Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Do you hold season tickets for any sport?

Old 06-01-07, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Been on the Patriots wait list for 4 years now, I think it's a expected wait list of about 12 years, so I'm not even halfway. If nothing it makes getting tickets to the games, and other events easier.

However, at this rate I'll be able to have them to take my kids, which I also don't have at the moment
It's amazing how long of a waiting list there are for NFL season tickets. I signed up for Green Bay Packer season tickets over 10 years ago (probably 12 years ago, but I lost count), and I am still behind like 25,000 people. I still have an estimated 20 years to wait before I get my season tickets.
Old 06-01-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by The_Cube
It's amazing how long of a waiting list there are for NFL season tickets. I signed up for Green Bay Packer season tickets over 10 years ago (probably 12 years ago, but I lost count), and I am still behind like 25,000 people. I still have an estimated 20 years to wait before I get my season tickets.

I signed up for the Skins wait list in 1990. At that point I was #36,000. I broke through in 2004. Of course moving from a 55,000 seat stadium to a 90,000 seat stadium helped in the process.
Old 06-01-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have "season tickets" to my home track in Dover, DE for NASCAR. (I had Bristol too for about 8 years, but just canceled them this year). I just got back, as the first one of the year is this weekend!
Old 06-02-07, 12:46 AM

Florida State football, haven't missed a home game in 13 years.
Old 06-02-07, 08:16 AM

Saint John Sea Dogs in the QMJHL (hockey). Junior hockey where a large percentage of players in the NHL played. We used to have an AHL team here (Flames) but I prefer Jr hockey. Great watching 16-19 year olds play there asses off to get drafted and I see a lot of players from the world juniors.

Tickets are a good price. $478 taxes in, for center ice, 3 rows behind the home penalty box.

Great hockey too
Old 06-02-07, 08:27 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

New England Patriots. yeah, baby.
Old 06-02-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Wanna take a fellow DVD-Talker to the Pats-Steelers game in December?

I'm a Providence College Friars Men's Basketball season ticket holder. Missed two games last year because I was sick, but watched one on TV, and the other was against a patsy. Will definitely renew this year - it came out to about five bucks a game. May upgrade this year, but with the arena renovations, they'll probably be a bit pricier.

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 06-02-07, 01:11 PM

Columbus Crew - many seasons now.
Old 06-02-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<---- Cincinnati Bengals.

2007 will be my 20th season. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but at least I've got great seats at PBS.

Used to have season tickets for the WLAF's Ohio Glory in 1992... even took in a road game in Barcelona.
Old 06-02-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Birrman54
just for the Orioles, I regret it every year
God bless you for still going.

I have season tickets to the Baltimore Ravens.
Old 06-02-07, 07:22 PM

Umm---University at Albany basketball tickets count?? Back to back NCAA appearances!!
Old 06-02-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

The Danes count in my book.
Old 08-12-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Do you hold season tickets for any sport?

Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
The only season tickets I would consider getting, Miami Hurricanes football, will have to wait until either I move closer to Miami or gas prices come way down. Other than that, none of the local teams interest me enough. I did buy one of those 20 game packages for the Devil Rays a few years ago. I might do that again.
Happy to say that last year we were finally able to get 3 season tickets for the Hurricanes (me, brother, nephew) and have renewed for this upcoming year and will for as long as I can afford them, which hopefully means forever.

And, a work buddy is a long-time Lightning season ticket holder and he will have 2 seats next year. I have first dibs on the games his wife doesn't want to go to, probably around 15-20, I'd guess. I'm not a Lightning fan, but live hockey is awesome, so I'll take it.

Anyone else have any updates?
Old 08-12-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wanted New Jersey Nets season tickets but I couldn't decide which empty seat to take. I just decided to stay at home and watch on TV.
Old 08-12-11, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
I purchased (for the first time) Blazers season tickets the day after we won the #1 pick.

I almost pulled the trigger on University of Denver basketball season tickets last year, because they're dirt cheap, but that's the only time I've even thought about it since I was applying for student tickets at the University of Arizona.
Old 08-12-11, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Used to be season ticket holder for the Flyers and Phils, but now I just pick and choose games on Stubhub during the season. Other then Football which is only 8 games + preseason, why would anyone shell out money for a whole season of tickets these days? Granted you can sell the games you don't want on Stubhub (but your team has to be winning so there is a demand for them.)

I am one of those fans that were priced out by season tickets, and I pick a few games a year for my Phils, Flyers, Eagles, and 76ers and that works for me.
Old 08-12-11, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After 4 years, I'm no longer a season ticket holder with the Sharks. The guy I went with is likely moving out of state within a few months and he didn't want to deal with having to sell a bunch of tickets. I was on the fence anyway because our seats are quite expensive, so we both decided not to renew.
Old 08-12-11, 08:34 PM

I should put my kids on the Packers season tickets list so that their kids can get tickets someday.
Old 08-12-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now that I've moved even further away, this will be the last year of buying Michigan football tix for myself. Simply can't make it to enough games anymore being a 12 hour drive away, so it's cheaper for me to just buy a scalped ticket to the 1 or 2 weekends I'm back in the state. Plus "being there" just doesn't mean as much as it used to - most games (especially the non-conference cupcakes and all conference games not involving Penn St. or Ohio St. - or now Nebraska, I guess) I'd rather sit in front of the tv and watch in HD. I still plan on buying my season tix each year and just selling them at face to the guy who sits next to me. The money saved can be spent on taking my kids to see the Falcons/Braves/Hawks to see if they want to get behind any of the local teams.
Old 08-12-11, 08:55 PM

San Antonio Rampage(AHL Hockey) I set 9 rows behind the goal we shoot at twice, right on the Isle. Bout $500 for the entire season.
Old 08-12-11, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy View Post
Been on the Patriots wait list for 4 years now, I think it's a expected wait list of about 12 years, so I'm not even halfway. If nothing it makes getting tickets to the games, and other events easier.

However, at this rate I'll be able to have them to take my kids, which I also don't have at the moment
Parents had seasons tix from 1985-2006..now they're in my name. Seven rows up visitor's side...40 yard line.
Old 08-12-11, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post

If you ever wanna meet a fellow DVDtalker we should tailgate!
Old 08-13-11, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Season Ticket Holder - Buffalo Sabres - NHL (hockey) - been one since 2001 season.
Season Ticket Holder - Buffalo Bandits - NLL (indoor lacrosse) - been one since 1993 season.

Sabres - attend around 33-35 games per season - sell the rest to relatives or the people who have the seats on either
side of me. Attend all playoff games. Bandits - since they only have eight home regular season games and at the most
they could host is three playoff home games - I attend all of them.

Someone asked about pre-season games - Sabres usually host two home games with one of the games always being
against Toronto. Before this season they gave STHers free tickets to the non Toronto game and allow STHers to get
tickets to the Toronto game for half-price. This season they eliminated the free tickets to the non Toronto game and
are making us pay for both pre-season games (Toronto and Carolina) with my seats for each game being $10 each.

As for attending - I'm not a fan of pre-season games so I usually gave my free tickets away to a relative or the people
who have seasons on either side of me. This year, I'll do the same for the Carolina game - but since we are being forced
to pay for the games - I'll probably break my streak of not attending pre-season games and go to the Toronto one -
those ones are usually just as wild as regular season games vs them so it should be a good one to attend.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 08-13-11 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-13-11, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by namrfumot View Post
Parents had seasons tix from 1985-2006..now they're in my name. Seven rows up visitor's side...40 yard line.

Nice. I have quite a few friends with them so I make most of the games I want to to attend either way so I'm not terrible bummed but one day I'll them.

My update is no ticket still, still on the list but do have a kid, so as I guessed with my update last year I'll likely have tickets by the time my kids are old enough to go which will be cool..
Old 08-13-11, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm probably not a big enough fan of any one team to shell out for season tickets. I tend to spread out my sports dollars---every year I probably go to 2 or 3 college hockey games, a couple of minor league baseball games, and then maybe another 3 or 4 between the Bruins, Red Sox and Revolution (or rarely the Celtics).

If the Kraft family ever does build that long rumored soccer-specific stadium in Boston that's a lot easier to get to than Foxboro, then I'd probably at least shell out for multi-game ticket packages for the Revolution.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.