Kip James & Monty Brown vs Konnan & Ron "The Truth" Killings

Abyss vs Lance Hoyt

X-Division Non-Title : Internet Dream Match
Christopher Daniels vs Austin Aries

8 man Tag Match
Team Canada vs The Naturals & America's Most Wanted

Shocker vs Alex Shelley

6 man X-Division Tag Match
Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Shark Boy vs Simon Diamond, David Young & "Primetime" Elix Skipper

plus the TNA return of Jeff Hardy

any TNA fans around here? predictions anyone?
Im going to see the show live tomorrow!

You can watch episodes of TNA IMPACT free online, until they get their show on Spike TV in October. This weeks episode has AJ Styles vs "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams AWESOME MUST SEE MATCH! Three Live Kru vs "Mr. 630" Jerrelle Clark and Mikey Batts (check out the moves Clark does, this guy is the next big star!) and Rhino vs former X-Division champion Chris Sabin. There's also a great blooper where Rhino goes to drive Sabin from the top rope on the table and the table doesn't break. TNA has the worst luck with props either not breaking or falling apart too soon.
http://www.tnawrestling.com/index3.html
Old 08-14-05, 05:16 AM

it ain't WWE, so it's minor league crap, bunch of old timers from dubbya cee dubbya and WWE, have to pass on this one.
Old 08-14-05, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will definitely have to see the Styles/Joe match. That should be great.
Old 08-15-05, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by prince_of_saturn
it ain't WWE, so it's minor league crap, bunch of old timers from dubbya cee dubbya and WWE, have to pass on this one.
I'd wager there's more youth on the TNA roster than on the WWE one.
Old 08-15-05, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's kind of unfair cause Hogan and Flair kind of skew the age average!!!

Anyways, I don't think it's worth ordering a TNA PPV but I would have loved to watch the Jerry Lynn/Sean Waltman match which I heard was pretty good. Talk about some GWA nostalgia
Old 08-16-05, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by prince_of_saturn
That annoys me so much. Saying TNA is minor league? ok. Small time? ok. A glorified indy? ok. Lucky to be on ppv? ok. Lucky to still be in business? ok. But to say a bunch of old timers from wcw and wwe? Not ok. not even a third of the roster has been in wcw or wwe. A big chunk of TNA's main eventers are guys wwe said couldn't main even, just like a big chunk wwe's main eventers are guys wcw said couldn't main event.

Enough ranting...

I've been watching the recent Impact episodes and I have to say they've been more enjoyable than Raw & Smackdown. I've seen the previous four TNA ppv's and they have been better than most of the wwe shows in the past year, aside from Mania.

Reviews are saying this show was even better than those. I really want to see the Styles/Joe match, I've seen their matches in ROH & PWG and both were great. The Daniels/Aries match would have to be awesome too, they had a wicked match at the Super 8 last year. Plus any show that starts off with Sabin and ends with Sabu has to be good.
Old 08-17-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So any recaps? Haven't watched TNA since it's been off the air, though I will check out those webcasts. Is AJ not champ anymore?
Old 08-22-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"bunch of old timers"?!? yeah, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Petey Williams, Elix Skipper, Chris Sabin, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, The Naturals, AMW, Team Canada, Monty Brown, ect ect... what a bunch of old timers. lol

it reminds me of the days of the Nitro vs Raw wars when WWF fans would say WCW was either a bunch of old guys (Hogan, Piper, Nash, Steiner, Flair) or a bunch of minor league no names (Booker T, Jericho, Benoit, Juvi, Guerrero, Rey) and WWF was so much better at using their talent. yeah WCW sucked so much they came back to all those "old guys" and picked up all those no-names while most of the WWF talent of that time (Gangrel, Mark Henry, Val Venus, Steve Blackman, Test, ect) are mostly long forgotten or wrestling on Heat.

Anyway, enough of my rant, the PPV was awesome, AJ vs Samoa Joe was one of the best matches of the year, also Lance Hoyt is on his way to being a huge star. There wasn't a bad match in the PPV. Jeff Hardy did a run-in during the main event.

Haven't watched TNA since it's been off the air, though I will check out those webcasts. Is AJ not champ anymore?
AJ lost the world title in a 5 man King of the Mountain ladder match at the June PPV to Raven, Raven defended it againsy Abyss at the July PPV, Raven is still the champ and defends it against Rhino at the Sept PPV.

personaly, I find a "minor league crap" Raven vs Rhino world title match a hell of alot more interesting then Batista vs Bradshaw or any match with John Cena, but maybe thats just me.

check out the Impact episodes online this month, they are doing the Chris Candido memorial tag team tournament where they match up an older wrestler with an up and coming star at random. There were some interesting teams like Abyss & Shark Boy, Billy Gunn & Petey Williams, Konnan & Lance Hoyt and Syxx Pac & Alex Shelly and others. I was at the TV tapings here in Orlando, it was fantastic.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/