Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2006-2007 NHL Regular Season Thread

Old 10-08-06, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sharks win again. Not as exciting as opening night, but a win's a win.
Old 10-08-06, 03:44 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Leafs lose in a shootout with Montreal. It was a decent game, and from what I saw of it, the Leafs seemed to outplay them. It's still a point, but they should've won it. Ah well..
Old 10-12-06, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was so pissed last night that the Ducks lost the shootout to the Islanders. Ducks had it going on for the first three games.
Old 10-12-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The refs did a pretty poor job in the Pens/Rangers game. They were calling way too much small stuff, including the penalty on Jagr that cost the Rangers the game. It was good to see the Pens battle back when they got down. Last season, you knew as soon as they got behind they were done. They've looked like a pretty decent team over the first three games.
Old 10-12-06, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
The refs did a pretty poor job in the Pens/Rangers game. They were calling way too much small stuff, including the penalty on Jagr that cost the Rangers the game. It was good to see the Pens battle back when they got down. Last season, you knew as soon as they got behind they were done. They've looked like a pretty decent team over the first three games.
Will you still care when they're playing in Hamilton?
Old 10-13-06, 12:21 AM

It sucks that there is no NHL on TV. I don't get OLN. I really miss the ESPN games with Thorne and Clement.
Old 10-13-06, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, what a disasterous 3rd period for the Sharks. Guess the Oilers still have their number. :/
Old 10-13-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Will you still care when they're playing in Hamilton?
I'll probably still follow the team if they move (although I don't think it will be to Hamilton). I really like the team they have put together, and think they are going to be great in the next few years. It's not the players fault if the team moves, so I don't see myself fllowing a new team if they move on. If a team ever would come back to Pittsburgh, I'd probably then cut ties with the old group. I love hockey too much to not have a team to follow and root for.

That being said, the IoC offer seems to be looking more attractive with the uncertainty surrounding the Harrah's buyout. I think having Balsillie buying the team will actually help keep them here. There is no doubt that if he doesn't get a good arena deal, he'll be moving the team. This gives him some leverage against the politicians to actually threaten to move the team. Lemieux could never really do this. I'm cautiously optimistic that they will be sticking around, either through the IoC deal, or a revamped Plan B that makes it worthwhile to stay.
Old 10-13-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Was the 1st time in 24 years that 3 teens scored for the same team in a game with goals by Crosby,Staal and Letang for the Pens and just imagine if they had that old guy Malkin in their lineup
Old 10-13-06, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sabres rule again in the shootout
Old 10-13-06, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Sabres rule again in the shootout

Let's Go Buffalo!
Old 10-14-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That was a horrible game on Thursday for the Leafs. They scored 6 goals and lose in a shootout, pathetic.
Old 10-14-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sharks win 2 of 3 on their western Canada road trip. Should have been 3 wins, but oh well, you can't win em all.

They're giving up too many goals right now though, and that's a little worrisome.
Old 10-14-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Calgary at Toronto tonight and with mixed feelings i will say go Flames!
Old 10-14-06, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny hearing a female doing the color commentary on Hockey Night in Canada,go Cassie!
Old 10-14-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Scary situation in the Pens/Canes game. Letowski got caught by a poorly thrown check by Colby Armstrong. He was out before he even hit the ice. Looked like his shoulder caught him square on the chin. Hopefully he's ok. Armostrong is not a dirty player, but he does look for the big hits.
Old 10-14-06, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great game in Toronto tonight and big congrats to Mats Sundin with his 500th goal which was the OT winner,short-handed AND a gave him his hat-trick
Old 10-16-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Looks like Malkin is set for a Wednesday debut. Hope they're not rushing him in...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 10-17-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Love those old sabres jerseys. They never should have gone away from the blue and yellow.
Old 10-17-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't wait to see Malkin tomorrow night...I'll bring my cam, post some pics.

As for tonight's games...I'm loving the throwback Sabres jersey as well, and I absolutely love the fact that the Flyers are totally in fucking trouble. I said before the season I don't think they're going to make the playoffs this year...and it's because they are too fucking big, clunky, slow, and old. Buffalo is skating all over them...
Old 10-17-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
As for tonight's games...I'm loving the throwback Sabres jersey as well, and I absolutely love the fact that the Flyers are totally in fucking trouble. I said before the season I don't think they're going to make the playoffs this year...and it's because they are too fucking big, clunky, slow, and old. Buffalo is skating all over them...
That goal by Afinogenov from end to end and around that big pylon Hatcher was a beauty
Old 10-17-06, 07:56 PM

That goal by Afinogenov from end to end and around that big pylon Hatcher was a beauty

Amen brother!
Old 10-17-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I want to see them hang double digits on the Flyers. 8-1 now.
Old 10-17-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

True that. This is a destruction of Philly. The Afinogenov-Vanek-Roy line is owning all
Old 10-17-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
Love those old sabres jerseys. They never should have gone away from the blue and yellow.
I say keep wearing them - 16 goals in the last two home games with them on. Too bad we are back to the "Slug" come Friday vs Carolina. (Next time we go old school logo/jersey is Nov 4 vs the Leafs. 15 home games this season we will wear that jersey and we can choose to wear it at home in the playoffs too.)

Actually like the "Goathead", too bad we couldn't use that logo on these new look jerseys - hate that "Slug" but hey if we keep winning with it - I may just like it eventually!

What a game tonight - glad I was there to see it! whoo hoo! Sabres could make a DVD set of just them slaughtering the Flyers...8-0! 8-2! 7-1! and now 9-1!

Go Sabres!

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 10-17-06 at 11:17 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.