Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

TNA on Spike TV 1/28 (Rhino vs Abyss and some squash matches, Sting finally shows up)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

TNA on Spike TV 1/28 (Rhino vs Abyss and some squash matches, Sting finally shows up)

Old 01-25-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Saturday at 11pm on Spike TV it's TNA Impact (replay Monday at Midnight)

Abyss vs Rhino

Jeff Jarrett vs Jay Lethal

Samoa Joe vs Matt Bentley

Team 3D vs Kenny King & Buck Quarterman

plus... Will Sting ever come to Impact? Who's on Jeff Jarrett's world title contract? also... AJ Styles, Christian Cage, Jackie Gayda, Gail Kim, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Alex Shelley, Sonjay Dutt, Chris Sabin and more!

- - PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS - -
Old 01-25-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Abyss vs Rhino = Cool

Jay Lethal, Kenny King, Buck Quarterman = Hello jobbers of TNA!

Samoa Joe vs Matt Bentley = Joe is going to kill him

Was there a legitimate reason Sting didn't show up last week or was he pulling a Kevin Nash?
Old 01-25-06, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Was there a legitimate reason Sting didn't show up last week or was he pulling a Kevin Nash?

He really was there, its just that they tape a couple weeks in advance and they were holding off his appearence until the next week.

Bently vs Joe is definatly not a squash (Tracy is hot) it should be a good match but Matt is still going to get his ass kicked.

Abyss vs Rhino should be great as usual.

Last edited by cactusoly; 01-25-06 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bently vs Joe is definatly not a squash (Tracy is hot) it should be a good match but Matt is still going to get his as kicked.
i don't know...I didn't think the Samoa Joe/Amazing Red match would be over too quickly when they had that a few weeks ago, but it was pretty much all SQUASH.
Old 01-26-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last week's episode was rather boring. The James Gang just needs to be pulled from the on-air show. It's pretty piss poor when the only reason they're on is for name recognition.

I'm looking forward to this week's show though. TNA's doing a good job of improving the "entertainment" aspect of their show.
Old 01-26-06, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Poor Jay Lethal.. I wanna see him work a full match and not get squashed. I was impressed by a couple of his moves in his first match with Samoa Joe, but well, that only goes so far.
Old 01-26-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope tna does either a battle royale for a title shot, or maybe a fatal 4 way w/christian, monty brown, sting and jerrett
Old 01-27-06, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think Sting will be appearing at this PPV
Old 01-29-06, 09:33 AM

Dang. Missed Impact last night because of work.

Gonna have to watch Monday's replay.
Old 01-29-06, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
So they hold Sting out a week so he could say goodbye? Ok show, but that was kind of a let down if it's not a work.
Old 01-29-06, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Sting thing has to be a work right? All this hype and he quits after one PPV. Okay show last night, but I agree James Gang should be replaced with some of the better young talent they have.
Old 01-29-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TNA booking = ?????

storylines are going nowhere..... what the hell... i was happy to see Sting but why the hell the goodbye.. i mean i know its a work but this crap better be a good outcome....
Old 01-29-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All that Sting hype and that's what they deliver?

Jay Lethal = Impressive. Haven't seen much of him but that guy could have an incredible future if booked properly
Old 01-31-06, 10:40 AM

Although I missed the rerun of Saturday's Impact...I was glad it got a great rating (1.1 rating) considering its timeslot.

I dunno how it got that high of a rating, is it because of Sting? If so, I gotta say is wow who knew a big-name star like Sting can draw in viewers.

Then again, from what I read about what other people's thoughts of Raw...it may not be that surprising if they tuned into Impact to end their their wrestling night better.
Old 01-31-06, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think there are a large number of old wrestling fans that would like to give a decent show a chance after years of putting up with the mediocre at best WWE offering. Obviously a name like Sting would bring them in for at least the curiousity factor. I'm hoping the TNA show catches on because I like it, but they have made some weird booking decisions the last few weeks that may cause people tuning in for the first time to just figure its another Raw and never turn it on again.
Old 01-31-06, 09:26 PM

I heard some big news:

It seems Keller, from the Torch in his latest audio update (1.31), says that the news will be announced officially soon that TNA is moving to Thursday night, primetime, 8 to 9 PM. Followed by UFC, I presume from 9 to 11.

This is really great news if true. What do you think? Is Keller good with info like this?
Old 02-01-06, 11:07 PM

I actually liked the Sting thing. I thought it seemed real. Although when he talked about watching AJ Styles I have to wonder about the Stinger's memory since he had matches against and with AJ in 2003. He was on a few WWA shows too, so that five year thing is off.

I wish they would let Jay Lethal show what he can do, he was one of about five awesome guys left in the indys that TNA hasn't signed.

After seeing Abyss in person and realzing how huge he is I now love Rhino, with the way he tossed Abyss around like he was Hardy.

Watching Samoa Joe vs Matt Bentley I realized how they've changed from 2003. Samoa Joe was having awesome matches with guys that could carry the match, Michael Shane...err...Bentley was having awesome matches with everyone, stuff like the crazy street fight with Paul London in RoH and the Ultimate X. Joe & Bentley were in the Group in RoH. Now Bently moves so slow, and Joe is awesome.

I'll say Keller is reliable, and now pwinsider is reporting they might even get an 8-9:30 spot.