Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Colin Cowherd sucks! (ESPN Radio's The Herd)

Old 09-29-06, 12:33 AM
Banned

Colin Cowherd sucks! (ESPN Radio's The Herd)

Why does this clown still have a job? Every point he makes is dumb and then he shoves it down our throats about 50x before the segment ends.

"I like players with ceiling!" (referring to the NBA Draft (he thinks Shelden Williams is a good player, enough said.))

"TO has a lot of "enablers" like Jerry Jones, Drew Rosenhaus, and..." (douchebag can never come up with a third person on his "list" and yet still says that same crap about TO's enablers every time TO is mentioned)

Anyone else hate this guy?
Old 09-29-06, 12:43 AM
Banned

Example of Colin's lack of intelligence:

http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/20...n-cowherd.html
Old 09-29-06, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

TO does have a lot of enablers. He just had to stop before he accidentally said his employer's name.
Old 09-29-06, 12:51 AM
Banned

http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/200...ws-m-zone.html
Old 09-29-06, 08:53 AM
Banned

This dickhead trashed Eddie Guerrero after his tragic death.
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2005/1132069154.shtml

That speaks volumes of the piece of shit that he is.
Old 09-29-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Eh, he's entertaining and he's got a schtick. I don't listen to his program for any words of wisdom.
Old 09-29-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cowherd can be a bit bombastic but when he can be very funny much of the time. He's definitely easier to listen to than Jim Rome, who has a bit too much of a cynical attitude that can turn off some listeners not used to Rome's "gloss."

Be glad most people haven't heard the Philadelphia sports talk shows--those shows can be brutal on the local sports teams (just like Philadelphia area sports fans).
Old 09-29-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Why does this clown still have a job?
How about the fact Cowherd's show is ESPN Radio's second-most popular radio show after Mike & Mike in the Morning?
Old 09-29-06, 09:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RayChuang
How about the fact Cowherd's show is ESPN Radio's second-most popular radio show after Mike & Mike in the Morning?

That has probably more to do with the timeslot than anything else.
Old 09-30-06, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd rather listen to Cowherd than Jim Rome ... but back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 09-30-06, 12:21 PM

I've caught a bit of his show and that "ricola-ridiculous" thing where he sings like a girl is the lamest thing I've heard on the radio in a long time. Show's pretty weak and I'm kind of amazed he has decent ratings.
Old 09-30-06, 01:08 PM
Banned

And his bashing of Tony Larussa and "dot edu" guys is lame.
Old 09-30-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bill_n_opus
I'd rather listen to Cowherd than Jim Rome

Jim Rome imbodies SUCK
Old 09-30-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

CC is definately an acquired taste. I use to listen to him regularly (before the ESPN Radio affiliate down here went POOF!), but he isn't exactly a sports expert...in anything. Mike & Mike are excellent. Jim Rome.....too much schtick. I think he is a really bright guy, and can have some great insight, but his persona/schtick gets in the way.

-p
Old 09-30-06, 02:11 PM
Banned

Has Rome ever gone on the air saying "I like guys with ceiling"?
Old 09-30-06, 02:11 PM
Banned

Jim Rome is annoying, Colin Cowherd is an idiot.
Old 09-30-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Has Rome ever gone on the air saying "I like guys with ceiling"?
I don't particularly care for his show, but his point was that he likes the guys that are drafted based on what they did in three/four years in college, rather than the guys who are drafted based on potential after one year in college w/ mediocre numbers.
Old 09-30-06, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I don't particularly care for his show, but his point was that he likes the guys that are drafted based on what they did in three/four years in college, rather than the guys who are drafted based on potential after one year in college w/ mediocre numbers.

Yeah but saying "I like guys with ceiling" is dumb. How about "I like guys with proven record/performance"?
Old 09-30-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And his bashing of Tony Larussa and "dot edu" guys is lame.
Actually, I agree with Cowherd about LaRussa. After all, how many World Series championships has LaRussa won as a manager with the White Sox, A's and Cardinals--a grand total of one. LaRussa is a great regular season manager but his post-season record isn't anything to write home about.
Old 09-30-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For the most part, national guys suck. It seems the bigger the show gets, the more they get worried about ratings, and they start doing stupid shit to get attention. Good factual discussions about sports falls by the wayside many times.

Around here in Michigan we have a late-night sports talk show called "Parker & The Man" that's easily one of the best sports talk shows I've ever heard, and definitely better than any national show. It's great because it's informative for the hard-core sports junkies, but a person like me that only peripherally follows sports can still be entertained by it and never feel like they're talking down to you.
Old 10-01-06, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RayChuang
Actually, I agree with Cowherd about LaRussa. After all, how many World Series championships has LaRussa won as a manager with the White Sox, A's and Cardinals--a grand total of one. LaRussa is a great regular season manager but his post-season record isn't anything to write home about.

LaRussa's track record is not even the point. Cowherd the college dropout dumbfuck just hates LaRussa for being a "dot edu" guy.
Old 10-01-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LaRussa's track record is not even the point. Cowherd the college dropout dumbfuck just hates LaRussa for being a "dot edu" guy.
Yes, and LaRussa somehow lost three World Series to teams on a roll: the Dodgers in 1988, the Reds in 1990 and the Red Sox in 2004. I think even Cardinals fans are tiring of LaRussa not "closing the deal," as the old saying goes.

You may not like Cowherd, but I think he's probably one of the funniest hosts on sports talk radio....
Old 10-01-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

His track record is part of the point if the track record is why he doesn't like that kind of coach.
Old 10-01-06, 12:14 PM
Banned

No he's only using the track record to somehow validate his inane hate.

Basically he hates those dot edu guys and he is using the postseason performance of LaRussa to prove that he is "right".

In other words, LaRussa could have 10 World Series titles and Cowherd would still hate him for being a dot edu guy.
Old 10-01-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.