Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWECW / TNA / ROH 10/30 - 11/5: Cyber Sunday PPV

Old 10-30-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WWECW / TNA / ROH 10/30 - 11/5: Cyber Sunday PPV

I'm still having problems getting my home computer running, and since I don't work on Monday, I apologize for giving half-assed threads. As soon as I get everything back in order around here and I don't have to use this antique piece of crap, things should get better.

Anywho, on to Raw:

The never-ending McMahon / DX sags marches into yet another PPV, and shows no sign of stopping. At this point the only thing we can hope for is that Shane and Vince both suffer serious injuries that prevent them from ever taking bumps again. Hell, even that probably won't stop the ego-fest.

Vince, Eric Bischoff and Coach will all be on The Cutting Edge. Oh yay.

Booker and Big Slow will be in attendance.

Lita will face Maria to see who gets to face Mickie James for the vacant women's title. Just fucking get it over with and give it to Maria, and drill it into our heads once and for all that the title is meaningless.

ECW house shows (the last we'll see for now) had Paul Heyman added, saying he had a huge announcement for the shows. The "huge announcement" was that Big Show was injured and Heyman was putting himself in each night's main event against RVD. How many times will Vince pull this "big announcement" gag before the fans tire of it?

Smackdown & ECW were taped last night, and... well, you just might want to miss it.

Heyman makes an announcement about the December to Dismember PPV

Shannon Moore vs. Daivari w/ Great Khali (may be a typo... either way, Khali in ECW? Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse)

Sabu vs. Kevin Thornn

Trinity vs. Ariel vs. Kelly in a costume contest

Test & Big Show vs. Bob Holly & RVD

Smackdown:

Kendrick & London vs. Stevens & James

Kane & Undertaker vs. MVP & Ken Kennedy

Vito & Layla vs. The Miz & Kristal

Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Gregory Helms

Jamie Noble vs. Bobby Lashly

Finlay vs. Batista
Old 10-30-06, 02:55 PM
Banned

The Brothers of Destruction might give me a reason to watch Smackdown. It is still on Thursdays right? j/k
Old 10-30-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TNA Impact 11/2 : Christian vs Rhino, Tournament Matches, New Champ : Sting

and this Thursday Night on Spike TV at 11pm it's TNA Impact! (the last 11pm Impact before they move to 9pm!)

Weapons on a Pole Match
Christian Cage vs Rhino

and 3 Fight For Your Fight Tournament Matchs

Ron "The Truth" Killings vs Lance Hoyt

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs Robert Roode

X-Division Title Match
(yes, it's a title match AND a tournament match)
Chris Sabin (c) vs AJ Styles

the three winners of those matchs go against each other in a triple threat match next week, the winner of that faces Abyss for a title shot at Sting at the next PPV.

plus, an interview with Sting! also... Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, The L.A.X., America's Most Wanted, Kevin Nash, Alex Shelley and much more!

- PLEASE, NO SPOILERS -
Old 10-30-06, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

from wrestlingobserver.com

Colt Cabana lost the small toe in his left foot in an auto accident late Friday night driving from Dayton to Chicago. His car hydroplaned and crashed into a median four or five times. He as driving with no shoes on. Cabana, Adam Pearce and Dave Prazak were all in the car and taken to the hospital. All worked the Chicago show the next day even though they were shaken up.

That's some serious committment to wrestle a day after getting a toe cut off.
Old 10-30-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, how many times is Christian going to wrestle Rhino. They are running the gambit of match types. I can only assume a bra and panties match between them next week.
Old 10-30-06, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601

That's some serious committment to wrestle a day after getting a toe cut off.
He didn't. It was a joke.
Old 10-30-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sorry, it's horribly racist, and I'll probably get blasted for giving into WWE humor, but Cryme Tyme is hilarious!
Old 10-30-06, 10:17 PM

I have to hand it to him...Cena can deliver a damn good promo. But when the bell rings, the fat lady sings.
Old 10-30-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I assume I didn't miss anything important tonight?

Let's see, my choices for the evening were as follows:

1. Stay home and watch Raw.

2. Go to dinner & a movie with a pretty lady.

Yeah, the vote wasn't even close on that one. BTW, Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D absolutely rocks, go see it if your local theater is running it.
Old 10-30-06, 11:48 PM

The Toe!

Taken from Colt's Myspace:

Joking about serious issues...

I don't have internet on my computer at home...yet...

I can get on the Internet on my phone and I was able to read some of the messages and what not people were asking me about the accident.

Even with the accident, I worked Fri, Sat and Sunday. When I got home late Sunday night I was talking to my buddy Kip who was on the Internet. For all my fans, you know my sense of humor and how much I like to have a laugh. Well...Please understand that my (non-wrestling) friends are probably 10x worse.

So I figured, instead of waiting to go to the Library or my parents house, I just asked him to type up my Blog for me, word for word as I told him. Well...he did...but he decided to add a part about my toe which wasn't true.

After the accident I had told him how I was driving barefoot and had bruised my foot. We thought it'd be funny to say that I got my left pinky toe amputated. Obviously, I told him not to put it in there....Well...He did. When people started to talk about it I had asked him to change it, but he didn't do such a great job of it. He doesn't really understand how big our "little wrestling world" is, so he didn't see it as anything more than something to make him and my buddies laugh.

I was pissed off when everyone kept asking me about my toe, but now that I'm at my parents house writing this, I kinda laugh about it.

Everything in that last Blog was completely the facts. It was a very scary moment in my life and I have constant thoughts about not only my life, but being responsible for the lives of others. Its completely changed my outlook on life and everyday things that I can do that I might take for granted.

Buckle up kids and don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Your 10 toe'd friend

Cabana
Old 10-31-06, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
Man, how many times is Christian going to wrestle Rhino. They are running the gambit of match types. I can only assume a bra and panties match between them next week.
actually, the Weapons on a Pole match is to collect weapons for them to use next week when the two fight yet again in a steel cage match on the 9pm two hour Impact special.
Old 10-31-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Turborobb - questions on past Pick 'Em contests and this coming one:

I'm going through past results to compile overall scores. TNA's Hard Justice PPV had 2 issues that need to be addressed. First of all, the 4-way tag match didn't happen thanks to the fire, so my suggestion would be to eliminate it completely and turn it from a 1-9 point contest into a 1-8 point contest. On top of that, the Chris Sabin / Kevin Nash contest didn't happen, instead it was Sabin vs. Alex Shelley. Once again, I would suggest eliminating this match from the listings, and set a precedent that any match where the participants change is eliminated from the scorings (thus making Hard Justice a 7 match PPV). The Pick 'Em contest is your baby, though, so your word is final - your thoughts?

Secondly, how do you think we should handle the Pick 'Em contest for Cyber Sunday? Pick match winners and voting winners? It looks like a clusterfunk of possibilities.
Old 10-31-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cryme Tyme is hilarious!
stealing the flatscreen was pretty good. carrying it to the ring was lame.
Old 10-31-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New match added to Cyber Sunday - Cryme Tyme vs. Highlanders vs. Haas & Viscera vs. Cade & Murdoch. Fans "vote" on the type of match - Fatal Fourway, Tag Team Turmoil or Texas Tornado.
Old 11-01-06, 12:37 AM
Banned

I talked to Colt after the ROH show on Saturday. His eye was heavily bandaged from Lacey and Jimmy Jacobs attack. I might be wrong but was that not Colt dressed up as a fairy ringside at ECW?
Old 11-01-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Colt Cabana is a liar!"
Old 11-01-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MovieMaster11
I talked to Colt after the ROH show on Saturday. His eye was heavily bandaged from Lacey and Jimmy Jacobs attack. I might be wrong but was that not Colt dressed up as a fairy ringside at ECW?
Yes it was, and with 10 toes too. I didn't see the show but from what I'm told, Matt Longtime & Dysfunction were also in costume @ ringside.
Old 11-03-06, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Turborobb - questions on past Pick 'Em contests and this coming one:

I'm going through past results to compile overall scores. TNA's Hard Justice PPV had 2 issues that need to be addressed. First of all, the 4-way tag match didn't happen thanks to the fire, so my suggestion would be to eliminate it completely and turn it from a 1-9 point contest into a 1-8 point contest. On top of that, the Chris Sabin / Kevin Nash contest didn't happen, instead it was Sabin vs. Alex Shelley. Once again, I would suggest eliminating this match from the listings, and set a precedent that any match where the participants change is eliminated from the scorings (thus making Hard Justice a 7 match PPV). The Pick 'Em contest is your baby, though, so your word is final - your thoughts?

Secondly, how do you think we should handle the Pick 'Em contest for Cyber Sunday? Pick match winners and voting winners? It looks like a clusterfunk of possibilities.
I agree that the four way should be taken out, but when someone doesn't show my thought was if you picked the guy who didn't show (Nash) then you don't get the points even if Shelley won but if Sabin won and you picked him, you should get the points.

as far as Cyber Sunday.... I don't know. I think everyone should just pick who they think will win each match. This means the person you pick to win might not even be voted into the match. But that's fair for everyone. For example, the IC title match you can pick any of the four (Hardy, Shelton, Nitro or Carlito)

What do you guys think?

Old 11-03-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

cyber Sunday so far:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. World Heavyweight Champion King Booker vs. ECW World Champion Big Show
DX vs. Edge & Randy Orton
Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy vs. ???
World Tag Team Champions Spirit Squad vs. Ric Flair & ???
Umaga vs. ???
Women's Championship Tournament Final
Four Team Tag Match
Old 11-03-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, there's nothing that interests me on that PPV.
Old 11-04-06, 07:06 PM

I've been really liking some of what I've seen from TNA lately, but the segment with the James Gang supposedly breaking character and quitting was a big turn off. I really wish Russo would get it through his thick skull that we are all in on the fact that wrestling is scripted. So when two guys come out and "quit" the company, we don't buy it for one second. Why does he think that he has to go to such great lengths to fool us wrestling fans? It never works, and it turns more people off. I just wish he would stick to the basics when it comes to booking. That whole angle looked like something you would have seen on WCW TV 6 years ago. That's not a good thing (IMO).
Old 11-04-06, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Totally agree with that one. We suspend a ton of disbelief when we get into these wrestling shows, but crap like the James Gang stuff just breaks down the wall and reminds me how fake the whole thing is. Don't take me out of the whole thing with a lame angle like that. Very poor judgment by Russo.
Old 11-05-06, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just bought tickets for the WWE supershow on Monday in Columbus, OH. Haven't been to a wrestling show since I was in high school (Summer Slam 1991).

I'm not too excited about it, just hoping it will be somewhat entertaining. When I watch the WWE shows on TV, I comment about how much they suck. I can't imagine saying that as I watch in person...