Reload this Page >

The LA Lakers Thread: 2007-2008

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The LA Lakers Thread: 2007-2008

Old 04-21-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm...let's see - "rapist" vs. "DUI".

1. Kobe isn't a rapist. So unless you can prove it in a court of law, that's not even accurate. Now if people chanted "adulterer" or something, then he's fair game.

2. Living here in the Denver area, I don't like the fact that some overprivileged athlete gets away with no jail time when that asshole could have killed someone on the road that night. Isn't this the same guy that was in a gang video and got busted for having pot in his duffel bag and having one of his buddies claim it? Fuck Carmelo. He's lucky all he's getting is a "DUI" chant.

"Classless" is the Utah fans booing Derek Fisher. "Classless" is clotheslining Kobe in a playoff game because you're a cheap shot artist.
Old 04-21-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Carmelo Anthony is a piece of shit. L.A. fans should feel free to chant "DUI" or even "you are a piece of shit" as much as they feel led to do so.
Old 04-21-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SleepyW
Hmmm...let's see - "rapist" vs. "DUI".

1. Kobe isn't a rapist. So unless you can prove it in a court of law, that's not even accurate. Now if people chanted "adulterer" or something, then he's fair game.

2. Living here in the Denver area, I don't like the fact that some overprivileged athlete gets away with no jail time when that asshole could have killed someone on the road that night. Isn't this the same guy that was in a gang video and got busted for having pot in his duffel bag and having one of his buddies claim it? Fuck Carmelo. He's lucky all he's getting is a "DUI" chant.

"Classless" is the Utah fans booing Derek Fisher. "Classless" is clotheslining Kobe in a playoff game because you're a cheap shot artist.
Exactly how I was going to respond. Hilarious how Kobe is never proven to be a rapist yet people feel be deserves that chant

I think Utah fans throwing a couple beers on the court a few months back after losing to the Lakers was the only real defintion of "classless".
Old 04-21-08, 10:22 AM
Admin

Received 345 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
It's just as classless and amusingly ironic. Simply pointing out that fact. Not so sure why that is so hard to understand. Oh wait, I know why.
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Glad you deleted your other post with something that actually made sense. If you wanted to point out someone in particular, might as well call out the person you're referring to instead of being a pussy about it. I guess PJsig08?

Nice jab at the end there though. If the Suns lose again this year, I can't wait to hear the excuses again like the last 3 years.
Why can't you folks discuss this like adults?

This thread is way over the 800 post limit, so I'm closing it. Start a new one if you want, but I'm getting tired of the thread crapping, insults and flaming going on here. It's just about time to start handing out suspensions.