Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNA Wrestling Unbreakable PPV Sunday Sept 11th

TNA Unbreakable PPV this Sunday Sept 11th

NWA World Title Match
Raven (c) vs Rhino

X Title Match (Triple Threat)
"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (c) vs AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe

NWA Tag Team Title Match (Four Way)
The Naturals (c) vs America's Most Wanted vs Team Canada vs "Syxx-Pac" Sean Waltman & Alex Shelley

Sabu vs Abyss

Jeff Hardy vs Bobby Roode

"Alpha Male" Monty Brown & Kip (Billly Gunn) James vs Lance Hoyt & Apolo

Three Live Kru (Konnan, Ron Killings & BG James) vs The Diamonds in the Rough (Simon Diamond, David Young & PrimeTime Elix Skipper)

Petey Williams vs Chris Sabin

Independent Dream Match
Austin Aries vs Roderick Strong

predictions anyone??
I'm thrilled TNA is giving Roderick Strong a chance, he's one of my favorite indy stars, he beat Matt Hardy at a ROH show a few weeks ago.
It will be interesting who they will have holding the titles when they start on Spike TV.
Old 09-09-05, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And I'll say it once again, a "bush/minor" league with alot of WWE rejects, and WCW retirees, I'll pass. Their matches are soooo loooong and boring. Plus whats the deal with that hexagon ring?
Old 09-09-05, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rhino was Jobber to the Stars in the WWE, now he's main eventing a PPV. TNA should've built him up over 8 or 10 months.

I'm looking forward to the new TNA show on Spike. I never really got much of a chance to watch it on FSN. I know it's nowhere near competition for the WWE, but a little rivalry would be nice.
Old 09-09-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by salamander2
And I'll say it once again, a "bush/minor" league with alot of WWE rejects, and WCW retirees, I'll pass. Their matches are soooo loooong and boring. Plus whats the deal with that hexagon ring?
ummm, and I ask again, what WWE rejects? what WCW retirees?
Out of the list above I count 4 guys from WWE, X-Pac, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg (former members of DX, one of the hottest wrestling groups ever, hardly "rejects" by any means) and Jeff Hardy. Raven, Rhino and Sabu are ECW "rejects" and where are these WCW retirees?? I see Konnan. so out of the 31 wrestlers above 5 are "WWE rejects and WCW retirees"

like someone else said, if TNA is a bunch of WWE rejects then by the same logic WWE is just a bunch of WCW rejects.

TNA matches are long and boring?? huh? are you sure you're not confusing TNA with Smackdown? Everytime I see TNA i'm blown away by the amazing wrestling action... I went to a Raw house show a few weeks ago and it was all *chop* *Punch* *chop* Punch* *Slam* elbow* it was like watching something in slow motion. any fan of a company that gives us the bore-fest that is Batista vs Bradshaw as a main event not once, but several times over and over again has no right to say anything about TNA. I'll take Raven vs Rhino anyday over any match with Cena in it.

TNA might be minor league right now, but their last months PPV was called by many on the internet the best PPV of the year after Wrestlemania. if WWE keeps giving people 3 boring matches, and endless soap opera storylines and diva searches it won't take long for TNA to step up and become the next WCW. and is "minor league" a bad thing? every WWE, WCW, or even TNA fan should go to a ROH, IWA, BCW, NWA or any local indy show sometime... yes it's a bunch of no-names, yes it's in a bingo hall with 60 people, but you will see some guys work thier asses off.
Old 09-09-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by turborobb
it won't take long for TNA to step up and become the next WCW. .
That's something to be proud of, WCW=Wheel Chair Wrestling or We Cant Wrestle.

look at some past old timers that was wrestling in TNA that WWF didn't want, X-PAC/Waltman (or what ever he calls himself these days), Shane Douglas, DDP, Diesel, Hardy (the less talented Hardy)James Van Denverg as the minister, D'Lo Brown, Sting, Luger, these WCW guys showed their ugly faces on TNA for God sakes!

Last edited by salamander2; 09-12-05 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-09-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow Wheel Chair Wrestling, We Can't Wrestle... I haven't heard those in 5 years. The fact is Nitro was a million times better than Raw back in the day. If WCW was a bunch of old guys WWE didn't want, why did WWE take in Nash, DDP, Piper, Hogan, Flair, Steiner, Hall, Hennig and all those other "old guys" after WCW closed? We Can't Wrestle?? yeah Jericho, Rey, Eddie, Benoit, Regal, Shane Helms, Booker T, Saturn, Malenko, Juvi, Psychosis, they couldn't wrestle, WWE didn't want those guys either. It's hard to think of an ex-WCW guy they WWE DIDNT bring in at one time or another.

I never understood WWF fans during the Monday Night Wars, I loved watching Nitro, it was always exciting and unpredictable. I'd always hear "WWF is so much better at using their talent" from people watching crap like Gangrel vs Big Boss Man on Raw while I'm watching the Chris Benoit vs Booker T or Chris Jericho vs Saturn on Nitro. Of course in their mind Big Boss Man was a huge WWF superstar and Jericho was a "no-name wannabe", kind of like how WWE fans think Rob Conway is a WWE superstar and AJ Styles is a "no-name". If WWF was so much better at pushing their talent why was Austin vs Undertaker pretty much the main event on every show for over a year?

speaking of picking up another companys rejects, I like how TNA fired Dusty Rhodes cause his storywritting sucked so bad, and WWE brings him into a creative storyline job... and the sad thing is WWE booking sucks so bad, Dusty in WWE creative is going to be a HUGE imporvement for them.

oh, and don't even try to tell me WWE doesn't want Sting
Old 09-09-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Big Bossman was completely misused in WCW as the Guardian Angel and a member of that stupid Halloween kliq with Sullivan. When he returned to WWF, Vince knew how to market him better. The Monday Night Wars? Vince always knew how to market his stars, WCW didn't.
Old 09-09-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy crap, Raven looks like hell. Did he get big into drugs or something?
Old 09-10-05, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Holy crap, Raven looks like hell. Did he get big into drugs or something?

HAHAHAHAHAHA...that is funny. Raven has said that if it wasn't for the massive amount of drugs he's done he wouldn't have lasted this long in wrestling. His love of the drugs actually created one of the best feuds in a long time. He was all into the drugs and CM Punk is straightedge which led to a great series in RoH during 2003. Strange thing was, Punk was the heel and Raven was the face, but still it was good.

I'm really looking forward to this show. Aries vs Strong will be awesome and they have half of Genratiopn Next in TNA now...

Williams vs Sabin is always a good match, I love watching Williams get the running powerbomb neck first into the turnbuckle.

And the triple threat match is going to be wicked.

Few other good matches too, I usually order every third show and grab a tape of the ones in between, but with the addition of Roderick Strong I may have to convince my friends to throw a few more bucks in this month, I think we are misssing Hardcore Homecoming, so there's enough spare cash to go around.

Best part, the better the TNA show puts on the more people buy. The more people buy the better WWE gets to compete. Granted there will be some disappointed people who would rather see more Masterlock Challenges but for the rest of us it's a good thing.
Old 09-10-05, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't watched TNA since it was on FSN. I didn't like the hex ring, but I'll still be watching on Spike.

What's an independent dream match? Is it supposed to be a dream match between indy stars? I'm not familiar with either guy or thier status in TNA.
Old 09-10-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm going to this PPV tomorrow. It should be pretty awesome. I'm mainly going to see the matches with the Ring of Honor wrestlers. So, the triple-threat match will be great as well as the dream match. I'm sure some of the other matches will be good as well, but I think those two will be the highlight of the night for me.
Old 09-11-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm about to leave for the TNA show! (It's only a 15 minute drive from my house, but you have to get there a few hours ahead of time)

They added 2 matches on the free pre-show.
Cassidy Riley vs "Mr. 630" Jerrelle Clark
Shark Boy vs Mikey Batts
if anyone gets a chance tune into the PPV free show, Jerrelle Clark is one of my favorite indy stars and Shark Boy vs Mikey Batts will be really funny.

here are my PPV predictions...
NWA World Title Match
Raven
X Title Match (Triple Threat)
"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
NWA Tag Team Title Match (Four Way)
The Naturals
Abyss over Sabu
Jeff Hardy over Bobby Roode
"Alpha Male" Monty Brown & Kip (Billly Gunn) James over Lance Hoyt & Apolo
Three Live Kru (Konnan, Ron Killings & BG James) over The Diamonds in the Rough (Simon Diamond, David Young & PrimeTime Elix Skipper)
Petey Williams over ChrisSabin
Roderick Strong over Austin Aries
Jerrelle Clark over Cassidy Riley
Shark Boy over Mikey Batts
Old 09-12-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

oh, and don't even try to tell me WWE doesn't want Sting
if they do ,its to job him for leaving WWE, or stealing their gimmick, whatever!He was just a CROW knock off anyway. I seriously doubt WWE would even accept many of these former WWE/ECW talent, and WCW old timers, as their current roaster has been the best since the attitude era. Oh pleeese.

Last edited by salamander2; 09-12-05 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-12-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
if they do ,its to job him for leaving WWE, or stealing their gimmick, whatever!He was just a CROW knock off anyway. I seriously doubt WWE would even accept many of these former WWE/ECW talent, and WCW old timers, as their current roaster has been the best since the attitude era. Oh pleeese.

Sting was just a Crow knock off? Huh? You do realize that Bret Hart owes his finishing move to Sting? You do realize that Sting had a long career before the Crow gimmick ever came about right?

I would take the pre Hogan WCW roster over this "great" current WWE roster any day of the week.

Oh and if it wasn't for WCW firing Steve Austin this Attitude era would never have exsited.
Old 09-12-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Timber..... if it wasnt for Hogan.... WCW would have sucked on WWE sack for years. Oh yeah, Hogan was made by WWE. I would take todays so called WWE roster(i have my issues with them too- Chris masters, ) over Kevin Sullivan, Powers of Pain, Norman Smily, Big Boss Man, Glacier,and etc.

sorry but it took wwe guys to make wcw interesting
Old 09-12-05, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. Sting was never in WWE
2. sure he's a Crow knock off... and Cena is a Marky Mark knock off and JBL is a George Bush knock off, whats your point?
3. WWE wouldn't accept former talent and old timers? Tatanka, Road Warrior Animal, all of the Mexicools, bWo, Piper, ect ect
4. I'm glad someone is a fan of the current WWE roster and loves Batista vs Bradshaw, Cena and Chris Masters. personaly, I think WWE is at it's weakest ever.

don't get me wrong, I don't hate the E, I watch WWE too, I want WWE to be good, I'm a fan of all wrestling, but TNA is putting on the better shows right now by far, even if they are filming it in a TV studio with bad production values with a bunch of no-names and rejects. When is the last time the crowd stood cheering for 3 minutes chanting "Best Match Ever!!", "That was Awesome!" and "Match of the Year!" at the end of a WWE PPV like they did last night? Oh pleeese
Old 09-12-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think WWE is at it's weakest ever.
Agreed. I've been watching WWF/WWE for 20+ years and I love 'em to death but they are really really churning out crap. I can remember when Raw would end I would feel like "WOW, I wish I could watch next weeks show right now to find out what happens next!!" but now, I have little to no interest in their storylines, matches, characters, etc...

I can't wait until I have easier access to TNA.
Old 09-12-05, 01:09 PM
Suspended

So who won?
Old 09-12-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

enough of the debate, I came here to talk about the TNA show!

the PPV last night was amazing, Austin Aries vs Roderick Stong was amazing, at first the crowd was dead silent because 95% of the fans didn't have a clue who these guys were, but they put on such a great match at he end everyone was on their feet chanting "That was awesome!!" That is what wrestling is all about.

The X title match was as the fans chanted "Match of the Year!" amazing! glad they put the X-title on AJ for Spike TV.

Syxx-Pac was a no-show and Alex Shelley had to wrestle alone. I hope he didn't pull a Jeff Hardy and miss his plane. or pull a Matt Hardy and sell out to the E.

during one of the pre-show segments after the cameras turned off several fans chanted "Matt Sold Out" to Jeff Hardy. Hardy at he top of the ramp turned around, nodded his head and gave Matts V1 sign with one hand and the finger rubbing money sign with the other then he pointed at his chest and up at the TNA sign. pretty cool, I'm not a big Hardy fan, but he ets my respect. I saw the Dudleys and Shannon Moore backstage and people said Nash was there too.

another 5-star PPV from TNA, can't wait for Bound for Glory
Old 09-12-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
So who won?

oops

RESULTS!!

X-Title Match
AJ Styles beat Daniels and Samoa Joe, AJ new X Champ!
(TNA put this match last!)

World Title Match
Raven beat Rhino, Ravens Rules match, blood and weapons everywhere, Rhino gored a shopping cart and hit Ravn with a beer keg! and of course the staple gun came into play. Jarrett and Hardy did run-ins.

Tag Title Match = Naturals won, Waltman was a no-show

Abyss beat Sabu, NO rules, tables and chairs everywhere

Bobby Rhode beat Jeff Hardy with the help of Petey Williams and Jeff Jarrett
(looks like hey are setting up a Hardy/Jarrett fued or match for Spike TV or the next PPV)

"Alpha Male" Monty Brown & Kip James beat Lance Hoyt & Apolo

Three Live Kru beat The Diamonds in the Rough

Chris Sabin beat Petey Williams

Austin Aries beat Roderick Strong

pre-show matches...
Shark Boy beat Mikey Batts
Jerrelle Clark vs Cassidy Riley went to a no-contest when Monty Brown ran in and beat them both up.
Old 09-14-05, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen some TNA matches here and there on the net.... but I just watched this PPV, the first full TNA show I've ever sat through. Wow, do they put on a show like that all the time? The "X Division" match was excellent, I don't even remember seeing one rest hold. The independent wrestlers were fun to watch as well.

Now I see what I've been missing. Looking forward to the SpikeTV show.
Old 09-14-05, 10:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

That's something to be proud of, WCW=Wheel Chair Wrestling or We Cant Wrestle.
I guess you missed the late 80s/early 90s WCW. Back when the Four Horseman still meant something. Before Sting fucked up his knee jumping off of the side of a steel cage. When Steve Austin was "Stunning".

It's odd to hear We Can't Wrestle from someone who criticizes long matches.
Old 09-14-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TNA is putting on one of their first house shows outside the TV studios in Windsor, Ontario, Canada with Border City Wrestling tomorrow night. Raven vs Jarrett for the NWA title plus Fallen Angel, Abyss, Rhino, Jerry Lynn, and of course all of Team Canada. looks pretty good, anyone up that way should go check it out.

here's the link
http://www.bordercitywrestling.com/index2.htm
Old 09-15-05, 03:43 PM

Wow a great show put on by TNA. Its fuuny watching what WWE has turned into you almost forget what it is liek to actually watch some "wrestling!" Even the handful of guys in WWE who actually can perform are so severely limited by the writers to just a few signature moves that there matches become boring also.

It was refreshing to see guys out there working there asses off. The main even....AJ,Daniels,Samoa was a showsteeler and easily one of the best matches of the year.
Old 09-16-05, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

September 15th, 2005 22:21
MAJOR NEWS: JEFF JARRETT REGAINS NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FROM RAVEN IN CANADA ON THURSDAY NIGHT!
America’s Most Wanted shocks the fans by helping Jarrett win the gold

(Oldcastle, Ontario, Canada) – The self-proclaimed “King of the Mountain” Jeff Jarrett regained the NWA World Heavyweight Title on Thursday night in Oldcastle, Ontario, Canada, defeating Raven with the help of America’s Most Wanted.

In a shocking turn of events, “Wildcat” Chris Harris and “Cowboy” James Storm turned their backs on the fans and aligned themselves with Jarrett, ultimately costing Raven the bout and the World Title.

The NWA World Heavyweight Title match took place under the banner of Border City Wrestling out of Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Following the bout, NWA Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko was in contact with the promoters of the show, and Zbyszko has informed TNAwrestling.com the title change is indeed official.

Thanks to America’s Most Wanted, Jeff Jarrett has fulfilled his proclamation of being NWA World Heavyweight Champion with the debut of “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV on October 1.

“I told Raven…I told EVERYONE that for the good of TNA Wrestling, I needed to be NWA World Heavyweight Champion when we hit SpikeTV!” Jarrett told TNAwrestling.com via phone after the bout. “I knew TNA management was trying to keep me down, so I had to get that title back on MY terms in Canada where they couldn’t stop me! Chris Harris and James Storm were the only ones out of that entire locker room who had the brains to listen to me. They made the right choice! Now roll out the red carpet, because YOUR champion - The King Of The Mountain - and America’s Most Wanted – the cornerstones of TNA - are coming to SpikeTV, and there’s nothing TNA management can do to stop us!”

“Jarrett was right all along – it was time for America’s Most Wanted to finally look after OUR best interests for a change,” Chris Harris told TNAwrestling.com. “We built this company from the ground up and we’ll be damned if anyone was going to take our spot – the spot we RIGHTFULLY own. Who was looking out for us? The fans? TNA management? Raven? No – Jeff Jarrett was looking out for us. And guess what? Now we’ve got his back, and now WE call all the shots.”

James Storm added: “By the way…hey Naturals, shine up the tag team titles – it’s only a matter of time now before they’re coming home, one way or another. Sorry ‘bout your damn luck…”

Raven left the arena immediately following the bout and refused to comment on the situation.

TNAwrestling.com will have a further update on Friday afternoon following the events that unfolded on Thursday night in Ontario with the crowning of new NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.