Reload this Page >

WWECW, TNA & ROH 8/27-9/2 or "How to completely bury talent"

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWECW, TNA & ROH 8/27-9/2 or "How to completely bury talent"

Old 08-31-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
i gave up on TNA.... i will wait for the two hour show... too be honest... lots ot tna hardcore fans gave up on them.....

yeah... I'm the biggest TNA fan in this forum, I live right next to Universal Studios and the Impact Zone and I haven't even gone to the last two TV tapings, just kind of burnt out on it right now. I used to go to every show... being thats it's free and all.

speaking of TNA, pretty good deal up in the TNA shop right now...
TNA BACKYARD SALE EXTRAVAGANZA!!!! - $99.95
12 Different TNA T-Shirts (Random sizes and styles)
TNA Logo Hat
Knockouts Autographed Calander
3rd Degree Burns CD
2007 Slammiversary DVD
2007 Against All Odds DVD
1 TNA Action Figure (Random)
Old 08-31-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The random sizes thing kills it for me. I wear an XL, and I'm not going to get stuck with a shitload of medium and large shirts that I can't wear.
Old 08-31-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Care to share? I've always been a fan and if she's lost the weight, well... we need to see.
Not sure what site they're from but a friend posted them on another forum I frequent.

Old 09-01-07, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Simon Dean is the first of the '10' to be fired.
Yeah, that's WWE getting tough on steroid users! Fire the guy that they never use and pretty much pay to sit at home. That'll show the government!
Old 09-01-07, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Yeah, that's WWE getting tough on steroid users! Fire the guy that they never use and pretty much pay to sit at home. That'll show the government!
Was he working with developing wrestlers or something? That could explain it.

Anyway, did anyone see what the Rock had to say:

"Clearly, there has to be an aggressive educational program put in place," he said. "These guys have to be armed with the knowledge and understanding of how bad these drugs are and the dangers of mixing these drugs with the lifestyle they lead." Johnson said he used steroids entering his freshman year at the University of Miami, but not as a pro wrestler. "When I got into the wrestling business, I never cared about being the biggest guy. I just wanted to be the most entertaining."
Isn't this the guy that had cosmetic surgery to reduce his non-man-like pecs?
Old 09-01-07, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
according to lop, he was in more of a managment position and had been getting heat for a couple of weeks. (this is was likely an excuse to fire him)
Here's a link to a review of the Guest Booker dvd with Gabe that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/....asp?aID=20583

Also the latest video wire from roh
<embed width="425" height="350"src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HoS8HdSRQGk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" </embed>
the stuff with Dragon's eye at the end is tough to watch.
Old 09-01-07, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The random sizes thing kills it for me. I wear an XL, and I'm not going to get stuck with a shitload of medium and large shirts that I can't wear.
I was thinking about the ebay resell goodness on those T-shirts. Last year at the Impact Zone they were selling off all the old Kid Kash T-shirts for $5 each, I bought about 12 of them and sold them on ebay for around 25 each
Old 09-01-07, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Had to share this classic with everyone....

Old 09-01-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Was he working with developing wrestlers or something? That could explain it.

Anyway, did anyone see what the Rock had to say:

Isn't this the guy that had cosmetic surgery to reduce his non-man-like pecs?
Yup. He was also a clear-cut juicer. He's puny compared to what he used to be. It must be very easy sitting there, rich, film career in hand, to dismiss the pressure these guys have to fit a certain image. Dick.
Old 09-01-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by turborobb
I was thinking about the ebay resell goodness on those T-shirts. Last year at the Impact Zone they were selling off all the old Kid Kash T-shirts for $5 each, I bought about 12 of them and sold them on ebay for around 25 each
Daaaaaaaaaaamn.... I would have never seen something like that coming, especially since they were blowing the shirt out on their website also.

However, you have to get lucky and get the right ones. If you're given shirts of crap performers, you're sorta screwed.
Old 09-01-07, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From pwinsider.com:

WWE EXECUTIVE THE LATEST CASUALTY OF THE GROWTH ENHANCER SCANDAL
by Dave Scherer @ 7:09:39 PM on 8/31/2007

According to numerous sources, WWE talent executive Mike "Simon Dean" Bucci was released today by WWE from his post in talent relations. Bucci was largely the manager for the developmental territories, leaving his career as an active wrestler to take the management position. The word among the wrestlers is that Bucci was called in for a meeting today by WWE in the wake of his name being mentioned by the The New York Daily News yesterday as being someone on the list of workers named in the Signature Pharmacy growth enhancing drug scandal.

As it was explained to me, Bucci was probably something of a sacrificial lamb, let go because he was considered expendable and someone that WWE could release to "show" that they were serious about the current problem. The story making the rounds is that since he was in management and wrestlers fell under his leadership, the company felt that they had no choice but to let him go because "they couldn't have him setting an example like that". The irony here is that to the best of my knowledge, Bucci's dealings with Signature took place when he was still an active wrestler, not a manager. So, had he never moved to the other side of the curtain, he probably would have only been suspended for a month. Instead, he was let go.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=26321&p=1

They fired the guy who used it before he became a trainer. Still, repeat ofenders like Orton still have a job.
Old 09-01-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

PWTorch.com has been told that at least one top wrestler named in the media stories as turning up in the Internet pharmacy customer list will not be suspended by WWE.

Although only hited to us, the indications we've been given point to an out such as that he "came clean" about the Internet purchases previously and already served a suspension, so he won't be suspended for the same violation twice.
Why do I have the feeling that if this is true it will be Orton and the reason would be because he is in the biggest feud in the company right now with Cena?
Old 09-01-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The irony here is that to the best of my knowledge, Bucci's dealings with Signature took place when he was still an active wrestler, not a manager. So, had he never moved to the other side of the curtain, he probably would have only been suspended for a month. Instead, he was let go.
Yep, pretty much what I've been saying then... it's just a list of clients that goes years back, even before the wellness policy began. So even though these guys may have passed the piss test multiple times after their last purchase, they're still gone.

Of course the "showing the government that they're serious" angle will work unless someone in the government knows a lot about wrestling, and realizes that his dismissal means nothing.
Old 09-01-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Why do I have the feeling that if this is true it will be Orton and the reason would be because he is in the biggest feud in the company right now with Cena?

i think its either edge or kennedy...
Old 09-01-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
i gave up on TNA.... i will wait for the two hour show... too be honest... lots ot tna hardcore fans gave up on them.....
I have recorded the last few weeks on the DVR and end up watching an entire show in 10 minutes since most of it is now unwatchable. I can't sit there and watch KVM squash a team clearly better than them in 2 minutes without wanting to vomit.

The WWE stuff is insane. I wonder if it will catch up with Angle, Steiner or anyone else juicing in TNA. I'm talking about you Samoa Joe and Shark Boy.
Old 09-01-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A press release, which was sent out yesterday by WWE for tonight’s RAW house show in Terre Haute, reveals that Umaga and Mr. Kennedy have been pulled from the show. That information comes from a local radio advertisement. The main card features John Cena vs. Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito and Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Cryme Tyme.

If this proves to be true, then Randy Orton was not suspended. Many wrestlers backstage are under the belief that Orton wasn’t suspended. It should also be noted that radio ads have also said “TV cameras invade the Hulman Center,” to make people think it’s a TV taping.

All the wrestlers that were suspended flew out to Stamford for a meeting with Vince McMahon. As of press time, there are 11 wrestlers who were suspended and there is no indication that any more suspensions will be coming. The 11th suspension was a wrestler who, somehow, missed his flight, which put further heat on him in the office.

(Credit: WrestlingObserver.com)
Old 09-01-07, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Completely off topic, but I didn't realize that there were three wrestling fans in the third DVDTalk fantasy football league. I'm in as Brady'sPotentSeed, I see the Lunatikks, and Raven56706 and all his TEs .

Regarding the suspensions, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that somehow WWE classified Orton's overseas suspension as one of their steroid suspensions. It's amazing what that guy can, and has, gotten away with. But at this point they pretty much are out of options even if they did want to cut him. Monday's RAW is probably my most anticipated RAW of the year except for the draft (which obviously sucked).

If all the reports and suspension talk is true, the WWE did dodge a hell of a bullet by not naming Kennedy as the bastard son yet. At least they have a ready made push for somebody.
Old 09-01-07, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

New ECW champion, along with another suspended name, using common sense.

Spoiler:
http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/articles/4971622/ecwnewpunkera
Old 09-01-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

wow... cm punk wins.... it took a scandal to get him the belt...
Old 09-01-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The RAW main events are being taped tomorrow

Spoiler:

HHH vs. Carlito
Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy for the IC title

I'd imagine Jeff will be winning the title. The irony is delicious.
Old 09-01-07, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Smackdown talent Eugene as of September 1. We wish Eugene the best in all future endeavors.
Old 09-02-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

eugene was related to the story.... according to pwinsider.
Old 09-02-07, 09:08 AM
Banned

Well, now Dinsmore can break out of the Eugene character which had become very old since 2006.
Old 09-02-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

he was a good wrestler... just not a great performer.... oh well... his character got old...
Old 09-02-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
wow... cm punk wins.... it took a scandal to get him the belt...
Yay, thanks for the spoiler..... guess you didn't get why the previous poster used spoiler tags.....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.