Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Rumored Kevin Garnett deal from the Lakers

Old 05-12-07, 06:15 PM
Banned

Rumored Kevin Garnett deal from the Lakers

The Lakers have been keeping a close and watchful eye over star player Kevin Garnett, in hopes of luring him to LA. This is the deal that LA is trying to get done....if it doesn't look for them to go with Option #2. The rumored deal right now on the table is Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown(last contract year),Brian Cook and our 19th pick in the draft for Kevin Garnett. Sources around the league say that if Garnett were more vocal and adament about coming to LA the deal could get done more quickly. Still,the T-Wolves are demanding more for Garnett. They want Kwame out, and Bynum in. This has been the biggest hiccup with any major trade that is going down....every team wants Bynum, and the Lakers don't want to give him away just yet. Here are the other rumored deals on the table

Option #2- Jermaine O'Neal/Jamal Tinsley for Odom/Kwame/Vujacic/19th

Option #3- Ron Artest/Mike Bibby- Odom/Kwame/ Farmar/19th

I still want option #1, even though options 2-3 both net us a very good point guard. Tinsley who is a great defender, and Bibby who is a clutch shooter.

Guys like Kevin Garnett come around very rarely.
Old 05-12-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Supposedly, McHale said that Garnett will not be getting traded out west.

Do you have any links or anything?
Old 05-12-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Lakers shouldn't balk at getting rid of Bynum.
Old 05-12-07, 06:36 PM
Banned

McHale did say that, but he's not showing his cards just yet. He's threatening to ship him out east if Bynum isn't included. I will NOT give up Bynum or Kobe, but everything else is fair game.

If it doesn't get done, then work on the JO/Tinsley trade.
Old 05-12-07, 06:40 PM
Banned

Bynum is going to be something special(although I said the same thing when Washington drafted Kwame Brown in 2001). Its contract year for Brown, he's going to want to play hard, or he won't get squat. That will force him to work hard(hopefully) this summer.

I MAY consider shipping Bynum, but I want to keep the 19th pick.
Old 05-12-07, 06:42 PM
Suspended

I still think Cleveland should make another play for Bibby.
Old 05-12-07, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dalvin
The Lakers have been keeping a close and watchful eye over star player Kevin Garnett, in hopes of luring him to LA. This is the deal that LA is trying to get done....if it doesn't look for them to go with Option #2. The rumored deal right now on the table is Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown(last contract year),Brian Cook and our 19th pick in the draft for Kevin Garnett. Sources around the league say that if Garnett were more vocal and adament about coming to LA the deal could get done more quickly. Still,the T-Wolves are demanding more for Garnett. They want Kwame out, and Bynum in. This has been the biggest hiccup with any major trade that is going down....every team wants Bynum, and the Lakers don't want to give him away just yet. Here are the other rumored deals on the table

Option #2- Jermaine O'Neal/Jamal Tinsley for Odom/Kwame/Vujacic/19th

Option #3- Ron Artest/Mike Bibby- Odom/Kwame/ Farmar/19th

I still want option #1, even though options 2-3 both net us a very good point guard. Tinsley who is a great defender, and Bibby who is a clutch shooter.

Guys like Kevin Garnett come around very rarely.
Do you have any links for this?

It sounds like the first paragraph was taken from somewhere.

"The Lakers have been keeping a close and watchful eye over star player Kevin Garnett"..."Sources around the league say that if Garnett were more vocal and adament about coming to LA the deal could get done more quickly."...

That's not a typical fan way of speaking.
Old 05-12-07, 06:45 PM

Bynum is going to be something special(although I said the same thing when Washington drafted Kwame Brown in 2001). Its contract year for Brown, he's going to want to play hard, or he won't get squat. That will force him to work hard(hopefully) this summer.

I MAY consider shipping Bynum, but I want to keep the 19th pick.
Is he a good low post scorer? If so, can YOU ship him to Chicago?
Old 05-12-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Why the hell does this "Dalvin rumor" need an entirely new thread? Sheesh.
Old 05-12-07, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
Do you have any links for this?

It sounds like the first paragraph was taken from somewhere.

"The Lakers have been keeping a close and watchful eye over star player Kevin Garnett"..."Sources around the league say that if Garnett were more vocal and adament about coming to LA the deal could get done more quickly."...

That's not a typical fan way of speaking.
This is just the same Dalvin speculation that's been going on for months in the Lakers thread. Highly doubt there's anywhere this came from (the hint is in the word "our").
Old 05-12-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wildcatlh
This is just the same Dalvin speculation that's been going on for months in the Lakers thread. Highly doubt there's anywhere this came from.

Agreed, but that paragraph is far to well written for him to have thought it up.
Old 05-12-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Either he made it up or it came from another Lakers fan board or a blog. The use of "our 19th pick" makes it clear it's not from any real news site.
Old 05-12-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wildcatlh
Either he made it up or it came from another Lakers fan board or a blog. The use of "our 19th pick" makes it clear it's not from any real news site.

Yeah, that's my guess. Stole if from the website of a local sports talk radio station's web forum or something.
Old 05-12-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Big Ticket and Minnesota should definitely part ways. The guy deserves so much better than what that inept buffoon in the front office has given him. I'd hate to see KG go to the Lakers, but if that means him having a shot at the title, then good for him. I agree with the experts around the league calling out KG on his lack of emotion and desire to leave Minny. Itís not like the fans would slight himóhe gave it his best for THIS long, itís not his fault that he was surrounded by idiots (both on the floor and in the front office) his entire career.

All that moron Kevin McHale deserves credit for is drafting KG, other than that, he has done absolutely nothing but shift the blame for the team's futility on everyone other than himself. Iím a Wolves fan, but itís hard to root for this team with that imbecile running things.
Old 05-12-07, 07:49 PM
Premium Member

Old 05-12-07, 07:52 PM
Banned

I did not plagerize anything or anyone. I forumlated that paragraph on my own accord.
Old 05-12-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So who were these sources around the league?
Old 05-12-07, 08:16 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
I forumlated that paragraph on my own accord.
You sir, are a fraud.
Old 05-12-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he inherited KG. I do not want him to go to the Lakers, but if he does I'll buy me a Laker Jersey. This rumor has been floating forever. I think a week after they got bounced from the west finals all you heard was that was his last chance he has to go. If Kwame does come here I think he will do well not only is it a contract year, but Casey has shown hell play whoever he wants regardless of pay so he better play hard.
Old 05-12-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ugh.
Old 05-12-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I did not plagerize anything or anyone. I forumlated that paragraph on my own accord.

Old 05-12-07, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Cow
My same thought. Dalvin keeps coming up with this questionable scenarios where the only team that benefits is the Lakers. We could all do the same as him with our favorite team then.

My scenario involves the Bulls recieving Garnett for Mike Sweeny and Chris Duhon. This will happen after the Bulls land the overall #1 pick on the draft where they are going to select Greg Oden. Also, for good measure, the Bulls are going to sign & trade PJ Brown for Steve Nash and Boris Diaw and trade Ben Gordon for Lebron James before next year trading deadline. After all of this is done, i will be selected as the new GM for the Bulls.
Old 05-12-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trades made in Franchise mode on NBA 2K7 don't equal something that could happen in the real world
Old 05-12-07, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did Natalie Portman help you write it?
Old 05-12-07, 09:56 PM
Banned

No ...but your mom was my inspiration though. Tell her Happy Mother's Day for me will you?

I heard this from a credible news source and I then reworked what was said into my own words. Therfore constituting not plagerizing anyone or anything, but yet, not getting this news out of thin air either.

Last edited by Dalvin; 05-12-07 at 09:58 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.