Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

TNA on Spike TV 12/8-11 (Thursday Prime Time Special / Turning Point PPV on Sunday)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

TNA on Spike TV 12/8-11 (Thursday Prime Time Special / Turning Point PPV on Sunday)

Old 12-12-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Just keeps getting worse for TNA. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I would rather Jeff Jarrett be champion than Sting. Sting should not be any promotion's top guy at this point.
Old 12-12-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to come in, but didn't some of you say the last WWE ppv was bad.......
Old 12-12-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Sting is a good addition. He's better than someone like Kevin Nash at least. He might show up for a match or two.
Old 12-12-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by salamander2
So, double J v Sting, two non-jobbers who woun't put any of the new talent over, old WWF stars hogging the spotlite. Hmmm, OK. So much for Christian vs Jarrett. And with more ex-WWE guys in upper card (Christian, Dudley's, Kanyon, Raven, New Age Outlaws, Rhino), this really is WCW, isn't it? Whats the next suprise, team up Samona Joe with Brian Christopher?
Everyting you mentioned sounds good to me. I'd rather watch a Disco Inferno vs Horace Hogan match at this point rather than sit through another TRIAL OF ERIC BISCHOFF skit. Wait a sec...Eric Bischoff? He was in WCW! WWE is WCW? Huh? What? The wrestling world is so mixed up!
Old 12-12-05, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

if no one wanted to see the trial, why did it generate more rating for WWE than any previous RAW for the past year? Anyway, this I will discuss over at a WWE thread.
Ok.
Old 12-12-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

TNA isnt going into the right direction here... Sting is the new face of TNA.... not going to help the company... JJ still Champion.... not going to help the company..

All in all it was an OK PPV..... rather disappointing ending......X division is holding its own... the Heavyweight division is lacking miserably....
Old 12-12-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I think Sting is a good addition. He's better than someone like Kevin Nash at least. He might show up for a match or two.
That is arguable. Kevin Nash can have some decent promos. Sting was never good on the mic and I doubt he is going to be very watch able in the ring now that he is a lot older and has a lot of ring rust.

I won't argue that he is a good addition but I will argue that he should not be the new face of TNA and that he is not worth whatever he is being paid
Old 12-12-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wait a sec...is this the REAL Sting or is this the fake NWO Sting they've signed? Maybe TNA has been scammed!
Old 12-12-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

if sting is the new face..... then they should also sign Norman Smiley...
Old 12-12-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Wait a sec...is this the REAL Sting or is this the fake NWO Sting they've signed? Maybe TNA has been scammed!
wanna bet this is thier new angle?
Old 12-12-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
if sting is the new face..... then they should also sign Norman Smiley...
Oh my god! If TNA signed Norman Smiley, I would be in heaven. That guy was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
Old 12-12-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Smiley was in TNA already, wasnt he?
Old 12-12-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Smiley was in TNA already, wasnt he?
I don't know. I've only been watching TNA since October. I haven't seen him. I'll have to google him to see what he's up to.

Edit: Wow! He has his own detailed wikipedia entry. I guess he was in TNA for a short time a few years ago. Thats awesome! Bring him back!

Last edited by dadaluholla; 12-12-05 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i thought i saw smiley cleaning toilets the other day
Old 12-12-05, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sting is a mistake, a huge mistake. He's like 45 or something they have some great young talent they should be using that.
Old 12-12-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great... if Sting beats Captain Charisma in a match... i will officially say that TNA's days are numbered.
Old 12-12-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the PPV was awesome, every match was good or great, Aj vs Joe was one of the best matches of the year, Jarrett vs Rhino was fantastic, easly the second best match of the night (I don't care what anyone says, Jarrett works a solid match everytime and he's the best heel in wrestling, Double J rules!) Sabu/Abyss was SICK! Team 3D/AMW was good, but kind of stupid that it was non-title.

I think you guys are wrong about Sting... you might have a point if they put the belt on Sting for months and months, but I don't see that happening. Sure us "smart internet fans" want to see the young stars get the main event spotlight, but TNA needs at least one classic superstar to bring in the average joe views who don't know AJ Styles and Abyss. It was originaly going to be Nash, but after he got sidelined, it's Sting. Personaly I like to see some big name legends on TV and mix it up with the new guys... There's some interesting match-ups they could come up with beyond Sting/Jarrett... Sting vs Jeff Hardy or Sabu or Abyss or Christian or even X-division guys like Samoa Joe or Daniels could all be good matches.
Old 12-12-05, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turborobb
I thought the PPV was awesome, every match was good or great, Aj vs Joe was one of the best matches of the year, Jarrett vs Rhino was fantastic, easly the second best match of the night (I don't care what anyone says, Jarrett works a solid match everytime and he's the best heel in wrestling, Double J rules!) Sabu/Abyss was SICK! Team 3D/AMW was good, but kind of stupid that it was non-title.
yeah the ppv was great.

It was a bit scary when the guy from AMW (the "cowboy") broke his neck during the death sentence through the table. He was laying there even when the dudley's were celebrating their victory.
Also during the "barbed wire massacre" they mentioned that they acually used barbed wire while other promotions have a bw match but don't use it. what is that in reference to?
Old 12-12-05, 06:01 PM

People are say TNA is being like WCW...what about WWE being like WCW? Here's a bit from 411

Chris Benoit and Booker T in their best of seven series—where did I see that before? WCW. Who was the ref in their match? Nick Patrick, from WCW. The Big Show (originally from WCW) versus Rey Mysterio (mostly associated with WCW) remembering Eddie Guerrero (getting early fame in WCW) was being referred by Charles Robinson (from WCW). What do all these things have in common? In case you can’t tell, it’s WCW! Whether intentional or not, SmackDown! until Randy Orton appeared was a WCW flashback for me. Just a very interesting thing that made the night a little more fun and interesting.
I missed the PPV, but from a friend of mine who's seen all the Styles v Joe matches I have (TNA, RoH, PWG, IWC) says this one was the best, worth the price of the PPV. Except for Sting-taker's not an actual appearance the show looked good. Sting is a good addition to TNA if he's used right. If he's used like Jarrett, then it's just more of the same, the only thing really dragging TNA down. If he's used to put over young guys, then he's what they need.
Old 12-12-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
yeah the ppv was great.

It was a bit scary when the guy from AMW (the "cowboy") broke his neck during the death sentence through the table. He was laying there even when the dudley's were celebrating their victory.
Also during the "barbed wire massacre" they mentioned that they acually used barbed wire while other promotions have a bw match but don't use it. what is that in reference to?
Most US Feds put rubber caps on the barbed wire.
Old 12-12-05, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Pariah
I missed the PPV, but from a friend of mine who's seen all the Styles v Joe matches I have (TNA, RoH, PWG, IWC) says this one was the best, worth the price of the PPV. Except for Sting-taker's not an actual appearance the show looked good. Sting is a good addition to TNA if he's used right. If he's used like Jarrett, then it's just more of the same, the only thing really dragging TNA down. If he's used to put over young guys, then he's what they need.
I gave it ****1/2. The only thing keeping it from ****3/4 or ***** was a few awkward spots from AJ.
Old 12-13-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I will say that Turning Point was better than Survivor Series
Old 12-14-05, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I dont think this is much of a SPOILER but......

, but the main event for the next pp was announced. Christian/Sting vs Jarrett/Brown.

Great the belt isn't defended, so much for Cage getting the title shot, beating Monty, WCW all over again.
Old 12-14-05, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got back from a long day of TNA TV tapings and hanging out with the boys at the local sports bar.

Salamander beat me to it, the main event for the next PPV is Jeff Jarrett & Monty Brown vs Sting & Christian.... if by "WCW all over again" he means TNA is more fun and way better then WWE, I will agree.

it was never offical, but by what happened tonight, it looks like other PPV matches might be... Spoilers... [spoilers]AJ Styles vs Shannon Moore, Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe, Rhino vs Abyss[/spoilers]
Old 12-14-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice addition and good ppv but JJ needs to drop the belt

see wrestling only show is fine but they will never get the interest of the american public if they dont establish stars..... no one knows who these people are....

christian is a given and so is sting and team 3d..... i am glad alot of people give hope to TNA because i do to but they need more time to establish stars..... if not, they will just be a wrestling show with only wrestling and no storylines....Lets face it... without storylines... TNA is just ok

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.