Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE: Week of 8/29-9/4 (Things Happen, Cena Says Champ Is Here, Hardy Jobs to Moolah)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE: Week of 8/29-9/4 (Things Happen, Cena Says Champ Is Here, Hardy Jobs to Moolah)

Old 08-29-05, 10:35 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-29-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hogan is old and worthless, Kane is dog shit, blah blah blah.

I already miss Jericho!
Old 08-29-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Things Happen, Cena Says Champ Is Here, Hardy Jobs to Moolah
That is funny.

I think I'll be missing the first hour of Raw due to that new Prison Break show on Fox....And I don't feel bad about it at all. Actually I might go ahead and miss the second hour of Raw too.
Old 08-29-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
That is funny.

I think I'll be missing the first hour of Raw due to that new Prison Break show on Fox....And I don't feel bad about it at all. Actually I might go ahead and miss the second hour of Raw too.
That's the beauty of Recording, and watching Tuesday with a Fast Forward button.
Old 08-29-05, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Yeah I can't imagine watching a non ppv wwe show live anymore.
Old 08-29-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 08-29-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
That "statement from Chris Jericho" that was floating around the Net last week was apparently just a draft. The full version has just been posted to the just-redesigned and relaunched chrisjericho.com site

http://chrisjericho.com/press_release.htm

wow, his new bio doesn't even mention wrestling till the 3rd paragraph
http://chrisjericho.com/Bio.htm

Last edited by GuessWho; 08-29-05 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-29-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh my god. They were seriously hurt. i can't believe it. This is serious. No fooling around.

What kind of match is this hardy/edge story leading up to? A last man standing match? Unsanctioned death match? Pirhanna barb wire glass bulbs alligator cactus match?

uh oh the champ is here.
Old 08-29-05, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
What happened to the Natch?
Old 08-29-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
That was a brutal match between Hardy/Edge [at least until the end]..

Looks like they will be making Flair a face.

At least 'til HHH comes back..
Old 08-29-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
I loved Shawn's line in the Cabana when the crowd chanted for Hogan: "You can chant all you want. Hogan's not coming back until his next big payday." The crowd pretty much stopped the chant right after that too, as if they thought "You know, HBK is right! Why are we chanting like idiots?" Too bad HBK wasn't allowed to stay a cocky heel, which is what he does best.
Old 08-30-05, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

HBK's making a great tweener for the show. Easily the MVP of Raw for the past few months.

It's pretty interesting with the Flair face turn out of no where and teaming up with one of HHH's biggest enemies in HBK. We'll see what happens when HHH returns in October.
Old 08-30-05, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this weeks episode of TNA IMPACT...

Two Round 1 Matches in the Chris Candido Memorial Tag Team Tournament
Syxx-Pac & Alex Shelley vs Abyss & Shark Boy
Kip James (Billy Gunn) & Petey Williams vs Konnan & Lance Hoyt
plus Jeff Hardy, "Prime Time" Elix Skipper, Jeff Jarrett, "Alpha Male" Monty Brown, Mikey Batts, Simon Diamond, "Mr 630" Jerrelle Clark, Shane Douglas, Sabu, Rhino, "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and an NWA Non Title match...
Raven vs Team Canada's Bobby Roode

watch online with Real Player at http://www.tnawrestling.com/index2.html
Old 08-30-05, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So Naitch is teaming with HBK....until Michaels turns his back and Flair gives him a kick in the balls so Triple H can come out with a sledgehammer. How many times has Flair done this in the past few years?

Paraphrased snatch of conversation that I found funny:
JR: "HBK is one of the two greatest performers I have ever seen!"
KING: "And I'm the other one, right?"
JR: "Err...you're right up there, King!"

Big Show is looking more and more like Andre now. He's got the huge belly and restricted movement. A couple of hiptosses, some chops, two chokeslams, and he was sucking wind so bad the first two rows passed out due to oxygen deprivation. I did like the "Shhh!" he did before each chop though.

Fell asleep during the Edge/Hardy brawl and missed the big splat.

I guess they still have plans for Tyson Tomko. He looks impressive, but he's going to need to show more personality than walking around the ring flexing and screaming. Nice idea showing him booting the heads off jobbers from the syndicated shows, maybe get somebody to actually watch those shows.

I'm liking the Cade & Murdoch team already. You can tell why Murdoch took the name, because he looks a lot like Dick Murdoch or a young Dusty Rhodes.
Old 08-30-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't think Edge and Hardy were anymore than a work. None of that match looked like a shoot.

The only thing I think may have been real was the injury to Edge. He looked like he landed wrong.
Old 08-30-05, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by waporvare
I didn't think Edge and Hardy were anymore than a work. None of that match looked like a shoot.

The only thing I think may have been real was the injury to Edge. He looked like he landed wrong.
Man, all of that was REAL!!!! Didn't you hear how concerned JR was!?!? The king even went down to help out!!! They don't do that if they are messing around. All those people shouting to see if the power was off!?! They had to have asked "Is the power off" at least 20 times. That is serious no messing around business. Even Eric Bischoff came out. He won't come out unless there is a major problem. No one has ever fell off that stage like that before. That was at least 25 feet straight down i think JR said.

Old 08-30-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

that was an awesome match... whoever tapped it ... please send me a copy
Old 08-30-05, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nothing beats Shane-O-Mac's fall from (was it?) Wrestlemania.
Old 08-30-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really miss Shane-O-Mac sometimes (but not the mean street posse). He did fall from like 100 feet up off the titantron it seems. I don't remember what PPV that was though. Was he fighting Steve Blackman?
Old 08-30-05, 10:39 AM

Shane and Stephanie really made the shows better. They were just natural performers. I was a little impressed by Masters last night he might not be a complete tool after all only a Hercules Hernandez level tool.

Poor HBK must be having deja vu his having to carry the company again.
Old 08-30-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought hardy edge was decent enough. I thought coach and jr going down there was good for the show. It was clear to anyone like me who has seen to much wrestling that they were ok, but there was a little potential for edge to get hurt because he did fall kind of weird into the pile. I don't think they wanted to go down the way they did. I like Tomko kicking rosey in the gut an knocking him out that was kinda funny. It appears they are trying to recapture some of the feel of raw/nitro from years ago. Ala big match at end of first hour. I've only started watching for like a month or so maybe theyve been doing it awhile. I am a little surprised at the short leash Micheals is on regarding Hogan. In general everyone seems to be getting away with more on the mic
Old 08-30-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by waporvare

I thought it was a good match. Towards the end before heading up the ramp, I thought their shots were a lot stiffer. Edge did take a good bump and he did look like he landed right on the back of his neck, ending with his feet way over his head. I'd freak too knowing I previosuly had neck surgery.

He certainly was going in at a sharper angle.
Old 08-31-05, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by turborobb
this weeks episode of TNA IMPACT...

Two Round 1 Matches in the Chris Candido Memorial Tag Team Tournament
Syxx-Pac & Alex Shelley vs Abyss & Shark Boy
Kip James (Billy Gunn) & Petey Williams vs Konnan & Lance Hoyt
plus Jeff Hardy, "Prime Time" Elix Skipper, Jeff Jarrett, "Alpha Male" Monty Brown, Mikey Batts, Simon Diamond, "Mr 630" Jerrelle Clark, Shane Douglas, Sabu, Rhino, "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and an NWA Non Title match...
Raven vs Team Canada's Bobby Roode

watch online with Real Player at http://www.tnawrestling.com/index2.html

Third rate bush league with WWE rejects and wannabee's. No thanks.
Old 08-31-05, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo

Edge's hair gave away the electrcution angle too early.
Old 08-31-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by salamander2
Third rate bush league with WWE rejects and wannabee's. No thanks.
For putting up with three crappy matches on a RAW each week and a diva search, I'd welcome some wrestling.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.