Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Tiger Woods - Amazing

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Tiger Woods - Amazing

Old 01-08-07, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger Woods - Amazing

I just can't get enough of this shot. I must've watched it 150 times since I saw it live.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84892738160457

It's incredible.
Old 01-08-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that shot was pretty ridiculous. Definitely up in the top 10 "no fucking way" golf shots in the last 20 years.
Old 01-08-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He's not bad, but he's no David Duval.

das
Old 01-08-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
I don't watch a ton of golf live--I tend to tape the third and fourth rounds of the big tournaments then fast-forward through them--but I saw this shot.
Old 01-08-07, 08:11 PM
Retired

Some great free advertising for Nike with the ball pausing on the lip with the Swoosh facing right out.
Old 01-08-07, 09:50 PM

Yeah, that shot was pretty ridiculous. Definitely up in the top 10 "no fucking way" golf shots in the last 20 years.

It's a truly amazing shot with all the surrounding circumstances. The ball had to be hit with great accuracy due to the fact it lied flush against the intermediate rough. That made the shot difficult. Then it was hard enough to have it land perfectly to let gravity take over.

Of course the lingering on the lip there added considerable amount of drama to the shot.

He went on to win that Masters in a playoff against DiMarco.
Old 01-09-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by das Monkey

das
Wasn't he in The Godfather?
Old 01-09-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is another pretty amazing shot, not so much for the degree of difficulty but more for the "wtf?" factor.

http://www.youdoob.com/videos/Guys/I...le_Hole_in_One
Old 01-09-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by womfalcs7
It's a truly amazing shot with all the surrounding circumstances. The ball had to be hit with great accuracy due to the fact it lied flush against the intermediate rough. That made the shot difficult. Then it was hard enough to have it land perfectly to let gravity take over.

Of course the lingering on the lip there added considerable amount of drama to the shot.

He went on to win that Masters in a playoff against DiMarco.

People forget that he bogeyed the 17th and 18th after that shot to fall back into the playoff.
Old 01-09-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
Wasn't he in The Godfather?
Old 01-15-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I was sitting on the rope line by the 18th fairway when it happened, and I'll never forget the roar we heard from that gallery on 16. It took a few minutes for news to filter around, but we knew something incredible had been done.
Old 01-15-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey

das
thats redundant
Old 01-16-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I don't know what it is about the guy, but he just seems to be blessed. I mean the shot was great and all but really a lot of it was luck. I mean he was aiming at a spot 40-50 feet away from the hole. There's no way he could possibly know exactly where to hit it. I believe he admitted himself that he was only trying to get it inside of Dimarco's ball, which was probably 12 feet away or so. Even if the ball ended up 8 feet away it still would have been a great shot The fact that it went in made it absolutely amazing and throw in how it stayed on the lip with the little Nike label in perfect view made it unforgetable. I mean who other than Tiger could have pulled that whole spectacle off? I don't think anything like that would be happening to Jim Furyk or David Toms or anybody like that. Maybe Tiger made a deal with the devil.
Old 01-28-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk God

So much for rustiness. Ridiculous.

Tiger wins at Torrey Pines again and wins his 7th straight PGA event. Awesome shot at 17 to seal it. He loves this Torrey Pines South course. I'm sure he isn't complaining that TP-South is where the 2008 US Open will take place.

Oh and thank you CBS for finally going HD on your non-major golf events.
Old 01-28-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah, the best part of today was not tiger winning, but jim nance saying that ALL of cbs' golf coverage would be in HD.
Old 01-28-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

All it took was 2 bad holes by the leader (around the 11th-13th holes) for Tiger to pounce on the opening and wrestle control of the tournament down the stretch, practically slamming the door with his approach shot on the 17th hole.
Old 01-28-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I didn't think it was possible, but Quinney was more in need of a bra than Mickelson.
Old 01-29-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

At least the ball had a flair for the dramatic: the way it hung on the lip for a few seconds before reluctantly letting gravity win.
-ringding-
Old 01-26-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Red Dog

Tiger wins at Torrey Pines again and wins his 7th straight PGA event. Awesome shot at 17 to seal it. He loves this Torrey Pines South course. I'm sure he isn't complaining that TP-South is where the 2008 US Open will take place.

Good thread to resurrect instead of starting a new one.

Tiger is dominating the Buick Open at Torrey Pines once again with a 6-shot lead - going for his 4th straight and 6th overall Buick Invitational title. I quote the above post as a reminder that the US Open is at TP-South this year.

If he wins this weekend, he ties Arnold for 4th on the PGA tournament wins list (behind Snead, Nicklaus, and Hogan).
Old 01-27-08, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog

Actually this would be his 3rd straight PGA Tour win going back to last year. He won the WGC Bridgestone Invitational and the PGA Championship, then he finished second at the Deutsche Bank, then won the BMW and the Tour Championship. The Presidents Cup and Target World Challenge don't count as offical wins, so his official win streak will be 3 after tomorrow.
Old 01-27-08, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Actually this would be his 3rd straight PGA Tour win going back to last year. He won the WGC Bridgestone Invitational and the PGA Championship, then he finished second at the Deutsche Bank, then won the BMW and the Tour Championship. The Presidents Cup and Target World Challenge don't count as offical wins, so his official win streak will be 3 after tomorrow.
Jesus. I'm a moron. I just realized I quoted your post from LAST YEAR. Nevermind. You were definitely right at the time. That was his 7th straight PGA Tour win. Forget I said anything.

Tiger is a frickin stud.
Old 01-27-08, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 01-27-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I never thought it could be possible, but Tiger may just win the Grand Slam this year. The odds are still stacked against him, because you always have one cinderella story for a year, let alone a major, like Zack Johnson that plays out of his mind for 4 days. But the 4 major courses are perfect for Tiger to make a run at it, and that would then put him 1 back of Nicklaus's 18 majors.
Old 01-27-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh H
Some great free advertising for Nike with the ball pausing on the lip with the Swoosh facing right out.
Nike pays a lot for that 'free' advertising.
Old 01-27-08, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by coli
I never thought it could be possible, but Tiger may just win the Grand Slam this year. The odds are still stacked against him, because you always have one cinderella story for a year, let alone a major, like Zack Johnson that plays out of his mind for 4 days. But the 4 major courses are perfect for Tiger to make a run at it, and that would then put him 1 back of Nicklaus's 18 majors.
Plus in the upcoming years the US Open will be held at Pebble Beach and Bethpage and the British Open will be held at St. Andrews in 2010 I believe.

As ridiculous as this should sound I can easily see him winning probably 6-10 of the next 12 majors.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.