Reload this Page >

WWECW, TNA & ROH 8/27-9/2 or "How to completely bury talent"

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWECW, TNA & ROH 8/27-9/2 or "How to completely bury talent"

Old 09-02-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
wow... cm punk wins.... it took a scandal to get him the belt...
He couldn't succeed on his tremendous talent. He had to rely on the fact he doesn't juice. Awesome.
Old 09-02-07, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe they can do an angle were CM Punk cant win The Big One at a PPV and can only win title matches on TV, have him lose at PPVs and win the belt back on TV, maybe have him lose the belt too a surprise arrival and win it back at the next SNME
Old 09-02-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At this point the only one safe for the WWE title is the fat oily stripper guy.
Old 09-02-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
I swear I curse wrestlers. As soon as I start really liking someone, they're off TV. Current casualty would be John Morrison. Past winners include Edge and Sting, lol.
Old 09-02-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Music
Yay, thanks for the spoiler..... guess you didn't get why the previous poster used spoiler tags.....

crap my bad... see thats the problem with tapings on the weekend... hell if people went to wwe.com it isnt much of a spoiler
Old 09-02-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
I swear I curse wrestlers. As soon as I start really liking someone, they're off TV. Current casualty would be John Morrison. Past winners include Edge and Sting, lol.
i have the reverse effect...... i hate steiner, test and tomko, and tna forces me to look at them
Old 09-02-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i have the reverse effect...... i hate steiner, test and tomko, and tna forces me to look at them
Thanks alot
Old 09-02-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstars Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and Jayson Paul) as of September 2. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.

From WWE.com

Wow.
WHAT!?!?

Damnit.
Old 09-02-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what the... cryme tyme????? huh.... what the helll did they do.... did they steal the steriods and try to sell it on raw
Old 09-02-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE RELEASES TAG TEAM FOLLOWING INCIDENT ON THE ROAD
by Mike Johnson @ 3:30:28 PM on 9/2/2007

World Wrestling Entertainment released Raw tag team Cryme Time, Shad Gaspard and JTG, this afternoon.

I haven't heard particulars yet but do know there was an incident this weekend involving Cryme Time and WWE Tag Team champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch that took place on the Raw house show in Terra Haute, Indiana yesterday. WWE Management was dealing with the incident via telephone from yesterday's TV Taping in Cincinnati and made the decision to release the pair at the Raw tapings this afternoon. Given the timing of the release, I'd say this is likely not a Wellness Policy issue but something stemming from the Indiana incident.

Cryme Time were brought up to the Raw roster in September 2006 after spending time working together in Ohio Valley Wrestling. WWE.com has not yet officially announced the release.
Old 09-02-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TOP WWE STAR CLAIMING HE WANTS TO SUE THE MEDIA, STEPHANIE DISCUSSING VINCE WANTING TO GO BEFORE CONGRESS, HHH ADDRESSES THE BOYS & MORE
by Mike Johnson @ 4:16:37 PM on 9/2/2007

During the talent meeting with the wrestlers on the ECW and Smackdown brand yesterday afternoon, Stephanie McMahon told the performers that thirteen suspensions were handed out in regard to issues with performers receiving substances from online pharmacies and two were issues due to drug screening failures. We've only seen the company publicly confirm 11, so it's possible Stephanie had incorrect numbers or there are more suspensions/firings to be announced. If McMahon was speaking correctly, there was 15 total suspensions, plus the firing of Mike Bucci.

Also interesting to note that McMahon told the wrestlers that Vince McMahon was "looking forward to the Congressional hearings" on the sport and to testifying before Congress if and when he was called to do so. Two separate sources stated that Stephanie joked to the wrestlers that Vince was thinking of wearing a clown wig and shoes when he entered Congress in order to make a statement on the hearings.

During the meeting, Batista asked Stephanie about what could be done legally about his name being included on the recent media reports, citing publicly in front of the crew that he had never received anything from the online pharmacy companies. Stephanie told him that was an issue he and his personal attorneys should look into, also commenting that she was under the impression he was already doing that (which would mean a civil lawsuit seeking damages). Batista was telling numerous performers that he was extremely upset at Sports Illustrated and other media outlets for reporting his name, claiming there was no connection between him and the pharmacies.

When the meeting was over, Triple H addressed the wrestlers with something of a "rah rah" speech, saying that right now, he knows they are probably feeling they are in a horrible business and questioning why they want to be involved in it. He reminded them that they have a dream job where they get to make children happy and they get to live out their dreams of being involved in the business they all grew up loving. He said that he was proud to be a professional wrestler and that the entire business, not just WWE but all of wrestling, was under fire so it was up to the boys to stick together and work through it.
Old 09-02-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i have to say... the wwe needs to bring back jericho and rvd...... its to take their mind off of this
Old 09-02-07, 07:23 PM
Banned

From pwinsider.com:

WWE STAR'S CAREER MAY BE FINISHED DUE TO INJURY
by Mike Johnson @ 12:44:28 PM on 9/2/2007

One of the most tenured performers on the WWE roster, Hardcore Holly, may be done as an active professional wrestler. Holly, who was slated to return to the Smackdown brand, is having continued issues with his arm stemming from his most recent surgery. The word going around at TV is that his condition worsened after the surgery and he's having problems with feeling in the arm. The blame was being put on the doctors.

Holly has been with the company since December 1993 when he debuted as Thurmann "Sparky" Plugg, the racecar driver. His name was later changed to Bob "Spark Plug" Holly before he finally morphed into Hardcore Holly during the Attitude Era.
At this rate, between suspensions, injuries and releases, WWE is going to have 20 wrestlers in the roster.
Old 09-02-07, 07:25 PM

i have to say... the wwe needs to bring back jericho and rvd...... its to take their mind off of this
Yes on Jericho, no on RVD. RVD's made of 110% pot.
Old 09-02-07, 07:26 PM
Banned

From pwinsider.com:

LOTS OF RUMORS LEADING INTO RAW TAPING TONIGHT AND MORE WWE NEWS
by Mike Johnson @ 12:46:18 PM on 9/2/2007

The word going around among the Raw roster right now is that the wrestlers expect some more talent to be fired today. Based on the suspended list, I'd also expect a title change tonight at the tapings. There is a rumor and I stress RUMOR) that one top Raw talent may have given notice as well, but until we can confirm that as 100% correct, I'm going to withhold the name. It's going to be interesting to see where the company goes with their storylines.
Old 09-02-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
Yes on Jericho, no on RVD. RVD's made of 110% pot.
I have to say for RVD at least he has never been full of shit like all of these other wrestlers with their "I don't do stuff like that". He's been pretty open about his love of pot.
Old 09-02-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
From pwinsider.com:

At this rate, between suspensions, injuries and releases, WWE is going to have 20 wrestlers in the roster.
Does anyone else think maybe this could be good for the company and they would have to start trying again. I have not been interested for like 18 months now. It's always been this way for me I am way into for like 3-5 years then out for a year then sucked back in.
Old 09-02-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 229 Posts
"Stephanie also told the wrestlers that Vince McMahon was looking forward to the upcoming Congressional hearings on pro-wrestling, saying that he was thinking of wearing a clown wig and shoes to make a point about the entire process."

Well, it's good to know that Vince is taking this seriously. I thought it was very foolish of him to bring the Congress issues into storylines. I thought with the recent media attention digging up these 11 wrestlers that it would shock some sense into him that something was indeed wrong with his company and employees but this leads me to believe otherwise. He's not making himself look any better.
Old 09-02-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spicollidriver1
Does anyone else think maybe this could be good for the company and they would have to start trying again. I have not been interested for like 18 months now. It's always been this way for me I am way into for like 3-5 years then out for a year then sucked back in.
In theory, you would think and hope for that.

In reality, I predict the shows will get worse. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the next Raw is 45 mins to an hour of Vince's family while the shitty writing team thinks up what to do over the next month ....

goes to look at Raw spoilers ....
Old 09-02-07, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
In theory, you would think and hope for that.

In reality, I predict the shows will get worse. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the next Raw is 45 mins to an hour of Vince's family while the shitty writing team thinks up what to do over the next month ....

goes to look at Raw spoilers ....
Not far off, were ya'?
Old 09-03-07, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Not far off, were ya'?
HaHa!!! Looks like a lot of wrestlers needed to be taken to the hospital! Wonder how bad they were hurt!?!
Old 09-03-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 101 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
HaHa!!! Looks like a lot of wrestlers needed to be taken to the hospital! Wonder how bad they were hurt!?!
Bad enough to be out 4-5 weeks
Old 09-03-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

PWTorch.com reports that the Cryme Tyme release stemmed from actions the tag team performed following their Terre Haute house show match against Cade and Murdoch.

According to the Torch report, the two teams had reportedly been developing heat with each other over the course of the past few weeks. That built into an incident prior to the match, in which Shad Gaspard told Lance Cade that "what happens in the ring happens," essentially implying that there might be some stiff shots exchanged. Cade mocked Gaspard's threat in front of a number of wrestlers backstage.

In order to get back at Cryme Tyme for what they perceived as a threat, Cade and Murdoch met with the referee and arranged a rib. Essentially, the plan was to "fast count" while JTG was out of the ring, resulting in a count out loss for Cryme Tyme; Cryme Tyme was unaware of this plan until it was executed in front of the live audience.

In what sources say was a move to save face, Cryme Tyme then decided, without telling the referee, to execute their finishing move on him (they reportedly did so safely, but it was still unexpected). They also tossed his belt into the crowd.

Words were exchanged in the backstage area following the segment, and WWE management eventually made the call to release Cryme Tyme, who were reportedly on thin ice with management anyway due to what some backstage perceived as an attitude problem. The tag team was reportedly unhappy and surprised with WWE's decision.

The increased scrutiny on WWE stemming from the Benoit tragedy, the Congressional investigation and the recent steroid controversy has resulted in a zero-tolerance policy backstage.
Old 09-03-07, 08:37 AM
Banned

If that rib wasn't cleared with any of the WWE agents, I supposed then that Cade, Murdoch & the ref are also in hot water. JTG were also pretty stupid to have done that.
Old 09-03-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
The increased scrutiny on WWE stemming from the Benoit tragedy, the Congressional investigation and the recent steroid controversy has resulted in a zero-tolerance policy backstage.
I guess that explains Eugene getting released. He must have showed up to that super special meeting in his Bizarro Eugene outfit.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.