Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

TNA on Spike TV 12/8-11 (Thursday Prime Time Special / Turning Point PPV on Sunday)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

TNA on Spike TV 12/8-11 (Thursday Prime Time Special / Turning Point PPV on Sunday)

Old 12-08-05, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt that the "surprise" is Bischoff. Dave Meltzer seems to think the bait and swit...er I mean surprise is less important than Christian jumping. Still, I am curious. I am a diehard WWE fan, but I do want the TNA to be successful to provide some competition to spur the quality of the WWE. Siaki must be WWE bound if he did not re-sign.
Old 12-08-05, 03:44 AM

Bischoff being fired is a work. He is probably still under WWE contract
Old 12-08-05, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by turborobb
Breaking News: TNA Star Leaves The Company
Report by TNA Wrestling News Staff on 12/07/2005 at 10:02 PM

TNAWrestlingNews.com has learned that Sonny Siaki and TNA have not agreed to terms on a new contract and he is gone from the company. A contract re-newal was offered.

Sonny's bio has been removed from TNAWrestling.com.

Siaki may be heading to the WWE although we do not have that confirmed.
WWE will bury Siaki, he isn't big enough.
Old 12-08-05, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think I even know who Sonny Siaki is. At least that will free up some money to bring in someone else.
Old 12-08-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They've buried Siaki in TNA for so long, this is non-news. The last few times we've seen him on TV he's been doing his poor-man's Rock impersonation and jobbing.

A shame, too... he had a great feud with D-Lo back in the days of the weekly PPVs
Old 12-08-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

who is siaki?

most likely will be a jobber in the WWE

oh and Bischoff has not been let go by the WWE.....
Old 12-08-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I don't think I even know who Sonny Siaki is.
http://www.sonnysiaki.com/

Statement from Sonny regarding TNA
I've been with TNA since the company started almost 4 years ago, TNA has offered me another contract but I decided to not to resign. The decision not to resign was a tough one and the reason behind me not resigning was based on many factors, many of which were beyond my control. More over, I have to put my family's well being into account. While I was trained at WCW, it was TNA that made Sonny Siaki a name in this business and I am eternally grateful of that. I had alot of fun in TNA and I think they have some of the best talents in the world there. I hope to someday work with some of the guys there in the future.

I wish TNA nothing but the best of success and prosperity in the years to come.
December 7, 2005
Old 12-08-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When are people going to learn that resign is an entirely different thing than re-sign?
Old 12-08-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The final two matches for the PPV were announcing on Impact

Raven vs "Mystery Opponent"

Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Dale Torborg w/ AJ Pierzysnki vs The Diamonds In The Rough (Simon Diamond, David Young & "PrimeTime" Elix Skipper)
Old 12-09-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have to say that last night's Impact show was pretty weak. The whole Chicago White Sox ceremony....where the hell did that come from?
Old 12-09-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, last night was kind of weak, I agree. TNA is on Prime Time again and no Title Matches at all and X-Division matches (ok, Joe vs Red is X-Division, but still, it should have been Sabin vs Aries in a sick spotfest)

The Jarrett/AMW vs Hardy/Naturals was ok, but VERY edited (I saw it live and it was almost twice that long, I thought it was the best match of the night), it was cool to see Christian in the TNA ring, but the the 4 Live Kru stuff was a waste.
Old 12-09-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just read on that wrestling news site lords of pain about "the Face Of TNA Wrestling Changes Forever"...

SPOILER:

Spoiler:
Sting has signed a contract.

Anybody have more info on this?
Old 12-09-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Could that be Raven's "Mystery Opponent"??

I have to say that Jarrett/AMW vs Hardy/Naturals was the best match of the show last night. If only to see JJ get covered in the green paint from coming in contact with Jeff hardy.
Old 12-09-05, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
I just read on that wrestling news site lords of pain about "the Face Of TNA Wrestling Changes Forever"...

SPOILER:

Spoiler:
Sting has signed a contract.

Anybody have more info on this?
That doesn't seem right. He has been there before. That wouldn't change the face of TNA. I still say either they are going to have a second hour of tv, they are going to start doing house shows, or they are going to start traveling for the tv show.
Old 12-09-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 179 Likes on 141 Posts
Wasn't there a rumor going around that with the ratings not improving all that much, that they were going to focus on the talent they have and not try to spend it all on new acquisitions?
Old 12-09-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've seen the Sting rumor reported too
Old 12-09-05, 05:30 PM

Raven's mystery opponent is
Spoiler:
Chris Kanyon
Old 12-10-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the spoiler for the turning point is

Spoiler:
Koko B Ware signed a contract
Old 12-10-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But what about

Spoiler:
Frankie?
Old 12-11-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

should be an excellent ppv tonight, looking forward to this 1000x more than survivor series & that's said because I've always been a huge wwe/f fan
Old 12-11-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Leaving to go watch the PPV in a few minutes. Will have a full recap later tonight for those interested.
Old 12-11-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quake, i will be very interested in hearing the results! Thanks.
Old 12-11-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

here are the results...

Spoiler:
TNA Turning Point

The show opened with a video package focusing on the Barbed Wire Massacre match between Sabu and Abyss. They went right to the arena, pyro went off, and the first match was introduced.

Barbed Wire Massacre - Sabu vs. Abyss, with Jim Mitchell

Sabu came out with a chair, but Abyss kicked him as he tried to slide into the ring. Sabu grabbed a barbed wire bat from ringside and dove into the ring, then swung it at Abyss. Abyss moved, and the barbed wire bat got stuck in the barbed wire string around the ring. They grappled, trying to shove each other into the wire. Sabu grabbed his chair and threw it at Abyss, hitting him in the head. Sabu jumped off a chair for a rana, but Abyss caught him, and the two fell to the mat, where Abyss shoved Sabu off of him and into the wire. Abyss and Sabu fought near the wire, trying to shove each other into the barbed wire. Sabu was bleeding a bit from the forehead. They traded punches, and Abyss pressed Sabu overhead and dropped him chest first across the wire. Sabu caught his arm on the wire. Sabu pulled a spike out of his boot and stabbed Abyss in the arm with it repeatedly. Sabu went for a chair launch, but Abyss moved and Sabu caught his leg on the barbed wire, ripping his pants leg.

Abyss bunched Sabu, backing him against the wire. Abyss charged, and Sabu gave him a drop toe hold into the barbed wire. Sabu hit Abyss across the back with a chair and covered him for a two count. They exchanged punches, which Abyss got the better of, and gave Sabu a chokeslam on the chair that was in the ring. Jim Mitchell tossed in the barbed wire covered chair. Abyss put the chair on top of Sabu. Abyss went for a sit down splash, but Sabu turned the chair on it's side and caught Abyss in the groin with it. Sabu then hit Abyss in the head with the barbed wire chair twice. Abyss rolled under the barbed wire and staggered on the floor. Sabu set up a chair and jumped off of it, over the wire, and into Abyss at ringside. Sabu then tossed the barbed wire board into the ring, but Abyss grabbed him at ringside, lifted him for a vertical suplex, and draped him across the barbed wire.

Back in the ring, Abyss threw out the regular chair. He positioned the barbed wire board in the center of the ring, and set up for a powerbomb. Sabu punched out of it, but Abyss went for a chokeslam. Sabu bit his fingers. Sabu charged Abyss, but Abyss pressed him, dropping him stomach and chest first on the barbed wire board. Mitchell tossed another barbed wire board into the ring. Abyss propped this board in the corner. They traded Irish whip attempts, and Sabu almost went into the referee, but stopped short. Abyss charged, and Sabu moved, and Abyss crashed into the barbed wire board in the corner. Abyss fell backwards, with the board, and Sabu shoved him down, so Abyss was now sandwiched on the mat between the two barbed wire boards. Sabu then jumped onto the boards, pinning Abyss between them at the fourteen minute mark.

Winner: Sabu.

Sabu got in a few kicks for good measure, then left as the ring crew untangled Abyss from the two boards. With Sabu gone, Abyss was freed, and got brief "Abyss" and "Thank you" chants.

Mike Tenay and Don West then discussed the rest of the card for tonight.

They showed Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted arriving earlier today, and noted that Gail Kim wasn't with them. They then showed footage of Rhino arriving earlier today.

Shane Douglas interviewed 4 Live Kru, with all the members getting along well, and promising to "violate" Team Canada tonight.

They showed Abyss being worked on by the medical staff, focusing on the cuts on his arm.

Mike Tenay and Don West talked some more, and Tenay thanked the viewers for their patience while the ring ropes were set up.

Matt Bentley & Austin Aries, with Traci, vs. Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong

Aries and Shelley started off, trading moves, with Aries catching Shelley with a back elbow off the ropes and applying a side headlock. Aries stayed one step ahead of Shelley, popping out of a headscissors and hitting a dropkick. Shelley came back by biting Aries' fingers. Strong tagged in, but Aries hit some armdrags and a pendulum elbow drop. Bentley tagged in, and he and Aries hit a double vertical suplex on Strong, then kipped up and hit a double fistdrop. Strong hit Bently with a jawbreaker and tagged in Shelley, who stomped Bentley down in his corner. Strong tagged back in and kept up the assault, chopping Bentley and choking him against the middle rope. Bentley caught Strong with a rana and an enzugiri for a two count, then tagged in Aries, who gave Strong a corkscrew slingshot splash for a two count. Aries ended up getting blasted by Shelley while on the ring apron on the wrong side of the ring, and Strong gave him a side backbreaker. Shelley gave Aries a Quebrada moonsault for a two count, then goaded Bentley into coming in to distract the ref so he and Strong could give Aries a back suplex/neckbreaker combo. Shelley knocked Bentley off the apron when Aries was close for a tag. Strong went for a back superplex on Aries, but Aries fought him off. Strong and Shelley overcame him though, and gave him a top rope dropkick/backbreaker combo for a two count. Aries finally hit Shelley with an elbow and ducked a Strong clothesline, making the hot tag to Bentley. Bentley cleaned house, then hit a top rope elbow on Shelley for a two count. Bentley knocked Strong down, but this allowed Shelley to give him a enzugiri. Strong gave Bentley a gutbreaker, and Shelley followed with a senton, but Aries broke up the cover. The match broke down, with Shelley and Strong colliding and Strong falling from the ring. Bentley then caught Shelley with a superkick to get the pin at the eight minute mark.

Winners: Matt Bentley & Austin Aries

Shane Douglas interviewed Monty Brown, who was talking to a colorful child's doll as if it was Christian, remarking that he thought there was a dress code "up North". Brown cut a promo about not letting Christian take "his spot" and using a lot of big words (several of which I think he invented). Jeff Jarrett interrupted, saying Christian was the new "golden child" and that he didn't get it. Jarrett once again tried to get Brown on his side, even saying that "if it was up to him" he'd give Brown a title shot. Jarrett told Brown that TNA has found someone who they want to be "the face of TNA in 2006". Brown said it would be his face, and Jarrett said he didn't get it, and walked away.

Raven came to the ring, and Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko offered him a release again, saying he could have all his contracted money to stay home. Raven insulted him and laughed him off. They then announced the next opponent from Raven's past.

Raven vs. Chris K. (Kanyon)

They went right at it, with Chris hitting a neckbreaker and driving a knee into his head. Chris gave Raven a legdrop on the ring apron, with Raven's head hung over the bottom rope. Chris put Raven against the guard rail and went for a splash, but Raven moved and Chris hit the rail. Raven rammed him into it a second time. Raven got back in the ring, and when Chris got on the apron, he hit Raven with a shoulderblock, then yanked him throat first across the top rope. Chris hit Raven with a second rope rocker dropper for a two count. Chris went for a moonsault, but Raven moved and applied an ankle lock after Chris crashed to the mat. Chris fought to his feet and pulled Raven off by his hair. Raven hit a series of right hands, then a discus lariat. Raven hit another lariat, then hit a kneelift, knocking Chris over the top rope and to the floor. They battled up the ramp, and Raven hiptossed him back down it. Raven was bleeding from his mouth. Raven set up a chair in the ring for the drop toe hold, but Chris avoided it, picked up the chair, and used it to block a Raven punch. Chris set up for another second rope rocker dropper, this one into a chair, but Raven blocked it and powerbombed Chris. Raven then hit the DDT for the pin at the seven minute mark.

Winner: Raven.

Larry Zbyszko came back in, and demanded that Raven sign the release. Raven screamed "No!" and slapped him. Zbyszko threw some punches at Raven, and security broke them up, with Cassidy Reilly coming out to help Raven. Raven laughed as security took Zbyszko from the ring.

Shane Douglas interviewed Team Canada. Eric Young talked about Bobby Roode not being around, and started being annoying, so Petey Williams was about to slap him. Scott D'Amore stopped him, then slapped Young himself. Jeff Jarrett and Bobby Roode entered, with Jarrett talking about how Monty Brown didn't "get it" by Bobby Roode and Team Canada does. Jarrett seemed worried about the "new face of TNA" being revealed tonight. Team Canada told Jarrett they had his back.

Team Canada (Petey Williams, Eric Young, A-1, Bobby Roode) with Scott D'Amore vs. 4 Live Kru (Konnan, Ron Killings, BG James, Kip James).

Kip James started off with Bobby Roode, with James hitting a shoulder block, and hitting a hip toss. Kip stayed one step ahead of Roode, kicking away a backdrop and hitting a vertical suplex. Williams ran in and Kip press slammed him. Konnan tagged in and threw his sneaker at Williams. Killings gave Williams a top rope legdrop to the groin as BG and Konnan held his legs. Young tagged in, and Killings gave him a side kick after using a split to duck a clothesline. BG tagged in, and they did the pop before slugging Young to the mat. James hit Young with a boot to the face, and delivered a kneedrop for two. BG got caught in the Team Canada corner, and was stomped down on the outside. A-1 tagged in and gave BG a snap suplex for a two count. Roode tagged in and hung BG in the Tree Of Woe. Williams came in and stood on BG's groin while singing "Oh, Canada". BG gave Roode and Williams a double clothesline, and made the hot tag to Kip. Kip gave Young a jackhammer, but Team Canada broke it up, and the match broke down into a brawl. Most of the battle went to the floor, and Kip gave Roode a Fameasser in the ring. Eric Young tried to bring in a chair, but Konnan grabbed it from him, and Young got out of the ring. Konnan then turned and blasted Kip James with the chair. Konnan told Roode to cover him, and Roode pinned Kip at the seven minute mark.

Winners: Team Canada.

BG James got in the ring and argued with Konnan, and Konnan blasted BG James with the chair as well. Konnan and Killings were left standing, and Killings yelled at Konnan "You gonna hit me now?" Konnan dropped the chair, tried to hug Killings, then left the ring, inviting him to come with him. Killings just stared at Konnan as he left.

The Diamonds In The Rough were interviewed, ripping on AJ Pierzynzki. A long video package on the events leading to the next match, and the media reaction to Pierzynski's involvement was shown.

Bobby Heenan was introduced, and joined the announcers for the next match. Mike Tenay he had waited for four years to have Heenan back at an announce table. Heenan told Tenay he wanted five bucks to call the match with him.

Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Dale Torborg, with AJ Pierzynski, vs. Simon Diamond, Elix Skipper & David Young.

Diamond wore catcher's gear to the ring. Skipper and Sabin started out, with Sabin hitting a dropkick and avoiding Skipper's offense, armdragging out of a powerbomb attempt. Sabin was wrestling with baseball batting gloves on. Skipper came back with a dropkick of his own, but missed a shoulderblock on Sabin on the apron, and Sabin flipped over Skipper into the ring and dropkicked him to the floor. Skipper came back in and tagged Young. Young went for a springboard, but Sabin caught him with a dropkick. Sabin then slapped Young with the batting glove. Dutt tagged in and hit a flying bodypress for two. Dutt hit a dropkick, then a springboard legdrop for two. Torborg, wrestling in jeans and a White Sox shirt, tagged in, cleaned house with punches, then pressed Dutt over his head and threw him on top of the Diamonds In The Rough. Pierzynski at ringside, chased the Diamonds In The Rough with a baseball bat. Back in the ring, Young hit a reverse sidewalk slam on Dutt for a two count. Diamond tagged in and slugged Dutt for a two count, mocking a baseball pitcher.

Skipper tagged in and Dutt tried a revolving headscissors, but Skipper awkwardly dropped him to the mat. Young tagged in and hit Dutt with a spinebuster, but Sabin broke up the cover. Young missed a charge and Dutt took him down with a headscissors and tagged Torborg. Torborg cleaned house with punches, then backdropped Diamond and chokeslammed him. The match broke down, with everyone fighting, and Dutt hitting Skipper with a reverse DDT after being flipped over Skipper by Sabin. Young was hung in the corner, and Sabin dropkicked him in the face. Sabin and Dutt hit dives on Skipper and Young. In the ring, Diamond hit Torborg with a low blow, then grabbed a shin protector from his catcher's gear and hit Torborg with it. He went for the pin, but AJ pulled him from the ring. The referee was going to disqualify him, but Heenan grabbed the referee and explained that "He doesn't understand." Johnny Damon, of the Boston Red Sox, handed AJ a home plate, and AJ got into the ring and blasted Diamond in the head with it. Sabin gave Diamond a Cradle Shock, Dutt followed with a Hindu Press, and the babyfaces piled on Diamond for the pin at the eight minute mark. They put over that Heenan taught AJ how to cheat.

Winners: Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Dale Torborg.

Following the match, Torborg and Pierzynski were given TNA rings to go along with their World Series rings.

Shane Douglas interview Christian, who talked about his "Christian Coalition" and that Monty Brown was about "to get served" because, in Christian's words, "That's how I roll". A video package on Christian vs. Brown was then shown.

Christian Cage vs. Monty Brown.

They locked up, and Brown shoved Christian to the mat. The two then argued in the ring, and Brown shoved Christian. Christian slapped Brown. The two traded punches, then Brown tossed Christian in the corner and pounded him. Christian ducked a clothesline and an elbow, then hit some chops and punches. Brown reversed a whip and went for an early pounce, but Christian avoided it and slid to the floor. Brown went out after him, but Christian slid back in the ring. Brown got on the apron, but Christian slid between his legs and pulled him to the floor, his head hitting the apron. Christian then tossed Brown into the rails. Back in the ring, Brown reversed a whip and went for a press slam, but Christian floated out and shoved Brown through the ropes and to the outside. Christian then hit a top rope dive on Brown on the floor. Cage rolled Brown back in and covered him for a two count. Brown went for a slam, but Christian floated over it and went for the Unprettier, but Brown blocked it and dropped Christian throat first across the top rope. Brown pressed Christian overhead and dropped him over the top rope and to the floor.

Brown went after Christian on the outside, ramming him into the ring apron and pounding him across the back. Brown told the fans to move, and teased throwing Christian into the crowd, but then tossed him in the ring instead, saying "I do what I want". Back in the ring, Brown hit a flapjack and a series of crossface blows on Christian for a two count. Brown hit a back elbow, then went for an exploder suplex, but Christian blocked it with some elbows. Christian then ran into a Brown overhead belly to belly suplex, and Brown scored a three count. Christian battled back with punches, but Brown hit a jumping knee to his back. Brown tried to pull Christian out of the corner, and Christian was holding the turnbuckle, but the buckle pad came off. Brown put Christian on the mat, then bent his back against the ringpost. The fight went to the floor, and Christian floated over a Brown slam and rammed him into the guard rail. Both men got back into the ring, and Christian hit a series of right hands. Christian hit a flying forearm and a discus punch, then pounded Brown on the mat. Brown fired back, putting Christian into a corner and hitting some punches. Brown sat Christian on a top turnbuckle, but Christian caught him with a tornado DDT for a two count.

Brown came right back with a knee to the gut, then tried to whip him into a corner, but Christian put on the brakes, got behind Brown and cradled him, putting his feet on the ropes for a two count. Christian went to the top rope, and Brown met him there. They exchanged punched, and Christian bit Brown, then threw him to the mat. Christian hit a frog splash (and an "Eddie" chant started), but Brown kicked out, throwing Christian onto the referee. Brown powerbombed Christian, but only got a two count. Brown complained about the count. Brown charged Christian, but Christian ducked and Brown went head first into the exposed turnbuckle that the pad had been ripped off of earlier (although, there appeared to still be padding on it). Christian then grabbed Brown with the Unprettier for the win at the thirteen minute mark.

Winner: Christian.

Team 3D was interviewed, with Brother Ray stating that AMW had not run them out of TNA, but that they had been in Japan, representing TNA, where they won the All Japan Real World Tag League Championship. Brother Ray said they want the NWA World Tag Team Titles, but tonight is about revenge, and AMW don't know anything about tables. A video package on the AMW-Team 3D feud was shown.

Tables Match: Team 3D vs. America's Most Wanted.

Team 3D attacked AMW as they made their entrance, not even waiting for the pyro to finish. They brawled at ringside and on the rampway, with Devon fighting Chris Harris and James Storm fighting Brother Ray. Devon and Harris eventually made it to the ring, while Storm and Brother Ray fought near the announcers table. Harris gave Devon a delayed vertical suplex in the ring, and went for a cover, but there are no pinfalls in a Tables match. Devon gave AMW a double shoulderblock in the ring as they tried to double team him. Team 3D took over, hitting the What's Up Headbutt on Storm. Brother Ray counted to three, and the fans yelled "Get The Tables". They went for 3D on Storm threw a table, but Harris moved the table, knocked down Brother Ray, then gave Devon a forearm after he gave Storm a flapjack. AMW tried to whip Devon threw a table propped in the corner, but Brother Ray tackled him to avoid going through it. Storm and Ray fought outside the ring, while Harris put Devon on the table in the ring. Harris went to the top rope, but Brother Ray stopped him, then went for a superplex through the table, but Storm moved it out of the way. Storm and Brother Ray now fought in the ring, while Harris and Devon fought on the outside.

Brother Ray backdropped Storm over the top rope, and he landed on Harris and Devon. Brother chopped Storm on the outside, then took him into the ring and put him on the table. Storm rolled off and crotched him on the top rope. Storm went for a top rope rana, but Devon moved the table out of the way, so Brother Ray crashed on the mat instead. Storm hit Devon with a superkick. AMW went for 3D on Devon, but Devon DDT'd Storm and Harris had no one to catch with it. Team 3D put Storm through a table with the Death Sentence. That's one for Team 3D.

Harris grabbed a chair and blasted Brother Ray with it. Harris then dragged Devon to the top stage, where a table was set up. He got ready for a suplex, but Brother Ray came up the ramp and hit Harris in the back. Team 3D then gave Harris 3D through the table on the stage to get the win, 2-0, at the eleven minute mark.

Winners: Team 3D

Team 3D went into the crowd to celebrate, as the fans chanted "3D".

A video package on the events leading to Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles.

They went back to the ring, where James Storm was still down from the Death Sentence through the table. Storm was being attended to, and they speculated that he may have had a neck injury. Storm was helped from the ring, and walked with assistance to the back. He didn't go out on a stretcher, although they did have one.

X Division Champion AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe.

Styles charged Joe before the bell and hit him with knees and shoulderblocks. Styles gave Joe a vertical suplex, and threw some kicks into Joe's chest. Styles snapmared Joe and kicked him in the back, then delivered a knee to the head. Styles stomped his head and said "I have no respect for you". Styles went for a backdrop, but Joe kicked him in the head. Joe charged, and Styles leapfrogged him, then hit a dropkick to the face. Styles put Joe in the corner and hit some forearms. Joe fired back with a chop, but missed a charge and hit the ropes instead. Styles and Joe stared each other down.

Joe and Styles traded forearms, with Joe getting the better of it. Joe then unloaded with kicks, knocking Styles through the ropes and to the floor. Joe went out after Styles and chopped him, then tossed him back into the ring. Styles hit some forearms on Joe, who was on the apron. Joe delivered a headbutt, then went for a suplex, but Styles pulled him throat first across the top rope. Joe went down to the floor, and Styles went for a pescado, but Joe moved, and Styles landed on the apron instead. Joe kicked Styles off the apron, then grabbed him in a powerbomb position and swung him into the guard rail. Joe whipped him into another set of rails, then measured him for a running kick.

Joe threw Styles back into the ring, then kicked him in the chest. Joe hit more kicks, then delivered a big knee drop across his chest. Styles got back to his feet, but Joe took him back down with a kick. Joe planted Styles with a flapjack, then hit a senton for a two count. Joe applied a rear chinlock, but Styles battled out of it, only to be hit by a running knee by Joe after reversing a whip into the corner. Joe went for the facewash, but Styles held onto Joe's boot and stood up with it. Joe broke free and hit a discus punch, then hit a running kick to the face as Styles was slumped in the corner. Joe hit more kicks and a chop, then backdropped Styles to the apron. Styles hit a forearm from the apron, but Joe kicked him and gave him several forearms. Styles hit an enzugiri from the apron, then went for a springboard rana, but Joe caught it, powerbombed Styles for a two count, then switched into a Boston Crab. Styles made the ropes, and Joe released the hold, but then sunk it back in, grabbing Styles around the thighs with it. Styles kicked his lower legs back into Joe's head to break out.

Joe hit Styles with a forearm, then charged him, and Styles backdropped Joe over the top rope and to the floor. Styles hit a running shooting star press, clearing the top rope and landing on Joe at ringside. Styles tossed Joe back in, then hit a springboard forearm to the back of the head. Joe kicked out at two. Joe went from a full nelson into a waistlock, then went for a German suplex, but Styles flipped and landed on his feet. Styles springboarded off the middle rope into a moonsault and caught Joe with a reverse DDT for two. Styles bounced off the ropes, but Joe caught him with a lightning fast powerslam for a very close two count.

Joe threw some kicks at AJ's gut, and AJ dared him to throw some more. AJ started to dodge Joe's punches and kicks, and then caught Joe with a pair of spinkicks. AJ had blood coming from his mouth. Styles tried to put Joe on the top rope, then tried for the Styles Clash. Joe wouldn't go up, so AJ drove his knee into Joe's head, then lifted him and powerbombed him for a near fall. Styles lifted Joe off the mat, then bounced off the ropes, but Joe turned him inside out with a lariat. Joe covered Styles, who kicked out at one, amazingly. Joe gave Styles a Tiger Driver, but AJ kicked out at two and screamed at Joe. Joe but Styles in a sleeper, then headbutted him twice in the back of the head. Joe chopped AJ's back, but AJ came back with a Pele kick. Styles put Joe on the top rope and went for a Muscle Buster, but Joe blocked it. Styles then tried for a superplex, but Joe blocked it and set up for a Muscle Buster off the ropes, but Styles dropped down to avoid it, and powerbombed Joe out of the corner. Styles turned Joe into a Boston Crab, and lifted him for a half-impact Styles Clash, but Joe kicked out at two. Styles went for a rollup, but Joe reached around Styles' neck and applied the rear naked choke. Styles struggled in the hold, but was choked into unconsciousness.

Winner and new X Division Champion: Samoa Joe.

Joe lifted Styles to his feet, then blasted him with the X Division Title belt. Security ran in, but Joe swatted them away. Joe tossed a chair into the ring, then set up to give Styles a Muscle Buster, when Christopher Daniels ran down. Daniels attacked Joe, throwing punches like crazy. Joe took the punches though, and headbutted Daniels before kicking him down to the mat. The announcers noted that Daniels had suffered a concussion, was not cleared to wrestle, and the headbutt easily knocked Daniels down. Joe took his title belt and left.

A video package hyping the main event was shown. Shane Douglas interviewed Rhino, who talked about Jeff Jarrett stealing the title from him. Rhino said he was the "fan's champion" and said that Jarrett shouldn't be worried about the "new face of TNA", he should be worried about Rhino.

NWA World Champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino.

There was a "Fire Jarrett" chant as the ring introductions took place. After the bell rang, there was a "Jeff's A Jobber" chant. They two traded armbars, then Jarrett hit a dropkick, and followed with a hiptoss into a short-armscissors. Rhino lifted Jarrett off the mat while in the hold, and slammed him down to the mat. Rhino hung Jarrett across the top rope, then kicked him to the floor. Rhino then gave Jarrett and pescado. Rhino threw Jarrett into the crowd, and they fought amongst the fans. Jarrett avoided a superplex off a barricade, but was whipped into a wall. They battled into an area near one of the entrance ramps, and rammed Jarrett into the metal wall. Rhino dragged Jarrett, who was now bleeding from the head, onto the rampway, and punched him repeatedly in the head. They made their way back to ringside, and Rhino hit Jarrett in the arm and back with a chair. Rhino hit Jarrett in the gut with another chair, then drove it across Jarrett's back.

They battled into another part of the crowd, and Rhino put Jarrett on a table. Jarrett got off the table before Rhino could do anything, and the fight continued. Jarrett and Rhino went halfway up a scaffold, which a camera was on top of. Jarrett hit Rhino with a chair, knocking him off the scaffold and through the table below. The fight went back to the ramp, where Rhino made a comeback and suplexed Jarrett on the ramp. Rhino went for another table, and propped it in front of the entrance tunnel. Rhino gored Jarrett through the table and down into the entrance tunnel. Referee Rudy Charles told ring announcer Jeremy Borash to announce that both men had to the count of ten to get in the ring. Petey Williams and Eric Young of Team Canada showed up, attacked Rhino and rolled him down the entrance tunnel. They dragged Jarrett to the ring and tossed him in. The referee was about to reach ten when Rhino came running back down. Rhino gave Jarrett a clothesline, and knocked Team Canada members off the apron. Team Canada ran back in, but Rhino tossed them back out.

Rhino gave Jarrett a spinebuster for a two count. Rhino went to the top rope, but was crotched on the top by Petey Williams. The referee ordered Team Canada away from ringside. Jarrett gave Rhino a superplex, but Rhino kicked out at two. Rhino gave Jarrett a TKO for a two count. Rhino accidentally gored the referee when Jarrett moved out of the way. Jarrett went for the Stroke, but Rhino reversed it into a belly to belly suplex. Rhino got set for a gore, but Booby Roode ran in. Rhino beat him down, then A-1 ran out, and Rhino gored him. This allowed Roode to hit Rhino with the Northern Lariat (clothesline to the back of the head). Jarrett covered Rhino, but Rhino kicked out at two. Jarrett got his guitar and headed for the top rope. Rhino went to stop him, but Jarrett broke the guitar over his head. Jarrett covered Rhino, but Rhino kicked out at two. Jackie Gayda came down, and got on the apron, arguing with Jarrett. She slapped Jarrett, and Rhino gave Jarrett the gore. Jarrett kicked out at two. Security forced Jackie Gayda out. Rhino set up two chairs, and prepared to give Jarrett a second rope powerbomb onto them. Scott D'Amore ran down and hit Rhino in the leg with a hockey stick. Jarrett then gave Rhino the Stroke off the second rope onto the chairs and got the pin at the eighteen minute mark.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett.

The lights went out, and different graphics of a scorpion appeared on the screens in the building. A spotlight then appeared in the center of the ring, where a chair was set up with a leather coat, a pair of boots, and a black baseball bat. The house lights came back on, and Jarrett looked at the stuff in the middle of the ring, dumbfounded, while the announcers speculated that this must mean Sting is returning. The crowd was chanting "Sting" when the lights were out, but grew quiet when Sting wasn't actually there when the lights came back on.

That ended the show. Thanks for joining us!

We have confirmed that Jeff Hardy no-showed tonight's event, which is why the pre-show match was a six-man tag, not an eight-man tag, as originally advertised.

man.... it was great until that last part........
Old 12-11-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

******************Spoilers Ahead******************

Some quick match ratings and thoughts:

Barbed Wire Massacre: Sabu defeats Abyss - *3/4
Pretty standard hardcore schlock. Barbed wire was used pretty effectively as well.

Matt Bentley and Austin Aries defeat Alex Shelley and Roderick Strong - ***
Good tag match, featuring two of my favorite workers (Shelley and Aries). Move of the match was Strong pulling Aries off the ropes right into a sick backbreaker.

Team Canada defeats 4 Live Kru - 1/2*
Konnan turns on the New Age Outlaws at the end, and Ron Killings just sorf of left in limbo for now.

Raven defeats Chris K. (Kanyon) - 3/4*
Who betta than Chris K??? Ok, doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Sabin, Dutt and Torborg defeat Diamonds in the Rough - 1/2*
Nothing to see here.

Christian defeats Alpha Male - **
Not the guy to bring out the best in Captain Charisma.

Team 3D defeats AMW in the Tables Match - ***
Good hardcore stuff here. 3D gets the shutout with the Death Sentence through a table on Storm and then 3D on the ramp to Harris.

Samoa Joe defeats AJ Styles to become your NEW X Division Champ - ****1/2
My personal Match of the Year, plain and simple. Joe just kicked the living shit out of AJ all across the ring, and outside. Great psychology with AJ trying everything to try and get a little bit of offense, and then finally pouring it on. Move of the Night (Year?): Running Shooting Star Press OVER the top rope onto Joe on the floor.....oh....my.....GOD. AJ actually hits the Clash, but Joe kicks out. Joe wins with the Clutch, but AJ passes out and doesn't tap. Fallen Angel run in, and he beats the crap out of Joe for a few minutes....just awesome.

Jeff Jarrett defeats Rhino after 250 run-ins, 89 ref bumps, and a partridge in a pear tree - **
I loathe Jarrett. The Sting "debut" was probably the worst debut ever. Supposedly he signed a 1 year deal to be THE top guy in the promotion. Will be interesting to see how that works out.
Old 12-12-05, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

like i said... the PPV was good until the end........ C- in my book

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.