Attention Bengal Fans

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Attention Bengal Fans

Old 09-13-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Attention Bengal Fans

Both of you...

For the few long-suffering Bengal fans on the board, I've got a surprise for you. Do you remember 1988? Super Bowl XXIII? Do you remember a certain Bengal team video called "The Who Dey Rap"??? I've had a VHS copy of this for over a decade, and just this past weekend I ripped the audio to an mp3 file and gave it to a dude with a Bengals fan page to post to his website.

Go to www.roachii.com, click on "Downloads & Media", then "Audio" and scroll to the next to last file.

The voices belong to:
Eric Thomas: "As you can see, this is the Jungle. When you come to Cincinnati, you're gonna be humbled."
Carl Parker(?): "The fans goin' crazy wearin' orange and black. It must be a rumble 'cause the place is packed."
Louis Billips: "Wall to wall crowds, the Bengals throwin' down. We all have a ball we're the baddest around."
Ray Horton(?): "If you try to escape you won't get away, here we go touchdown on the very first play."

Mike Martin: "So get off your seat, this ain't no time to be sittin' around. Let's make some noise and bring this Jungle to the ground."

Reggie Williams: "In the first quarter, up 28. The fans are rockin', the Jungle shakes."
Ickey Woods: "We're runnin' up the middle, we're passin' down the sides. The defense jumps and the offense rides."
Louis Breeden: "(?)Feelin' kinda catty(?), from Cincinnati. The no-huddle offense drives you batty."
Solomon Wilcots: "We're runnin' up the score, the other team's cold. We're on our way to the Super Bowl!"

To you non-Bengal fans out there.... see what fun you're missing?

Share and Enjoy!

(I also sent him a dozen or so coach-speak mp3 files from Sam Wyche and Marvin Lewis. They're in the "Bengal Sound Bites" folder.)
Old 09-13-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts
Does the video include the "Icky Shuffle"?

Old 09-13-05, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
He really needs a complete version of the "You don't live in Cleveland!" tirade from Wyche.
Old 09-15-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
That pretty much was the entire speech. I was at the game, and I'm the one who created the audio file in question.

The fade at the end makes it hard to hear the ending "...you live in Cincinnati" words unless you listen closely, but I can just as easily cut it without the fade. The reason for the fade was because I cross-mixed it with an mp3 file on a tailgate CD I made last weekend and the two source file formats were incompatible with the software I was using. Pre-fading the Sam quote before I mixed the tracks was the quickest way to get done what I needed. It was only at the last minute that I thought to offer it up for posting on that fan's website... had that been my going-in position, I would've cut the file twice... faded for me, clipped for him.
Old 09-17-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you for the site, kenbuzz...I never knew it existed.
Old 09-17-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
Ickey Woods - perfect example of an 80s one-hit wonder.
Old 09-17-05, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where is ickey today? i know he hit skid row, but dunno the details.
Old 09-17-05, 07:14 PM
Premium Member

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs, Inc
where is ickey today? i know he hit skid row, but dunno the details.
He was coaching a team that is around my area that I didn't know existed, in a league that I didn't know existed...

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...tcol1chat.html
Old 09-17-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, how are Pollack and Thurman performing for Cincinnati?