Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE: Week of 8/8-8/14 (Hogan/Michaels Faceoff; Bret Hart DVD; John Cena's New Single)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE: Week of 8/8-8/14 (Hogan/Michaels Faceoff; Bret Hart DVD; John Cena's New Single)

Old 08-08-05, 07:01 PM
Suspended

Well, let's see what they can do this week...
Old 08-08-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hopefully we'll get more "brother, brother, brother" from HBK tonight.
Old 08-08-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Well, let's see what they can do that's weak...
Fixed.
Old 08-08-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's the RAW preview
Hogan and HBK - Face to Face
August 8, 2005

Shawn Michaels did his best Hulk Hogan impersonation on RAW on Aug. 1, and one can only imagine how much it must have gotten under the Hulkster’s skin. After making fun of his age, backstage “politicking,” his new reality show and more, HBK will go face to face with the WWE Hall of Famer. What will the Hulkster have to say to the Showstopper?

Also, how will John Cena react after being laid out thanks to the actions of Chris Jericho and RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff? The laceration that Cena received required five stitches, but doctors have cleared him for action. Tune in to RAW to find out what the WWE Champ’s next move is.

And RAW will be live from Pittsburgh, Kurt Angle’s hometown. Angle will be the hometown hero and try to win back his gold medal in the Eugene Invitational. Can Eugene do the improbable and defeat Angle twice?

And who will be the latest to go home in the 2005 RAW Diva Search Contest? The end is so close that Ashley, Kristal, Elisabeth and Leyla can taste it. But one of them will be going home. You can decide who it will be.

You won’t want to miss all of this exciting action and more, next week on RAW!
Old 08-08-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I feel so sorry for Jericho being thrown into that feud with Cena. Not sure if he's really having fun. Hope he enjoys his time off after SummerSlam and finds that fire again.
Old 08-08-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by edytwinky
I feel so sorry for Jericho being thrown into that feud with Cena. Not sure if he's really having fun. Hope he enjoys his time off after SummerSlam and finds that fire again.
Hope he COMES BACK...!
Old 08-08-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
To help ease the pain of tonight's RAW...

Old 08-08-05, 09:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rogue588
My hose just did the same thing.
Old 08-08-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
What is the point of Rob Conway again?
I'm probably never going to hear the end of this, but I like the gimmick. He's got a good look and a boatload more charisma than Chris Masters. Plus I really dig his entrance music. It's rediculous, but that's what makes it so good.
Old 08-08-05, 09:59 PM
Suspended

So, wait... is Cena cleared or not? Write up says yes, Bischoff says no.
Old 08-08-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

now THAT was comedy!

a pie in the face!

bwahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 08-08-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Who's gonna make the call?????
Old 08-08-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Was that irony displayed at the end of the vid? His "catch phrase" is "You Can't See Me" and at the end, he had a sign that read "See Ya"..
Old 08-08-05, 11:06 PM
Suspended

The big news this past week was that Bret Hart put aside his differences with the WWE and agreed to take part in the production of his DVD. Hart has also clearly stated that this is all he's agreed to do, and won't be taking part in any on-screen shenanigans. He doesn't want to tarnish his legacy by doing so (even though everything since the Montreal Screwjob pretty much did that anyway). Fans everywhere though are just salivating at the thought of him showing up... or even just his theme firing up on Raw. Won't happen, sadly... but boy would it ever be sweet.

We start with the Eugene Invitational. Eugene hypes Hogan, because he's gonna need it. Fans don't seem to buy it. Kurt Angle comes out to interrupt, and the crowd goes NUTS for Angle. Angle prepares the crowd to boo Hogan even more, and gets them to boo Eugene as well. Wow. Angle has to start insulting the crowd to get them to turn on him. Match starts. Eugene blatantly hits the ref, and blames Angle. This is bizarro world WWE. Fans have forgotten that Angle yelled at them and are FIRMLY behind him. Eugene wins by disqualification.

But now here comes Hogan to save the day. Angle bails. Hogan and Eugene pose, and they play Hogan's music loud enough so no one can hear the booing. (If this Pittsburgh crowd will boo Cena, I'm moving there.)

Shelton Benjamin v. Chris Masters - Wasn't Benjamin feuding with Carlito? How'd this happen? I predict this is all just to kill time until Big Show makes an appearance and Masters runs away. The match seems to be moving in slow motion, and the crowd makes apathy noises (ie silence). JR just called one of Benjamin's moves a "Stinger Splash" (which is was)... are we officially calling it that now? Hmmmm. Anyway, Benjamin jobs again and... that's it? What the hell?? Does this mean I'm going to have to watch a Snitsky/Big Show match later tonight, when Show's obviously feuding with Masters?

Angle's backstage. He says he'll take back his medal and end Eugene's career. Thunderous applause from the crowd.

Buff Bagwell Rob Conway with his lame ass gimmick is backstage. He's fighting Viscera tonight. And now he's there too. He thankfully calls Conway's outfit flaming gay, and then says he'll enjoy anally raping him in the ring tonight. Huh.

Creepy, REALLY creepy promo from Edge about the whole Matt Hardy thing. Lita stands there with a neck brace on, selling the injury given to her by Kane two weeks ago, even though we were told last week that the whole thing with Kane was all fake. It can make your head hurt trying to sort that mess out. Anyway, Edge wants Hardy at SummerSlam, and then makes out with Lita.

Viscera v. Rob Conway - Who do we root for in the Gayest Match of All Time? The crowd decided to root for no one. Viscera's finishing move is actually BUTT SEX. Who on earth puts that to paper, sits back and says "Yes. Good. Butt sex, perfect." Conway "wins". What a feud this'll be.

Supercross: The Movie. That will make about six bucks. Why didn't someone in Hollywood realize that? Supercross, BMX, skateboarding, surfing, X Games movies don't make money.

Hurricane/Rosey/Stacy Keibler v. The Heartthrobs/Victoria - This is a "Sunday Night Heat" feud spilling over onto Raw. Ugh. I really like Victoria, but something's gone horribly wrong with her makeup or hair or outfit or SOMETHING. We go back in time to SummerSlam 1988 for a moment, as The Heartthrobs become distracted by Stacy's ass (ala Jesse Ventura amazed at seeing Miss Elizabeth in a bikini bottom), but then steal a win anyway.

Highlight Reel w/Chris Jericho. Guest Eric Bischoff. He and Jericho hug, and that's almost as eerie as seeing that snapshot of Bret Hart shaking hands with Vince McMahon on WWE.com this week. Fans are booing Jericho and cheering whenever Cena's name is mentioned. You let me down Pittsburgh. Anyway, they call out the referee who ran in and allowed Cena to win last week. Bischoff slaps him around (as he should) and then says he'll wrestle Jericho next. Wow, so they do right by addressing something that should be addressed and then go where it has no reason to go. Chris Jericho, in his first actual match in FOREVER, against a referee.

Chris Jericho v. Referee Chad Patton w/Eric Bischoff as Special Guest Referee - Jericho does that creepy thing again (twice) where he sort of lovingly holds his opponent's face and head and just looks at him. Carlito comes out to beat up the ref too. Who will save the referee?? Hogan? Nah. Anyone we'd care about? Nah. Super Cena comes out to save him. God, he sucks. Thank god he saved the poor referee though, it was important to the storyline that the referee not be crippled.

That spinning abomination of the WWE Title needs to be smashed into a million pieces, by the way.

The Cave? Wasn't Alone in the Dark just out?

Next week on Raw... Carlito/Jericho v. Cena. Shocker. Diva Search time. I wonder what the score in the NFL game is. Tonight's challenge is how the girls react when they get hit in the face with a pie. Seriously. Next week, this bullshit ends.

Matt Hardy v. Snitsky. Hmmm. This seems to be a slapped together matchup. No Big Show tonight I guess. Hardy wins (with what JR calls a modified Diamond Cutter... what the hell is going on with the WCW references?), Edge attacks.

John Cena's music video reminds me of that "I Love You" song that Vanilla Ice rapped and Beavis & Butthead mocked. Hey look, little kids doing wrestling moves... that's responsible TV. Crowd's reaction to the cheapsauce is mixed... hmmm, maybe I could move near Pittsburgh.

Oh good lord, this Hogan/Michaels face off is going to be behind podiums, and Lawler is the moderator. But cool, Hogan v. Angle next week. Michaels is out first, and I think the sound guys are pumping in some boos. Big Hogan chant. Michaels won't stop talking, by design. When Hogan finally gets his turn, he mentions that Michaels screwed Bret Hart... which leads to the "You Screwed Bret" chants. Hmmmmmmmm. Hogan asks Michaels "Whatcha gonna do?" and amusingly, Lawler gives him a chance to answer. No one's ever had a chance to actually answer that question. Michaels responds by superkicking Lawler, and then brawls with Hogan.

Dammit, they had to go and mention Bret Hart and pretend that he hasn't mended fences somewhat with the WWE. Not to mention that next week's Raw is in Montreal. Now I have to keep watching.
Old 08-08-05, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

thoughts on RAW

They're cheering Kurt... And if you listen closely through the audio-monkey's distortion, you can hear them say EUGENE SUCKS!

HAHAHA!

Kurt is spitting all over the mic...

"You're an idiot!" HAHAHAHA

"He doesn't know any better... He's got freakish strength..." JUST SAY THE WORD!!!

RETARD! There... I know I feel better.

Isn't it a little early in the show for Hulk to be showing up???

Pose Down #1 for the night... Let's see if we can go for 3 tonight...

How much you wanna bet Christy's wondering who the old guy is???

Shelton v. Masters...

Shelton's extremely underutilized... Masters is a bodybuilding lunkhead with no carisma or athletic ability.

WOW! A strait kick to the back by Masters... Fucking amazing.

Yet the writers seem to keep "finding stuff for him..." And the release people that can actually entertain.

I guess that's why I like the Matt Hardy/Edge story... The writers weren't involved with creating it.

Oh the match is over... Stopped paying attention.

"And just for kicks, I'm gonna end his career." Nice... HA

commercial thought: Isn't Steve-O's 15 minutes up??? Why's he still on my TV?

Is it me or is Shawn Michaels the best at making us say, "I didn't see that coming..."

Maria is awesome... I kinda dig the new Conway character. I wonder if Vis is gonna butt-fuck him tonight. That's quite possibly the most disturbing thing...

Matt/Edge... Should be a decent fight.

Good fucking promo... Really good fucking promo. See writers we don't need you, just get two guys pissed at each other and this shit writes itself...

Conway's song is pretty funny... But there's nothing funny about Viscera...

Actually he kicked him in the theigh... But knee-cap's close enough JR...

"The Wallrus???" They've named the prison rape position???

commercial thought: BarberShop - The Series... Riiiiiight. Smart move.

Stacey & The Comic-Con geeks vs. Victoria & The Gays...

Personally I like Victoria... She kinda has the strong jaw thing, but other than that she's well put together...

That was the best example of "Throw Away Match."

commercial thought: I'm looking forward to The Brothers Grimm... Big Gilliam fan.

Deuce Bigalow... I'm not looking forward too. Even though his "boner" comment on last weeks RAW was funny.

The RAW commentators are sooooooooo fucking annoying.

Jericho is one of the best talkers they have. But the Highlight Reel seems to be missing something, maybe it's just tonights segment.

I heard Chris & Fozzy do that song on the Stern show... They're actually a pretty damn good band. His XM show "The Boneyard" is pretty cool too.

Who didn't see the bitch slap coming...

Oooooohhhh! A ref vs. Jericho... That what the writers come up with??? THEY SUCK!

HAHAHHA Nice try Ref... But this is just dumb.

Is Carlito's hair getting bigger???

OH MY GOD! JOHN CENA!! HE'S NOT MEDICLY CLEARED TO WRESTLE!!! AND JR JUST WET HIS PANTS TWICE!!!!!

"It's not about music..." Yet they had a Battle of the Bands two weeks ago, and they're showing a music video tonight... Could've fooled me.

AH AH!!! MAKE LOUD NOISES!!!!! - Bischoff making next weeks match

I'm going with Ashley... Dig the punk school girl thing...

Krystal... I called that shit... But with that look see can go to Vegas and be a Tina Turner impersonator...

No way that's real.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Stooges shit! I love it!

Who's gonna call Ashley?

Well your obviously not naked... She'll be the runner up and get hired down the road...

#3 sucks... BORING! Get the hook!!!

HBK as Hogan... Fucking Awesome BROTHER!!! brother brother brother brother!!! hahahaha

It has been almost 2 years hasn't it... Shit time flies...

Triple H will get PUNK'd... HA. I remember when they did Stone Cold, he ripped the kid a new asshole. I thought the kid was gonna shit.

Snitzky really is a big dude... Piss poor wrestler...

"That was moronic." "You mean oxymoron." "Oh yeah." STUPID.

Did JR just call Coach a gay???

These two just punch each other... SummerSlam's gonna be a hell of a brawl!

commecial break

I love it!!! FIGHT! This feud is fucking great...

WE FUCKING GET IT HE WANTED TO BE A WRESTLER... Show the video!

I actually remember when they were filming this... I remember seeing the production trucks and shit while I was driving around for work... Kinda cool.

He was also dirving that green lowrider around my hometown (where the recording studio is) while making the album... That was a fucking sight...

The King's the mediator? Odd...

MONTREAL... My home away from home. I love that fucking city... Best looking population of women by far.

These guys are coming out for a face to face "talk" yet they're dressed to wrestle... Anyone else find that strange?

I missed Hogan Knows Best last night... Where's my TV Guide...

Cheap pop...

Oh, it wasn't a new episode last night... Good, don't have to go looking for the repeat times...

I'm a huge HBK mark always have been, ever since he kicked Marty through the Barber Shop window...

I love the whole "I'm not affraid, I don't give a shit" image Shawn puts out...

"I'm here and he's gone." - Shawn's reaction to Bret's name... HAHA

Why is the King even there???

HAHAHA Right in the King's face.

Shawn hates cameramen... When he's in heel mode, he's always yelling at them... HA

Hulk just did the old "Press Slam" pose... HA...

Kind of a cheesey episode... It's become more of me laughing at what a joke the show's become.

That's my statement, the writers can take it and shove it up their asses... They BLOW!

"We have nothing for you" - excuse for being an uncreative bastard.

I'm out!

Last edited by mikewendt; 08-08-05 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-09-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
JR just called one of Benjamin's moves a "Stinger Splash" (which is was)... are we officially calling it that now?
Right before that, Benjamin hit a running kneelift and JR mentioned Mr. Wrestling II. Gotta love it!

Jericho can't possibly be serious about Fozzy. They're a bad 80s metal hair-band, and Jericho is a weak & whiny singer.

John Cena only does a little better as a rapper, although his cousin Trade Marc is pretty good. It's kind of tough to be taken seriously as a hip hop artist when your video is you play-wrestling with your family and old footage of you as a child.

Before winning his match, The Con-Way got it up the Hershey High-Way.
I've never seen a wrestler who uses rape as his finishing maneuver.
Old 08-09-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know what sucks? I really want to see the Hogan/HBK match but that means I'd have to order a PPV based off of one match.

You know there's just something about Conway that's pretty funny. If they could take off Masters and just give Conway that airtime, that'd work.
Old 08-09-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have never been a fan of Edge as a singles wrestler, but that was a really good promo.
Old 08-09-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey SMACKDOWN, that's the way to end a show.
Old 08-09-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

so Hogans going to win this right? Right?

what are you gonna do, what are you gonna do when the 4 remaining Hulkamaniacs run wild on you?

Old 08-09-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It would be absolute BS if Hogan wins the match. He is just using the WWE for publicity for his show. Michaels needs this more than that old egomaniac.
Old 08-09-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by scottall
I have never been a fan of Edge as a singles wrestler, but that was a really good promo.
I hear ya, Christian so carried his ass. But come SummerSlam, I hope he beats the crap out of that whiny baby, Hardy.
Old 08-10-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Velocity & Smackdown spoilers from the Torch

Spoiler:
WWE Smackdown tapings
August 9, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Report by J.B. Reidenbaugh, PWTorch.com reader

Smackdown was in Columbus, Ohio at the Nationwide Arena for the taping on August 9th. The very top tier was tarped off, as was a large area around the hard camera. The house was pretty full but there were several sporadic pockets of empty seats. I was in attendance at the last Smackdown taping in March of '04 and it was better attended.

We were treated to the WrestleMania XXI video package. People still mark out hard for the Stone Cold "unleash hell" line four months later.

DARK MATCH

(1) Deuce Shade defeated Paul Murtaugh(?) via pinfall. The people were so not into this match. OVW wrestler Deuce played the face role and Murtaugh so obviously was the heel. Didn't matter, as the fans broke out the "This Is Boring" chant early. Deuce got a nice armbreaker close to the end - a double-hop up the turnbuckles with a jump off the top rope onto Murtaugh's upper-arm. P.S. ˆ restholds. There were several. Deuce pulls out the win with a surprise rollup. Pretty average boring jobber match.

VELOCITY

Josh Matthews and Romero enter to little fanfare.

Candice Michelle comes out to be the Special Guest Ring Announcer.

(1) Frankie Kazarian defeated Paul London via pinfall. London came out to a nice size pop. Some "T-N-A" chants early on. London looks like he has Pac-Man on his shorts. Frequent restholds that a match with these guys doesn't need. London's spinning heel kicks totally own. Kazarian gets a quick-pin win. London looks really dejected and whines about getting screwed a second week in a row and how it isn't fair. I bet he feels great this is where Creative is taking his character.

(2) Nunzio (w/Vito) defeated Jimmy Jacobs via pinfall in a Cruiserweight Championship Match. First off, let me tell you how sharp Jacobs looked in his one-legged tights. Nunzio was aggressive from the start. Nunzio throws Jacobs to the floor and distracts the ref while Vito (who I guess is no longer Big) gets his licks in. The crowd was pretty tepid for this match but Nunzio still managed to get some pretty good heat. Jacobs mounts a comeback but botches a move. Nunzio wins after a drop from the second rope. I was hoping for the Arrivaderci.

(3) Ken Anderson defeated Funaki via pinfall. WWE is really taking advantage of the nearness of OVW. Ken Anderson cuts a promo with a heel-heat announcing bit where he digs on Funaki and calls himself Mr. Anderson. His mic skills aren't too bad. FunaKi gets off a nice bulldog. Anderson gets the pin after a nice finish which had him standing on the second rope with Funaki across his shoulders like a Samoan Slam. Anderson then flipped forward and landed on Funaki.

Torrie Wilson came out to be the second Special Guest Ring Announcer of the show.

(3) Hardcore Holly defeated Big Stevie Cool via pinfall. I'm such a mark for Steven Richards and the BWO. Holly corners Richards and rips off Richards' shirt. Not because he doesn't like the color blue, no. It's time for some of those sweet stiff slaps of his. Richards must have been smacked fifteen times during the match. Richards messes with Holly's knee for a bit. Holly tries to get off the Alabama Slam but Richards holds on to the top rope. Holly persisted and got it off anyway for the three. Richards sells Holly's slam after the match.

SMACKDOWN

Taz and Michael Cole come out. Pyro goes off. The show begins.

(1) Booker T (w/Sharmell) defeated Joey Mercury (w/Melina, Johnny Nitro, Jillian Hall) via pinfall. I'm a fan of MNM. They're a good tag team in an era where it's hard to be a good tag team. But this Jillian Hall warty-face bit does nothing for them. Nitro tried some funny stuff before the match so the ref sent him back. Jillian escorted him back as he was reluctant to abide. Melina breaks up some top rope action by Booker. Some nice back-and-forth action between the two. Spinaroonie into the Book End but Melina distracts the ref. Sharmell ain't having any of that so she goes and busts up Melina while Booker nails an axe kick for the pin. Too short of a match.

Batista on Christian's Peep Show next. Christian is over. Lots of "Peep" signs and t-shirts. Batista is way over. Even more Batista signs and t-shirts. Christian is upset because he's been left off Summerslam. Christian is going to prove himself by challenging Batista tonight. Crowd loves this. Christian throws around some insults. Batista asks the crowd if they'd like to see him kick Christian's ass. Of course they'd like to see that so the match is on. Main Event. Tonight.

(2) Heidenreich & Road Warrior Animal defeated Scotty Sabre & Jason Static via pinfall. This might have been for the belts, but who knows because Heidenreich and Animal tore into these jobbers like a proper squash match calls for. Boring match, just short of painful to watch. Static sold the Doomsday Device after the match.

Everyone popped for the obligatory Outside The Arena shot.

Rey, his wife, and Dominic were walking backstage but I couldn't hear what Rey was saying.

Quick recap of Bedtime Saga - Chapter 2 from last week.

Randy Orton reminds Teddy Long that this is Orton's in-ring debut after his surgery and he wants to know who his opponent going to be. Long doesn't oblige and tells Orton he has to wait until his match... which is next.

Chris Benoit clip package airs on the big screens. Respect to the Rabid Wolverine.

(3) Randy Orton fights Kamala to a No Contest. Man, does the WWE find new ways to disappoint me each week. Nice heat for Orton. Orton has top-notch dropkicks. Orton gives the RKO to Kamala and cover... but wait... BONG! The crowd goes apesh--. No Undertaker but that stupid RKO-RIP video clip airs. Orton wants to wet himself but regains his composure and swaggers out. The crowd gives Kamala a little love on his exit.

Eddie Guerrero was pacing backstage and talks with the lady from Children's Services, Miss Crabtree(?). She says she's here to observe tonight and do what is right for Dominic. After the commercial break Eddie came out to the ring with Miss Crabtree. You'd think he would have asked the WWE people to get rid of the "Lie, Cheat, Steal" bit from his song. At least for tonight while Children's Services was present. Miss Crabtree was hilarious. She took in the crowd and took notes as to how they reacted to him. She seemed especially interested in the "Eddie Sucks!" chants. Rey looked very somber in an all-black mask. This whole bit went on way too long. If it were Thursday and I was watching at home I would change the channel right now. Oh! Rey said the s-word. Now the crowd said the s-word. Uh-oh! Eddie said the s-word. All of Smackdown is falling to pieces. The internet rumblings are true ˆ Rey versus Eddie for the custody of Dominic at Summerslam. No word on it being a ladder match tonight. Miss Crabtree called Rey and Eddie a "couple of crazies" and sends Dominic to foster care until Rey and Eddie can settle this nonsense. Sad-clown faces all around.

(4) Mexicools (Psicosis & Super Crazy w/Juventud Guerrera) defeated Scotty 2 Hotty & William Regal via pinfall. Super Crazy shouts "Mexicools" every so often during this match. William Regal leaves Scotty hanging and the Mexicools win after a top-rope legdrop by Psicosis. I guess they're heeling out William Regal even though they have nothing to do for him.

The John Cena "Right Now" video aired. Not a bad song, but I got enough of it last night on Raw.

(4) Chris Benoit defeated Simon Dean via submission. Benoit got a major pop. Dean calls Benoit the Flabby Wolverine and cuts on his missing tooth so Benoit gets down to business and puts a boot in Dean's midsection. Three German Suplexes into the Crossface Crippler and Benoit makes short work of Nova. Yeah, this is all Benoit gets.

(5) Batista defeated Christian via DQ. Batista's pyro is HUGE, man. Christian talked a little smack but Batista just laughed at him. Christian tried his best but Batista kept overpowering him. Christian outsmarted Batista and worked on his shoulder a bit. Batista gave Christian a big backdrop from the top rope which gives both men a little breather before Batista resumes manhandling Christian. JBL attacks Batista for the DQ and gets thrown over the announcer's table for his troubles. A few chairshots evens things out for JBL as I assume Smackdown ends with JBL standing over a fallen champ.

The original bonus match that was advertised was Triple H & JBL vs. Batista & John Cena. No Triple H. No Cena.

BONUS DARK MATCH

(1) Batista defeated JBL via pinfall in a Street Fight. JBL got some cheap (but powerful) heat by dissing the Buckeyes. He said he was promised a Street Fight tonight and he was going to get one so he tried to pin a prone Batista nearly right away but Big Dave kicked out. JBL put some more hurtin' on Batista using the metal steps. As hurt as Batista is JBL can't score the pin. Batista finally turns the tables on a chair-wielding JBL and gets the pin after a massive Batista Bomb. Both men lie in the ring after the bell and Batista sells his shoulder injury. JBL is helped backstage as Batista celebrates in the ring.

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 08-10-05 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-10-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Good grief @ Rey/Eddie angle.
Old 08-10-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do any of you guys still spend money on the WWE pay per views?
I think the last one we got was probably wrestlemania 13.
I don't see myself buying another one anytime soon.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.