Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

OSU vs Michigan tickets - validation?

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 11-03-07, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought 2 tickets from Stubhub back in september for the Michigan vs. OSU game this 11/17.

I was browsing on Ebay today and some of the sellers mentioned that their tickets were already validated and did not need student ID for entry. How do I find out if my tickets are validated or not?

If not, how does one get it validated without having a student ID? obviously, I don't go to Michigan.

Stubhub has a 100% guarantee, but I'd hate to take my girlfriend there only to be turned away. Can anyone shed some light into this? Thanks!
Old 11-04-07, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you buy student tickets?
Old 11-04-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had Michigan season tickets since 1995. I've never heard of this "validation".
Old 11-04-07, 11:05 AM
Banned

ID Policy for U-M Football Student Tickets
To be admitted to Michigan Stadium, a student must present at the gate their student ID or Mcard, along with their student ticket. No one shall use an ID of another student for this purpose.

However, a non-student may use a student ticket if it is "validated." Once validated, anyone may use the ticket for admission. Any student may validate up to 4 tickets per week by presenting their student ID, paying $27 per ticket and having an "unrestricted use" sticker(s) affixed to the ticket(s). This can be accomplished at the following locations:

http://www.mgoblue.com/document_disp...cument_id=3066
Old 11-04-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So as long as your tickets are not in the student section, you have nothing to worry about.