DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   The LA Lakers Thread: 2007-2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/514072-la-lakers-thread-2007-2008-a.html)

PJsig08 10-09-07 06:20 PM

The LA Lakers Thread: 2007-2008

Here we go again...

First preseason game starts tonight, so now we have a whole new thread for the upcoming year. Not feeling too confident...

U6C84 10-09-07 06:27 PM

GO WARRIORS!!

such a late start tonight. 10 P.M. PST. Now i know what the east coasters feel like when us on the west coast start at 7.

WallyOPD 10-09-07 06:42 PM

This is one of my favorite threads every year. ;)

Glad to see we're getting into basketball season. :up:

fumanstan 10-09-07 08:15 PM

Here we go again... I really thought we'd see some changes happen, but yet again it's the same ol' team. How dissapointing.

The Kobe trade threats could be much more interesting as the year goes on and the Lakers continue to be a mediocre 7 or 8 playoff seed. Or possible 4th :p

PJsig08 10-09-07 11:18 PM

Anyone going to any games this year? I got great seats for opening night (always fun) and the Celtics game (by far my most anticipated game of the year)

eatntae 10-09-07 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Here we go again... I really thought we'd see some changes happen, but yet again it's the same ol' team. How dissapointing.

What are you talking about? Smush is gone! That's an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

It seems like the biggest move the Lakers made was to sign D. Fish, and as much as I like him, he's not nearly enough to make the Lakers a legitimate contender. I hope I'm wrong, though.

fumanstan 10-09-07 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by PJsig08
Anyone going to any games this year? I got great seats for opening night (always fun) and the Celtics game (by far my most anticipated game of the year)

Planning on hitting the Celtics game on Dec 30th with some buddies.

I'll probably hit some other games too.

LurkerDan 10-09-07 11:41 PM

I look forward to a season of Deftones pissing y'all off. :lol:

ResIpsa 10-10-07 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by U6C84
GO WARRIORS!!

:thumbsup:

das Monkey 10-10-07 06:56 AM

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4...jeezec7.th.jpg

;)

devilshalo 10-10-07 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by U6C84
such a late start tonight. 10 P.M. PST. Now i know what the east coasters feel like when us on the west coast start at 7.

On the flip side, do you really want to get up at 7am on Sundays to watch NFL games?

twikoff 10-10-07 09:31 AM

would it be asking too much for the lakers to go 0-82?

Sonny Corinthos 10-10-07 09:56 AM

:( Another year to watch my beloved LA Lakers struggle to make the playoffs. If they somehow do make it to the playoffs, it will be one and done i'm afraid.

Setzer 10-10-07 10:36 AM

I live in Washington and for the past 5 years I've paid for NBA League Pass so I could watch mostly all the Lakers games. The Lakers did nothing over the past few months to improve and this team is going to be average at best, so I've decided not to waste $170 on League Pass this season. I'll catch the games that are on ESPN/TNT, that's enough for me.

kvrdave 10-10-07 11:59 AM

I wonder if they will be better or worse than last year. I tend to think the Kobe trade talk will hurt the team.

fumanstan 10-10-07 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by LurkerDan

Us Laker fans are just as looking forward to the Suns fall just short of a championship (and the ensuing excuses), so it works out! :)

Lakers lose the first preseason game by 1 point. Critt played pretty darn well though.

Setzer 10-10-07 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Us Laker fans are just as looking forward to the Suns fall just short of a championship (and the ensuing excuses), so it works out! :)

Yup, it's going to be fun watching the Suns choke in the play-offs -- again! SA will most likely win another title.

Deftones 10-10-07 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by LurkerDan

What? Huh? How did I get dragged into this? :lol:

Deftones 10-10-07 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Setzer
Yup, it's going to be fun watching the Suns choke in the play-offs -- again! SA will most likely win another title.

I hope the Suns play the Lakers in the playoffs in round one again. Nothing is sweeter than watching them exit at the hands of the Suns. That's worth more than a title.

DaveWadding 10-10-07 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
I hope the Suns play the Lakers in the playoffs in round one again. Nothing is sweeter than watching them exit at the hands of the Suns. That's worth more than a title.

I didnt think they'd let teams who win 20 games into the playoffs. :shrug:

Setzer 10-10-07 05:54 PM

I don't think the Suns will get the chance this season. The only thing the Lakers are playing for is, more ping-pong balls to get that #1 draft pick.

....and if dispatching the Lakers from the play-offs is more sweeter than winning a title then it must really suck to be a Suns fan. God I feel sorry for you. ;)

PJsig08 10-10-07 06:01 PM

Sure it is

jmanlakerfan 10-10-07 06:21 PM

The Lakers may not have improved that much over the off-season but they are a little better - just by the fact Smush Parker is gone. I don't see them doing much worse than last year. All of the top teams in the western conference stayed the same - so by that fact I think they will be around 43-44 wins.

I don't THINK Kobe's outburst will affect the team chemistry. I think it may help it actually. I read something Fisher said that I agreed with. He said that Kobe doesn't want all-stars - he needs team mates that are winners. Guys that want to win every night. If they don't have that energy - they will make it a priority to learn it.

I know Fisher has that mentality. From what I have seen from Crittenton already - he is a winner. Now we need Bynum to follow suit.

The Cow 10-11-07 01:35 AM

I'm just pissed that we are now 24 posts in with Deftones representing and DTSC (sorry, I still don't recognize -wink- ) has not thrown out anything.

He's had the shit offseason letdowns after a lot of promise, but still... come on.. this is still the Lakers thread :)

El Scorcho 10-11-07 02:47 AM

There's nothing really much to say. You have a mediocre team in the Lakers that has reached its apex and will not make it out of the first round (if they make the playoffs).

Then you have a team like the Blazers who looks to be a dominant force in about 2-3 years with a huge collection of talent both onshore and offshore.

I'm just being patient!