Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWECW, TNA & ROH 10/29 - 11/3: Will Jericho save us all, or will he be buried again?

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWECW, TNA & ROH 10/29 - 11/3: Will Jericho save us all, or will he be buried again?

Old 10-29-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roll Call of Champions:

WWE: Raw
WWE Champion - Randy Orton: 2nd title reign*, defeated Triple H at No Mercy on October 7, 2007 in Chicago, IL.

Intercontinental Champion - Jeff Hardy: 4th title reign, defeated Umaga on September 2, 2007 (aired September 3) in Columbus, OH.

Women's Champion - Beth Phoenix: 1st title reign, defeated Candice Michelle at No Mercy on October 7, 2007 in Chicago, IL.

World Tag Team Champions: Lace Cade & Trevor Murdoch: 3rd title reign, defeated Paul London & Brian Kendrick on September 9 in Joberg, South Africa.

* - Orton also has 1 title reign as World Heavyweight Champion, which is the belt on Smackdown.

WWE: ECW
World Champion - C.M. Punk: 1st title reign, defeated John Morrison on September 1 (aired September 4) in Cincinnati, OH.

WWE: Smackdown
World Heavyweight Champion - Batista: 3rd title reign, defeated Great Khali (c) and Rey Mysterio in a 3-way match at Unforgiven on September 16, 2007.

United States Champion - MVP: 1st title reign, defeated Chris Benoit on May 20, 2007 in St. Louis, MO.

Cruiserweight Champion: VACANT (last held by Hornswaggle)

WWE Tag Team Champions: MVP & Matt Hardy: 1st title reign, defeated Deuce & Domino at Smackdown on August 28, 2007 in Albany, New York.

TNA
World Heavyweight Champion - Kurt Angle: 2nd title reign*, defeated Sting on October 16, 2007 (match aired on Impact on October 25).

X-Division Champion - Jay "Black Machismo" Lethal: 2nd title reign, defeated Kurt Angle at No Surrender on September 9, 2007.

Tag Team Champions - AJ Styles & Tomko: 1st reign for both men**, defeated Team PacMan at Bound For Glory on October 15, 2007.

*Kurt Angle's first title reign in TNA was as NWA heavyweight champion. That reign is not counted, as the NWA belt is no longer used by TNA and has a separate lineage.

** AJ Styles is a 3-time tag champ in TNA (once with Jerry Lynn and twice with Christopher Daniels), but that was the NWA tag title. TNA and NWA have split since then, and the NWA tag title is a different lineage than the current TNA tag title.

Ring of Honor
World Heavyweight Champion - Nigel McGuinnes: 1st title reign, defeated Takeshi Morishima on October 6, 2007

World Tag Team Champions - Jay & Mark Briscoe: 4th title reign, defeated Naruke Doi & Shingo on March 30 in Detroit, MI

Full Impact Pro
Heavyweight Champion - Roderick Strong: 1st title reign, defeated Bryan Danielson on November 10, 2006 in Inverness, FL

Tonight on Raw:

The big question - is Jericho coming back, and is it tonight? If so, it certainly looks like Bonnie Hammer won the war with Vince, and made him schedule Jericho's return on Raw in order to boost the sagging ratings.

Other than that, we only know 2 things going into tonight, and neither one of them is enough to make the vast majority tune in...

1. A Diva Halloween Costume Battle Royal. Yawn.

2. The winner of the whore... err, Diva Search will be announced. Expect to see the "loser" and several of the other contestants signed over the next few weeks.

Other than that, it's all the usual WWE promo bullshit. Will Michaels go after Orton again? Will Umaga and Mr. McMahon look for revenge on Triple H? Will Cody Rhodes continue his quest to earn the respect of jobbed out loser Bob Holly? Will the fans be able to it through 2 hours of this bullshit? Will Vince McMahon pull another swerve and not bring out Jericho, and laugh as he manages to once again artificially inflate his ratings by hinting that something big will happen?
Old 10-29-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not (really) a spoiler, but tagged to hide a large image:

Spoiler:

Old 10-29-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
I don't think Jericho can save the show for me. Been seriously contemplating about taking this off my dvr programming. It's bad enough that I fall asleep thru the replay.

I already don't miss TNA (I removed it after the first 2 hour show).

Old 10-29-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once Jericho does return I look forward to reading what everyone here thinks.
Old 10-29-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Main event for Raw is listed on WWE.com as being HHH v.s. Umaga/Randy Orton in a handicap match. Why do I feel like DX will reunite tonight, again.
Old 10-29-07, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Didn't we just see that main event not too long ago??
Old 10-29-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by HydroX2
Didn't we just see that main event not too long ago??
I believe it was a few weeks ago.
Old 10-29-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Deadpool
Once Jericho does return I look forward to reading what everyone here thinks.
Well, I can say right now that I like Jericho and i'm glad he's coming back.

I don't have much faith in how Vince handles him, but i'm glad he'll be back again.
Old 10-29-07, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i for one have given up on TNA and obviously alot of people have .... a 1.0 for this past weeks episode says alot
Old 10-29-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even worse is using the entire spot to throw Beth out there, when they don't even have her working a program with anyone. Too bad they downplayed Victoria and Mickie James for so long.
Old 10-29-07, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought Victoria in the sumo outfit was pretty damn funny.
Old 10-29-07, 08:56 PM
Banned

So Jericho is not going to appear tonight? The longer they delay this, the more frustrated and turn off the fans are going to be. The great thing about Jerichos first appearance on WWF was that we knew exactly when it was going to be. Now, it looks like the story of the boy who cried wolf.
Old 10-29-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not expecting Jericho any time soon.

I did not know that WrestleMania XXIV was going to be at the Citrus Bowl. It seems like it's been forever since there has been a major wrestling even in an "outdoor" enviroment. That's awesome. It always used it give it a special feel when a show was out in the open air like that. Hopefully it doesn't rain.
Old 10-29-07, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I'm not expecting Jericho any time soon.

I did not know that WrestleMania XXIV was going to be at the Citrus Bowl. It seems like it's been forever since there has been a major wrestling even in an "outdoor" enviroment. That's awesome. It always used it give it a special feel when a show was out in the open air like that. Hopefully it doesn't rain.
I miss the WCW spring break shows.
Old 10-29-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
and again they pick the ugliest girl to win the diva search.
DON'T YOU EVER SLANDER MY CHRISTY HEMME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That RAW sucked... really, really bad. I don't remember anything that just happened except I thought the women's halloween royal rumble thing was pretty amusing and Mickie was ridiculously hot as always.

OH, and the Santino bit was gold yet again, but that's been bringing the awesome for over a month now.
Old 10-29-07, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mike Johnson is reporting that Junior Fatu (Rikishi) is not at tonight's TNA iMPACT! tapings in Orlando and is most likely already done with the company. Not only was he already asking for more money but management was not impressed with his attitude and in ring work.
Old 10-29-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
and again they pick the ugliest girl to win the diva search.
Well, that I disagree with. (out of the two onstage)

But I do agree that this show sucked. I was surprised that they cut away from the return of DX to go to Regal and Vince in the back for some reason. Isn't HHH running the company anymore?
Old 10-30-07, 02:52 AM

dang! when was the last time carlito won a match??? I think the brooklyn brawler could score a victory right now.. he must have really pissed off vince somehow.
Old 10-30-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23
So Jericho is not going to appear tonight?
Nobody ever said he was. Stop setting yourself up for disappointment.
Old 10-30-07, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"And that is the real bottom lines because Santino say it is so!"

The Diva Halloween battle royal was kind of fun.

Not sure where the slight rift between Murdoch and Cade is going, but I hope the team doesn't break up just yet
Old 10-30-07, 09:46 AM

Thank God, Rikishi is gone! That is one right move for TNA.
Old 10-30-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
"And that is the real bottom lines because Santino say it is so!"
Old 10-30-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
So Jericho is not going to appear tonight? The longer they delay this, the more frustrated and turn off the fans are going to be. The great thing about Jerichos first appearance on WWF was that we knew exactly when it was going to be. Now, it looks like the story of the boy who cried wolf.
Obviously he didn't, and to be honest all the blame should not go on WWE. Jericho is complicit in this also. He has a reputation for loving to fuck with the fans, as evidenced by him putting the TNA logo on his website after he initially left WWE. Now he has book signings scheduled to be in cities Raw is in. It could be that he has signed to come back and is doing his tour in a way that is convenient for a last-minute appearance at Raw, or it could be him just fucking with the fans by making sure his book signings are in cities running Raw that day.
Old 10-30-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only amusing parts of this show was when Kennedy drug the ref over and yelled at him to make sure he the tag to Carlito and Santino's segment. I watched this ep in about 30 min.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.