Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Finally installed my dad's Xmas present (for Pats fans)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 08-15-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a guy who worked for the company that took down the old Foxboro stadium. I begged him to snag me 4 chairs for my father; they've had season's tickets since 85. It was very tough because they actually tried to sell all the seats, but I guess some workers were sneaky enough to get away with some. Although they're not the exact same seats, they are the same color and same numbers. They sat in our basement all winter, and I finally got around to setting them in concrete. I used stainless steel brackets so I can take them in during the winter. Hopefully my parents will be enjoying them well into their golden years

Old 08-15-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those look a lot different than the "seats" that I got when I was lucky enough to get tickets.

Seriously, that looks really cool.
Old 08-15-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What took you so long Chris?

They started off on the aluminum bleachers way back when. And gradually moved up...especially during the 90-92 years. Thats why they're always so critical of bandwagon fans. Everytime they see some guy whooping it up with face paint, my mother always says "Yeah but I bet he wasn't there in 91 when we couldn't give away our extra seats!"
Old 08-15-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 198 Posts
Yeah, I only remember the "freeze to your ass" benches from Foxboro, not seats. Looks good though!

Off topic, but do any of you know were I can get some tickets for a game(s) this season for less than the triple face value I've been seeing them go for on craigslist? I want to go to the Chargers game cause it's the day before my b-day.