Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Basketball card price guide??

Old 10-01-06, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Basketball card price guide??

Hey Guys,

I have a lot of old basketball cards (starting from 92-93) and am looking for a price guide to see how much they are. I bought the newest beckett but it only lists a select few amount of cards from that long ago.. Do any of you guys know where I can get a guide listing all basketball cards (including inserts) ?

Thanks,
Old 10-02-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Beckett.com

$4.95 for the Basketball price guide which features about 99.9% of all cards ever made.

I would list the prices but I only have access to the hockey guide.
Old 10-02-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would think if it's not listed in Beckett's, it's not worth anything. As very few cards were during that time. I have a lot of useless Skybox/Upper Deck ones when I collected boxes. Never could get a whole set from buying a whole Upper Deck box. Fuckers.
Old 10-02-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Beckett really condensed its price guide in recent years. When I was collecting heavily (mid-to-late '90s) the guide was ample and specific prices were listed for more than the star cards. That's not the case anymore.

So unless you have some really great things, Beckett isn't going to lead you anywhere. I'd imagine that if you don't have anything really special from the era you're talking about, you're better off giving them away. The bottom really fell out of that market.
Old 10-03-06, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Unless your cards are from 2000- and up, then you might have something. Dwayne Wade's Exquisite rookie sold for $250K not to long ago