickets. But that is not the main problem. The main problem is the season ticket holders have to buy ALL the playoff tickets or none. Since there is a chance that the NFC chapionship game could be in Tampa (very unlikely) ticket holders have to pay for those tickets as well. If there is no game, they don't get a refund, the money goes to next years tickets.

My friend has decent seats, refused to buy the playoff set for $840 and bought a couple of seats off of tickemaster for $190
Old 01-02-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah - the Skins had the same rule when they last hosted a playoff game in 1999. You had to buy 2 games in advance and they'd hold the money for next year.

Still - like you said - you could always pass on the seats and then buy via ticketmaster.

So btwn the 2-game requirement and the FL-only ticketmaster sale, it's 2 stupid policies.
Old 01-03-08, 07:36 AM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah - the Skins had the same rule when they last hosted a playoff game in 1999. You had to buy 2 games in advance and they'd hold the money for next year.

Still - like you said - you could always pass on the seats and then buy via ticketmaster.

So btwn the 2-game requirement and the FL-only ticketmaster sale, it's 2 stupid policies.
As of this morning, the Bucs game is still not sold out. The sports radio jockies are complaining about the fans down here. It's pretty funny to listen to. As a Giants fan, they better hurry up and sell out. I want to watch the game. My buddy wanted me to go with him for club seats, but they were $250 a pop. After paying off X-Mas and my house getting painted, it's a bit much for my wallet at this point.
Old 01-03-08, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk God

$250 a ticket is a lot. The $250 would probably be better served down the street at the Mons.
Old 01-03-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

The Bucs have apparently lifted that ticketmaster restriction.

Meanwhile, the Bolts haven't yet achieved a sell out. They'll probably get there though - they are about 1,000 short.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...s3chnotes.html

By Jay Posner

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
January 3, 2008

Here's something that might surprise most Chargers fans: Sunday's wild-card playoff game is not yet sold out.

In fact, approximately 1,000 tickets must be sold by 1:30 p.m. today in order for the local television blackout to be lifted – although the Chargers could (and certainly would) apply for a 24-hour extension.

“Since we've been sold out for 2½ years people probably thought they weren't available,” said Jim Steeg, Chargers executive vice president and COO.

Steeg also noted that season-ticket holders were required to buy postseason tickets by Dec. 3, at which time the Chargers were 7-5 and hardly guaranteed of qualifying for the playoffs.

Tickets can be purchased at Chargers.com or Ticketmaster.com. Nonclub-level seats are priced from $100 to $135; the prices are $285-$405 on the club level.
Old 01-04-08, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

The Titans are now the walking wounded. They have lost Roydel Williams (tied for lead in receptions) to a broken leg bone from Wednesday's practice. He joins Bo Scaife (leading Tight End) who suffered a liver laceration in the game at Indy. Young should be able to play, but maybe not. Add in the bad news of Lendale's grandmother passing away.

This could be a long game for the Titans.
Old 01-04-08, 04:58 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RandyC
The Titans are now the walking wounded. They have lost Roydel Williams (tied for lead in receptions) to a broken leg bone from Wednesday's practice. He joins Bo Scaife (leading Tight End) who suffered a liver laceration in the game at Indy. Young should be able to play, but maybe not. Add in the bad news of Lendale's grandmother passing away.

This could be a long game for the Titans.
As a Pats fan I'm hoping to see them win... I'd hate to face Jacksonville.
Old 01-04-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
As a Pats fan I'm hoping to see them win... I'd hate to face Jacksonville.
Agree, although I can't see the Jags being able to score enough to win a game against the Pats. I mean they're going to need to put up at least like 30 pts, and not sure they'll be able to do sustain the drives to do it.

They couldn't beat Indy, I don't think they can beat the Pats.
Old 01-04-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck Tennessee and Jacksonville. I hope they both get slaughtered.
Old 01-04-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn! The Charger game still hasn't sold out! How do we sellout 2.5 years, and now can't sell out a playoff game? Oh well, only 350 tickets remaining so it should sellout by the 1:30 deadline.
Old 01-04-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

With that few tickets remaining, I'm sure the local CBS affiliate would buy up the remainder if it came to that.
Old 01-04-08, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by slymer
Damn! The Charger game still hasn't sold out! How do we sellout 2.5 years, and now can't sell out a playoff game? Oh well, only 350 tickets remaining so it should sellout by the 1:30 deadline.

Rain.
Old 01-04-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk God

It seems as if the bookmakers didn't have a clue what to make the totals in these 4 games, so they said, fuck it - open them all at 40.

Right now my book has:

SEA -3 (-125), 40.5
JAX -2.5, (-115), 39.5
TB -3 (+105), 39.5
SD -10, 39.5
Old 01-04-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"According to ticketmaster at 9am eastern (Friday morning), there are tickets available for the Steelers ($115), Seahawks ($229), Chargers ($135), and Bucs ($545 ). Those prices are for a single seat, "best available"."

Bad sign when none of these games are sold out?
Old 01-04-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk God

For Seattle and Tampa, those are club/premium seats which don't count toward (the determination of a) sell-outs. From another board, I believe the Steelers available seats (at least more than scattered singles) are obstructed view, which also don't count toward sell-outs.

edit: and Jacksonville returned some of their allotment unused to the Steelers so those will be put up for sale on ticketmaster

Last edited by Red Dog; 01-04-08 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-05-08, 01:32 PM

Im sooo pumped for the games. Sea-Was starts in 2 hrs for me. Im really mad b/c my playoffs league where we drafted players in playoffs decided not to play this year. Which really sucks cause I'm the reigning champ.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.