Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

tv sports packages

Old 09-18-06, 12:42 PM

tv sports packages

Anyone else a fan of US football? Who’s your team? I like the Raiders, but also other teams. I’ve been thinking about signing up for some sort of sports package, anyone got one to recommend? I like the commercials for the DirectTV one with that crochety old dude, see if I can find ‘em online… yeah: www.heybuttercup.com suppose it’s silly to sign up for a service cuz you like the commercial, but it looks good. Anyone have it?
Old 09-18-06, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have Sunday Ticket and am very happy with it, but the SuperFan package is overkill IMO.

das
Old 09-18-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was unaware that to get all the games in HD you had to get the superfan package. That f'n sucked, but we paid them their $100. We were joking that pretty soon you'll need to pay for the audio or to have the games in color, but we split it and I guess it's worth the $50 for the rest of the season.
Old 09-18-06, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The NHL schedule sucks(too many divisional games)-this is one reason for not getting the NHL package.
Old 09-19-06, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by bravesmg
I was unaware that to get all the games in HD you had to get the superfan package. That f'n sucked, but we paid them their $100. We were joking that pretty soon you'll need to pay for the audio or to have the games in color, but we split it and I guess it's worth the $50 for the rest of the season.
Oh, well that clinches it. I guess I have to get the Superfan package. Didn't spend a ridiculous amount on a giant HDTV for nothing. Really $100 isn't nearly as much as I spend per month at sports bars, so I'm not gonna complain about the price. Hey, do you know what they do with the audio on the 8 games on 1 screen? Is it silent, or a mix, or what?