Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2006 Fantasy Football Week 4 Advice Thread

Old 09-26-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

2006 Fantasy Football Week 4 Advice Thread

Post your questions, comments or advice.
Old 09-26-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm in a bad situation with Alexander gone up to a month with the foot injury. That leaves me with J. Jones and Chester Taylor as my main two RBs. I have placed a waiver claim for Maurice Morris but I'm sixth on the waiver list and I may not get him. I'm 2-1 right now and hopefully my team doesn't tank while he's out.
Plus, I think that Alexander's injury will persist throughout the season.
Old 09-26-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's some advice. Play these guys:

QB: Carson Palmer
WR: Chad Johnson
WR: Derek Mason
WR: Jerricho Cotchery
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Kevin Jones
TE: Ben Watson
K: Ryan Longwell
D: Philadelphia

They'll all have career days. I'll update this list if my FF opponent changes his lineup. 2 losses in a row where I go against the highest score in my league.
Old 09-26-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

WEEK 4

Sunday, Oct. 1

Arizona at Atlanta 1:00 p.m.
Dallas at Tennessee 1:00 p.m.
Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets 1:00 p.m.
Miami at Houston 1:00 p.m.
Minnesota at Buffalo 1:00 p.m.
New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 p.m.
San Diego at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.
San Francisco at Kansas City 1:00 p.m.
Detroit at St. Louis 4:05 p.m.
Cleveland at Oakland 4:15 p.m.
Jacksonville at Washington 4:15 p.m.
New England at Cincinnati 4:15 p.m.
Seattle at Chicago 8:15 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 2

Green Bay at Philadelphia 8:30 p.m.
Open date: Denver, N.Y. Giants, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay
Old 09-26-06, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not sure if I am going to start Grossman or Rivers. And I am actually contemplating dropping one of them, most likely the latter, to pick up Charlie Frye for the weekend.

I will most likely keep Williamson on my bench next to Moss and start Brown again.
Old 09-26-06, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alex Smith (SF) @ KC
or
Kurt Warner (ARI) @ ATL

Last edited by NORML54601; 09-26-06 at 07:03 PM. Reason: looking @ wrong week schedule
Old 09-26-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Alex Smith (SF) @ ATL
or
Kurt Warner (ARI) @ NO
San Fran is playing KC and Arizona is playing Atlanta.

I'm a Kurt Warner's owner so I'm biased in my decision that Alex Smith is your best bet. Warner's days are numbered especially with all of the fumbles and interceptions.
Old 09-26-06, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by B.A.
I'm not sure if I am going to start Grossman or Rivers. And I am actually contemplating dropping one of them, most likely the latter, to pick up Charlie Frye for the weekend.

I will most likely keep Williamson on my bench next to Moss and start Brown again.
Frye? Oakland's D isn't as bad as people think, and Frye isn't going to torch it even if it was.
Old 09-26-06, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I need to dump a kicker. Kaeding-SD or Gould-Chi. Kaeding's already has his bye week, but from the majority of what I've read, the Bears are suppose to have on the easier schedules this season. Any thoughts? At this point, I'm leaning towards dropping Gould, simply because I picked him up to cover Kaeding's bye week.
Old 09-26-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
I need to dump a kicker. Kaeding-SD or Gould-Chi. Kaeding's already has his bye week, but from the majority of what I've read, the Bears are suppose to have on the easier schedules this season. Any thoughts? At this point, I'm leaning towards dropping Gould, simply because I picked him up to cover Kaeding's bye week.

I would dump Kaeding, Gould is perfect on all his FG tries this year and is leading the league in scoring
Old 09-27-06, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I dropped Cooley and picked up Eric Johnson for my back-up TE - I'll have to play him next week.
Old 09-27-06, 10:03 AM

I am trying to decide between using Grossman or Frye. I have Eli but it is his Bye week.

I am also trying to decide on a kicker, right now I have kaeding and John Carney to pick from.
Old 09-27-06, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Frye? Oakland's D isn't as bad as people think, and Frye isn't going to torch it even if it was.
Is it as good as BAL's DEF? Because, last I checked, he did pretty good against one of the best DEF in the league ...

I'm not saying Frye is a great option but -- one that is worth considering -- especially playing against OAK.

With two healthy and tremendously talented weapons in Winslow and Edwards, Frye could be a good play. They will have no running game to speak of other than -- you guessed it -- FRYE !!

I don't think I would start him over Rivers but -- I may give him the nod over Grossman ...
Old 09-27-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah - I don't think Frye is a bad option at all this week.
Old 09-27-06, 11:46 AM

Man -- a LOT of kicker questions !

Anyway, K is such a volatile position -- who knows what someone is going to do week to week or year to year.

Personally, I'd rather take the guy on the better offense -- better offense should lead to more opportunities. To me -- that means Kaeding. But, like I said, just never know. If you have a team that can move the ball but can't get the end zone -- that can give you the FG's you need. I think this is what has happened to Gould so far.

Also -- I would never keep two K's on my team -- for the reasons mentioned above and the fact that there is some skill position player out there that is probably more valuable than an extra K.
Old 09-27-06, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah - I don't think Frye is a bad option at all this week.
I'm actually thinking of dropping McNair for the guy. McNair is my main QB in two leagues -- which is what happens when you load up on other skill positions. While McNair is serviceable, he's fairly vanilla. As with almost all QB's, you're going to get something like 12-18 points -- but, I think Frye -- as an example -- has the chance to go out and do a 300 yard and 2 TD game -- I just don't see BAL ever getting in that mindset even though they have the weapons.
Old 09-27-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Warner or Bledsoe this Sunday?
Old 09-27-06, 01:36 PM

I have a dilemma this week at QB. Eli is out so that leaves me with:

Favre @ Philly
Grossman v Seattle

I would have to pick Favre up off waivers.
Old 09-27-06, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
Warner or Bledsoe this Sunday?
Yikes -- that has "whomever is left on the bench is going to blow up" written all over it.

Based on match up -- I think I would give the nod to Bledsoe. With all the starting QB politics, Warner and his hurt hand, OFF line and snap problems -- I would be leary of starting Warner.
Old 09-27-06, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by charlie bucket
I have a dilemma this week at QB. Eli is out so that leaves me with:

Favre @ Philly
Grossman v Seattle

I would have to pick Favre up off waivers.
I'd say Favre and don't think it's close. Better weapons, better skills and better matchup. The SEA/CHI matchup may turn into a fantasy blackhole unless your name is Brown or Gould.
Old 09-27-06, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by WheelsOff
Yikes -- that has "whomever is left on the bench is going to blow up" written all over it.
Exactly my dilemma.

Luckily I have Eli as my starting QB.
Old 09-27-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I'm in a bad situation with Alexander gone up to a month with the foot injury. That leaves me with J. Jones and Chester Taylor as my main two RBs. I have placed a waiver claim for Maurice Morris but I'm sixth on the waiver list and I may not get him. I'm 2-1 right now and hopefully my team doesn't tank while he's out.
Plus, I think that Alexander's injury will persist throughout the season.
If you think that, you may as well start looking to trade him. If that were true though, there would be a lot more freaking out around here. Last I've heard of it, Holmgren said it's a very small crack with no displacement. They also said the cracked bone bears no weight. I'm not sure how that's possible, being in his foot, but whatever.

Apparently he initially hurt his foot in week one and played on it the next two games which could explain his subpar performance, aside from the offensive line.
Old 09-27-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by WheelsOff
I'd say Favre and don't think it's close. Better weapons, better skills and better matchup. The SEA/CHI matchup may turn into a fantasy blackhole unless your name is Brown or Gould.
I agree. Seattle's pass coverage has been excellent so far, and now Favre may have found someone to throw to besides Driver.
Old 09-27-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alexander claims that he might play this weekend after all. Guess prayer helped his foot heal or something.

What do y'all suggest in this situation? I'm in a touchdown-heavy league. I have Marvin Harrison and Andre Johnson as my receivers. Lots of catches. Lots of yards. No TDs. So every week, they give me 3-5 points, while the receivers for the teams I play get 8 or more because of TDs.

Will it ever be smart to bench one of these receivers for Barlow? Right now I'm starting Rudi Johnson and Ahman Green at RB, but at flex, I'm thinking Barlow...but if he doesn't score, he's worthless.

Stick with the receivers and hope they start getting TDs, or go with Barlow?
Old 09-27-06, 05:54 PM

Favre @ Eagles or Brady @ Bengals

and

1 of these can play

Marion Barber @ Titans
Joe Horn @ Panthers
Matt Jones @ Redskins
Eddie Kenison vs 49er's

Just a note, I do get a point per reception in my league if that swings your opinion.

Any input would be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.